Re-Installing N2003?

Old July 5th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Default Re-Installing N2003?

A few months ago, I built a new dual core AMD based socket 939 system.

I want to re-install N2003 by Papyrus , what and where should I look for, in
regards to updating a clean, new install of this sim?

Thanks,

--
Don

Old July 5th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

First the system.

Have you installed the AMD and Microsoft patches for Dual-Core systems?

If not, you'll get VERY choppy operation out of NR2003.

-Larry

Old July 5th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Hmm, I think so, not for sure.

Isn't, the amd update, just for cool and quiet ?

--
Don

Old July 5th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

No, not at all.

See this thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread....=amd+dual-core

Old July 5th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Hmm, thanks, I will check that out, I am certain after first glance, I
probably don't have these two " updates".

--
Don

Old July 8th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Ok, I have installed N2003 and updated to 1.2.0.1
I am running, on an Athlon X2 4400+ , 2gb ram, Radeon X850XT PCIe 256 mb
video card, Audigy 2 ZS soundcard,
Windows XP Pro SP2 with all udpates.

I have not, as of yet, applied the AMD or Microsoft updates, mentioned
below.

Have run into some problems.

After installing and updating to 1.2.0.1, upon initial launch, the game
would freeze on the intro sequence. I deleted the intro.bik file, and it
started up fine.

After setting up for my MS FFB usb wheel, and setting graphics options to
high, loaded up Daytona in testing mode. Frame rate wise, getting around 145
fps in testing mode.

When exiting the track, the game locks up. One time it didn't, and the short
replay clip it showed, the car sounded very high pitched, like a F1 car.
Shortly after, when switching screens, it locked up again. Does not crash to
desktop, just freezes, no sound, no nothing. Have to power the pc off and
power it back on.

Any ideas? So far, have only tried running in d3d mode.

Thanks,

--
Don

Old July 9th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Glen Pittman

Hello Don,

I had the same issue after my last motherboard upgrade. I went from an EPoX
NV2 Ultra based board to a MSI NV4 based board to go to the PCIe Video Card
(X1900XTX) and was using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card as well. I could run
a practice session for 30 laps or so, then exit the car to where the replay
would be showing. I would get the high pitched sounds, and then the
eventual lockup (usually not more than 10 -15 seconds later at most). I
searched all over the internet, and found mention of a few cases where the
SB card was the problem, and using the newer cards solved the issues. (I did
know the model numbers to avoid, but I can't find it at the moment). I
didn't have any issues with other games, only NR2003

I have since upgraded to the SB X-Fi card, and all is well. I had one other
person tell me that they also upgraded to cure the same issue, but theirs
still occurs. So I don't know for sure if the newest card would help or
not, but it did cure my issue, which sounds almost identical to yours. I am
not running a X2 cpu on my board though. I am using an AMD64 4000+, so I am
not sure that the X2 part of your equation would have anything to do with
it.

Glen Pittman

news

Old July 9th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don Burnette[_1_]

Thanks Glen.

I have been considering going ahead and upgrading to the X-Fi card, and I
may go ahead and do so, and see if solving this is a nice side benefit to
it.. I am running the latest drivers for the Audigy 2 card.

--
Don

Old July 9th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Bonz

Brother had same problem....make sure 3d sounds has a check mark in it

Old July 10th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy

Question, since you have the Nforce4 chipset, was the onboard sound that bad
(or non existant?) all the boards I was looking to upgrade to have onboard
sound for the nvidia amd boards... confused, yea probably my part...
Don Burnette enlightened us with: