1963 250hp timing specs?

Old August 5th 07, 05:47 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

Default 1963 250hp timing specs?

What is the initial timing of the distributor (w/vac. adv. plugged) @ 600
rpm? I have the shop manual and can't find this setting in it. Can anybody
relay to me the page this setting is on, if it is in the manual. I've went
thru the specs' page and can't find it anywhere. Thanx- lib

Old August 5th 07, 06:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lib" > wrote in message
.. .
> What is the initial timing of the distributor (w/vac. adv. plugged)
> @ 600 rpm? I have the shop manual and can't find this setting in it.
> Can anybody relay to me the page this setting is on, if it is in the
> manual. I've went thru the specs' page and can't find it anywhere.
> Thanx- lib

Should be more like 500 RPM with 4 B for the 250 HP, 8 for the 300 HP
and 10 for the 365 HP @ 700 RPM with 25 less RPM for powerglide. I'm
running mine a 4 right now with a good 20 pounds vacuum on a 250 HP
4speed. Dwell should be 28-32 degrees, initial point gap of .019 new,
016 used, plugs heat range 44 or 45/46 (city) gapped at .035. Stay
with the 45 heat range because you can't burn off today's gasoline
with the colder plugs. All that is in the owners manual on page 44 and
page 46 has your wheel alignment specifications.

Pay attention to the right manifold to make sure the choke tube inside
it is good, better yet replace it with a new stainless steel one
before you put it on. All it takes is a crack in it to load your choke
up with pressurized soot. I'm not talking about the one that goes up
to the choke control or the one that goes to the top of the
carburetor, it's inside the manifold and not a drop in change.

By the way the speedometer reads 1 3/4 MPH to fast (GPS checked) with
a blue 20 tooth gear and 225X70X15 tires, 27 inch diameter, they also
rub in tight turns.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old August 7th 07, 03:57 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lib

My thanx, once again to Dad, for your willingness to share your wealth of
information. The car went into the body shop today for the final touches. I
had the original hood repaired and painted to match the existing paint. Your
info will be used to check out the ignition settings we used, which I
believe are very close to what we set them at originally. I was surprised to
see that those specs weren't in the shop manual. I went on EBay today to
inquire about an Owner'
s manual. It will be 2 years next month when we pulled the drivetrain and
begun the project. I hope to drive it back with my son from Wash. state to
Calif. around Labor Day. He wants to go for a ride, and I'll damn sure take
him. If things work out the way I'd like them to- some day this will be his
car. I'll let you know how the ride is coming home- lib

Old August 7th 07, 05:33 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"lib" > wrote in message
.. .
> My thanx, once again to Dad, for your willingness to share your
> wealth of information. The car went into the body shop today for the
> final touches. I had the original hood repaired and painted to match
> the existing paint. Your info will be used to check out the ignition
> settings we used, which I believe are very close to what we set them
> at originally. I was surprised to see that those specs weren't in
> the shop manual. I went on EBay today to inquire about an Owner'
> s manual. It will be 2 years next month when we pulled the
> drivetrain and begun the project. I hope to drive it back with my
> son from Wash. state to Calif. around Labor Day. He wants to go for
> a ride, and I'll damn sure take him. If things work out the way I'd
> like them to- some day this will be his car. I'll let you know how
> the ride is coming home- lib

Good luck on your trip, trying to prepare for one to South Carolina to
3 of my granddaughters birthdays in September. Got it running to were
it is dependable and now think I'm going to dump the 10 year old tires
before I commit to a 1,600 mile drive. Just got to get it on the Tail
of The Dragon..........
Here's a picture as it sit now -
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...71207002-1.jpg

Old August 7th 07, 09:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Ric Seyler[_2_]

Dad wrote:

> "lib" > wrote in message
> .. .
>
>> My thanx, once again to Dad, for your willingness to share your
>> wealth of information. The car went into the body shop today for the
>> final touches. I had the original hood repaired and painted to match
>> the existing paint. Your info will be used to check out the ignition
>> settings we used, which I believe are very close to what we set them
>> at originally. I was surprised to see that those specs weren't in the
>> shop manual. I went on EBay today to inquire about an Owner'
>> s manual. It will be 2 years next month when we pulled the drivetrain
>> and begun the project. I hope to drive it back with my son from Wash.
>> state to Calif. around Labor Day. He wants to go for a ride, and I'll
>> damn sure take him. If things work out the way I'd like them to- some
>> day this will be his car. I'll let you know how the ride is coming
>> home- lib

> Good luck on your trip, trying to prepare for one to South Carolina to
> 3 of my granddaughters birthdays in September. Got it running to were
> it is dependable and now think I'm going to dump the 10 year old tires
> before I commit to a 1,600 mile drive. Just got to get it on the Tail
> of The Dragon..........
> Here's a picture as it sit now -
> http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...71207002-1.jpg

That baby is just screaming for a set of RedLines man!!!!
Or even a set of GoldLines.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson
Old August 8th 07, 01:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

1963 Corvette Owners manual?
Look towards the very bottom of this page (18 bucks)
http://www.books4cars.com/search.asp...rs&offs et=50

or here about 1/3 down the page ( 8 bucks)warning loads very slow)
http://www.gregsonline.com/eshop/Htm...ette-books.htm

Old August 8th 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Tom in Missouri

No, what it needs is a white rally or racing stripe down it. :-)