A lap around "The Ring"

Old March 28th 05, 10:56 PM
Byron Forbes

"Randy Magruder" > wrote in message

> ROFL! Michael Moore, the self-hating American "hero"? Good one! It
> doesn't bother you a bit that most of the crap in Fahrenheit 9/11 were
> proven lies that no thinking person could take seriously. Oh wait, I
> forgot about that caveat: "thinking person". Take him as seriously as
> you like then.

So what parts of that were confirmed lies? When do the slander suits
begin - overshadowed by Michael Jackson case?

Old March 28th 05, 11:35 PM
JP

"John Wallace" > wrote in message
> Randy Magruder wrote:
>
> > I'm continually baffled that you can't grasp the simple concept of
> > innocence and guilt. What crime has Terri Schaivo commited that earns
> > her a death penalty? What crime is an unborn infant guilty of? I'm
> > not sure why the concept of not punishing the innocent is so baffling
> > to you...but that will remain one of the mysteries of life.

> So I presume you stood against Madelaine Albright's view that the
> killing of half a million children in Iraq was "a price worth paying"?
> Terri Schiavo, in comparison, is not even worthy of mention.
>
> Sometimes Stalin really did say it best

Cite for the Albright quote ?

Old March 28th 05, 11:36 PM
JP

"John Wallace" > wrote in message
> JP wrote:
>
> >>By the way, it's "allusion".

> > Gee, thanks Mom.
> >
> > But at the same time, to be expected.

> Yes, I'd imagined you would by now have become accustomed to people
> correcting you.

<laughter>

Whoosh, right over the top of his head.

Old March 28th 05, 11:38 PM
Byron Forbes

"MartyU" > wrote in message
> LOL, good to know where you stand, Randy. One of the few good things about
> these dark times under Bush is that people are increasingly willing to
> speak up and take politics seriously. One of the cultural defects in
> American society has been treating politics as a dirty word, and all
> politicians as bad guys.

LOL. Love democracy - a bunch of people who know nothing about
leadership voting for a bunch of people who know nothing about leadership -
even bitches get to vote which means there is no possibilty of anyone with
any balls and brains getting a say in anything - thus the current inevitable
crop of dildos at the helm of every political party.

rotfl

Old March 28th 05, 11:45 PM
Byron Forbes

"John Wallace" > wrote in message
> Randy Magruder wrote:
>> Don't worry, there are people even WORSE than Marty, like that French
>> author who claims that 9/11 didn't really happen, and even if it did,
>> it must've been those Israeli agents on adjacent buildings
>> choreographing the whole thing.

> You have to admit though, the French guy has a shred of a point. I'm far
> from saying he's right, but I've never seen a plane disappear into a hole
> smaller than itself, nor leave any trace of wreckage, bodies, seats,
> luggage, or any of the other debris we've all seen in every other plane
> crash.
>
> It *is* wierd

You never saw that engine on the street? Did man really land on the
moon?

I saw it (911) happen live - looked pretty real to me.

Old March 29th 05, 12:03 AM
Dave

In article .com>, "rmagruder" > wrote:
>Dave,
>
>Sorry, man...we'll get back to sims - I guess he just caught me not in
>the mood to tolerate the manifestos.
>
>After today I will no longer reply to John & Marty's manifestos, okay?
>
>Randy

Hey, I'm just surprised that you didn't tell me to take a flying
leap. But since we're talking deals, how about throwing in a GT4
review too :-)
Old March 29th 05, 12:05 AM
Dave

In article >, "Steve Smith" > wrote:
>I'm soooooooo sorry. This is all my fault. I was the one that injected
>politics into an otherwise polite discussion of the virtual world vs.
>reality. We oughtta have a rule like the one at my family's dinner table:
>no POLITICS and no RELIGION. Can we all agree on that?

Still leaves SEX, right?

Okay, everyone Kumbaya time ...
Old March 29th 05, 12:11 AM
Byron Forbes

"Randy Magruder" > wrote in message
> John Wallace wrote:
>
>> Mitch - this ain't the place for politics, but democracy says you
>> can't just remove people you don't like. Look on any newsreel footage
>> of Iraq, Saddam got a whole load more support than Bush or Blair get
>> at home.

> Um, yeah, that's because our ballots don't have two options:
>
> [ ] Saddam Hussein
> [ ] please rape my wife in front of me and torture me to death
>
> My guess is that option 1 is probably going to get a lot more votes

LOL - that's what i was gunna say.

No doubt, Hussein needed to be booted. But the manner in which it has
been done has been pathetic. Bush talks to much and buys into too many
idiotic viewpoints and agendas/reasoning. He and others needed to stick to
the key point - Hussein was an arsehole with a lot of power - the whole
chemical weapons thing was a joke. Bush1 and Bush 2 have basically flushed
****loads of taxpayer dollars down the toilet in the name of accomplishing a
basic task in a hopeless manner. With images of tortured prisoners with
homosexual overtones at the hands of U.S. troops who look like they'd be
right at home hanging out with Hussein's son, the whole thing is just a big
joke. Those soldiers needed to be lined up against a wall and shot.

Moral to the story - might has won the day with one bunch of dogs
replacing another.

Old March 29th 05, 11:12 AM
Stephen F.

"John Wallace" > wrote in message
> Steve Smith wrote:
>> In this country, John, hatchbacks are considered down around the ankles
>> as
>> far as style, class, and taste are concerned;

> <splutter>
>
> I openly weep for the evolution of our species. So you're telling me that
> as I sit at the lights in my Lancia Delta Integrale, your average
> knuckle-scraping, SUV-driving, Bush-voting moron is going to think *he*
> has the automotive class, and *I* have the "Elvis on velvet"?

Most would simply shake their head at your "furrin" car.

Then again, those in the know would probably still shake their head and
wonder why you would put up with such a tempermental car. I had considered
an Integrale Evo for a while, but couldn't come to grips with the various
electrical issues, or ultimately with the rather sad image the car has here
in Switzerland. The Escort Cossie, Sport Quattro and Integrale were all
awesome rally machines, no doubt, but just too wild for daily use (IMHO) and
although in a whole different league than the Manta/Camaro/Capri of old
days, still a modern "mullet-head" car (even if the modern equivalent driver
doesn't have a mullet). I'm not saying this is a justly deserverd
reputation, but it seems to be the case - for every driver who appreciates
the rally heritage and dynamic talents of the Integrale, there are 10
hooligans who just like to make the wastegate go Whoop-Whoop while eyeing
the ladies from their slammed-to-the-floor Sparco seat. I prefer more of a
Q-ship, or a classic roadster. For my tastes, the current generation of
Subaru STis and Mitsu Evos are also just a little too boy racer for me.

But I diverge. The sad thing is that Americans don't appreciate the
hatchback anymore...

Stephen

Old March 29th 05, 03:07 PM
Steve Smith

No one at MY family's dinner table ever THOUGHT to talk abt. sex...or
drugs...or rock & roll...or even tobacco or booze. Or maybe they never had
the BALLS (now that mysogeny is outta the closet in this discussion).

.. .

"Al Qaeda" does not exist Awake BMW 64 March 10th 05 11:25 AM
99 Cobra cracked ring cgun Ford Mustang 10 February 22nd 05 04:33 PM
Anyone heard the new NFL Ring tones? [email protected] Driving 4 January 11th 05 01:40 PM
cause of broken ring gear teeth RLGIRSCH 4x4 0 October 11th 04 09:05 PM