Removing Air conditioning and Heater in TJ

Old January 4th 05, 02:00 AM
Troy

Default Removing Air conditioning and Heater in TJ

I've decided to remove the heater and air conditioning in my 01 jeep tj.
It's a project jeep and not my daily driver anymore so I won't need them
anyways. But now I need help planning out how to do it. I have removed a/c
from an s10 before, and removed the compressor pump, and there was an ac
delco pulley you could use on the block to keep the serpentine belt all
normal.

Does anyone know the part# or where I can get a pulley to remove my ac
compressor in the jeep? It's an I6 by the way. Also, on the s10, we cut a
small aluminum pipe and shaped it to a U and used that to plug in the heater
hoses where the heater core used to be. I was thinking though, aren't there
some sort of plugs I can just stop up the holes from the water pump? Kinda
like freeze plugs?

Besides that, I can't think of anything else just right now. Any ideas?

Old January 4th 05, 03:28 AM
Eric

Don't just get a pulley, get an air compressor mounted there. Even better,
convert the current A/C compressor to an air compressor for OBA! I'm sure
Bill has some links he can toss your way.

Me, I like my A/C. :-)

Eric
99 TJ SE

k.net...

Old January 4th 05, 04:21 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Troy,
Trucks are made to work on, and like your old Chevy you may remove
the evaporator from under their hoods. I'll bet it'll be the last thing
that comes out from your cowl:
http://www.billhughes.com/jeepDashRemoved.jpg
I'd peruse the bone yards, looking for a TJ without air
conditioning and use it's brackets:
http://www.billhughes.com/jeepserp.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old January 4th 05, 07:59 PM
JimG

Want to sell the air conditioner parts? I plan to add air to my TJ. I
would need everything (brackets, bolts, hose, belt. etc.).

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

k.net...

Old January 6th 05, 03:23 PM
Troy

Sorry, some of the pipes and hoses were cut to get it outta there. I still
have the compressor and all the parts though, but I'm not sure how long they
last without having the refrigerant in them. I think I've heard someone say
the accumulator will go bad after a while, but I'm no mechanic. The heater
/ cooler box that goes on the inside was held in by 6 bolts (tj) guess they
added two. What got me into trouble was that one of the bolts had a nut,
then a plate, then another nut on it, and I didn't see it and broke the box
getting it out. So then I just got tic'd and tore it all out. Had to get
it running cuz school is starting monday and I have to be able to get there.