Shelby S/S Goes To 800HP

Old April 9th 11, 10:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Suzanne McKenzie

Default Shelby S/S Goes To 800HP

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/...0_super_s.html

Really, 750 wasn't enough? And next up, it's an even 1,000...? Sure
the Shelby S/S is a high-end car, but 750 HP is crazy HP. Hell,
that's serious full drag car numbers from just a few years back.

Patrick
Old April 10th 11, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake Suzanne McKenzie > :

>http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/...0_super_s.html
>
>Really, 750 wasn't enough? And next up, it's an even 1,000...? Sure
>the Shelby S/S is a high-end car, but 750 HP is crazy HP. Hell,
>that's serious full drag car numbers from just a few years back.
>
>Patrick

Lots of guys I'm going to be racing against are making 800 - 900 on
410 inch SBC and FBC. But the engine only has to do that for about 7
and a half seconds. And burns methanol. And has 14:1 piston/heads.
And ...

1000 hp? Aren't we getting into Veyron territory? And how many of
them have been wrecked by drivers who couldn't appreciate what 1000 hp
is capable of?
--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly
proportional to its desireability to another dog.

Old April 10th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

On 4/9/2011 21:54, Dillon Pyron wrote:
> Thus spake Suzanne > :
>
>> http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/...0_super_s.html
>>
>> Really, 750 wasn't enough? And next up, it's an even 1,000...? Sure
>> the Shelby S/S is a high-end car, but 750 HP is crazy HP. Hell,
>> that's serious full drag car numbers from just a few years back.
>>
>> Patrick

> Lots of guys I'm going to be racing against are making 800 - 900 on
> 410 inch SBC and FBC. But the engine only has to do that for about 7
> and a half seconds. And burns methanol. And has 14:1 piston/heads.
> And ...
>
> 1000 hp? Aren't we getting into Veyron territory? And how many of
> them have been wrecked by drivers who couldn't appreciate what 1000 hp
> is capable of?

I'd like to take that chance but I'm not sure id want to depend on
it as a daily driver depending on the mileage.
Old April 10th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Suzanne McKenzie

On Apr 9, 9:54*pm, Dillon Pyron > wrote:
> Thus spake Suzanne McKenzie > :
>
> >http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/..._gt500_super_s...

> >Really, 750 wasn't enough? *And next up, it's an even 1,000...? *Sure
> >the Shelby S/S is a high-end car, but 750 HP is crazy HP. *Hell,
> >that's serious full drag car numbers from just a few years back.

> >Patrick

> Lots of guys I'm going to be racing against are making 800 - 900 on
> 410 inch SBC and FBC. *But the engine only has to do that for about 7
> and a half seconds. *And burns methanol. *And has 14:1 piston/heads.
> And ...

Yep. Yet with the Shelby could pick up your grandmother from Church
and drop her off at the bingo parlor.

> 1000 hp? *Aren't we getting into Veyron territory?

I know. Detroit muscle cars have become bad-ass, something a friend
of mine with late-model 333HP BMW M3 acknowledges. 'I used to mess
with [the older] Mustangs, Camaros, but not anymore... now I always
get smacked down.'

*And how many of
> them have been wrecked by drivers who couldn't appreciate what 1000 hp
> is capable of?

With that amount of firepower, I'd have to have a revolving credit
account with the State and local cops. 'Sorry, again, sir, could you
just put it on my tab?'

Patrick
Old April 13th 11, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake Suzanne McKenzie > :

>On Apr 9, 9:54*pm, Dillon Pyron > wrote:
>> Thus spake Suzanne McKenzie > :
>>
>> >http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011/..._gt500_super_s...

>> >Really, 750 wasn't enough? *And next up, it's an even 1,000...? *Sure
>> >the Shelby S/S is a high-end car, but 750 HP is crazy HP. *Hell,
>> >that's serious full drag car numbers from just a few years back.

>> >Patrick

>> Lots of guys I'm going to be racing against are making 800 - 900 on
>> 410 inch SBC and FBC. *But the engine only has to do that for about 7
>> and a half seconds. *And burns methanol. *And has 14:1 piston/heads.
>> And ...

>Yep. Yet with the Shelby could pick up your grandmother from Church
>and drop her off at the bingo parlor.
>
>> 1000 hp? *Aren't we getting into Veyron territory?

>I know. Detroit muscle cars have become bad-ass, something a friend
>of mine with late-model 333HP BMW M3 acknowledges. 'I used to mess
>with [the older] Mustangs, Camaros, but not anymore... now I always
>get smacked down.'
>
> *And how many of
>> them have been wrecked by drivers who couldn't appreciate what 1000 hp
>> is capable of?

>With that amount of firepower, I'd have to have a revolving credit
>account with the State and local cops. 'Sorry, again, sir, could you
>just put it on my tab?'
>
>Patrick

"Yes sir, no sir, where do I sign sir?"