changing drums on a 200 blazer

Old April 1st 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default changing drums on a 200 blazer

Hi guys i read some of the posts and realise there is some very good
advice here. I have a 2000 chev Bazer and cannot for the life of me
get the discs off. They are drum like to accomodate for the parking
brake but i see no screw holding them on. I am looking for tips to get
them off. I have removed the brakes and parking brake cable so far....
Any help would be grealy appreciated guys and please keep the " contact
a profesional" crap to yourselves.... if i was that smart i wouldnt
have taken on the job lol

Old April 1st 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Well we on the forum not knowing the extent of your mechanical
knowledge/ability might at some point say that. Now to the issue at hand, I
assume the caliper mount bracket is off? The rotor could be stuck either on
the parking brake shoes and/or frozen to the hub, try hitting the rotor
around where it mounts to the hub first.
ups.com...

Old April 1st 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Is there anything that would be holding it on like a bolt or should it
ride freely? I tried banging the hell outta it but it won't budge my
fear is that its stuck in a groove frome the parking break

Old April 1st 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

If the rotor is going to be replaced, keep hitting it from the rear, could
be a lip from the brake shoes, does it move on the hub?
ups.com...

Old April 1st 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

it doesnt seem to budge at all i have whacked it fairly forcefully but
it doesnt seem to move
maybe more force and violence?

Old April 1st 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Stuck on the hub, soak them where the rotor mounts on the hub may be for a
couple of hours with PB blaster or some type of rust penetrant. hit the
rotor sideways at the "hat" area, where the parking brake shoes are inside
till there is some lateral looseness.
oups.com...

Old April 2nd 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

thanks i will try that tomorrow. I have some 3 in one and break dust
remover i'll try that stuff and a hammer :P
Thanks again guys for the advice. As long as its suposed to come off
then i will hopefully get it off

Old April 2nd 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

That stuff won't work, you need real rust penetant such as PB blaster.
oups.com...

Old April 2nd 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Thanks Shep i got them off with alot of oil and a good sledge hammer :s
The new ones are on with new pads and man whata difference.
Thanks again.

Old April 2nd 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I had some other penetrant some 3 digit blueish stuff a friend brought
over.

By the way if you ever need Electrical Advice give me a hollar i am a
Licenced Elctricial in Ottawa, Ontario , Canada !

Bad Rear Brake Drums from Napa Rick Yerke Chrysler 7 October 16th 16 04:09 PM
01 odyssey rear drums Troy Honda 2 October 2nd 05 08:44 PM
Max Seating of Chevy Blazer 4-door 2004 hw Technology 1 December 15th 04 08:11 PM
Lift options for 2000 Chevy Blazer Steve 4x4 4 June 15th 04 05:09 AM