Yukon XL/Suburban vs. Excursion.

Old March 4th 04, 03:56 PM
Rob Munach

Donny wrote:

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:43:24 -0800, Matt Mead
> > wrote:
>

>>On 3 Mar 2004 05:56:11 -0600, Donny >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I didn't know the Excursion had leaf springs. I wrongly assumed that
>>>because it's a Ford, it has coils, like most of there fleet. Are you
>>>sure about the leafs?

>>Leaf springs on the 4x4s and coils on the 2x4s. (Fronts I mean.)
>>
>>When comparing the GM and Ford, ride and handling are going to be the
>>biggies. Basically the GM excels in both in comparison. (I'm also
>>going to assume the Excursion's steering has a numb feel like my F-250
>>Super Duty. You get used to it, but it hardly feels sporty!)
>>
>>Oh, I've got a 96 GM Safari as well as my Super Duty and I don't think
>>of one being any "cheaper" than the other. Different yes, but not in
>>a bad way.
>>
>>Matt
>>99 V-10 Super Duty, Super Cab 4x4
>>96 GMC Safari AWD Hi-Top Conversion

> And again, Matt, big thanks!
>
> Donny

I prefer Ford products over the GM. The GM interiors always seem very
plastically and illogically laid out. The switch geear is awful. In
addition, they seem to develop squeaks and rattles alot more than the
Fords. I recently rode in my friends'95 S10. I couldn't believe how
sqeaky and rattly it was and how poorly the seats had held up - and it
only had 70k miles. In addition, the laundry lists of repairs that he
had was huge.
Old March 5th 04, 02:00 AM
Don

Actually of the four wheel drives, the only Ford truck that comes with coils
is the brand new F150. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on
that one. I much prefer leaves or the torsion bars used on the 4x4 F150's
up until 2004.

Personal choice though I suppose.

"Donny" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:45:37 -0700, "fletcher" >
> wrote:
>
> >I am a Chevy guy and have been looking at the Suburbans. I have never
> >really dug into the Excursion idea. But one plus I can see with the
> >Excursion is that they have a solid front axle, that should be easier /
> >cheaper / better to put a lift on than the Chevy's. But on the other

hands

Old March 5th 04, 02:00 AM
Don