Over Inflation Tires Winter Storage

Old November 1st 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Default Over Inflation Tires Winter Storage

Iva, I checked with the polar bears at the zoo today. They said it was
just too cold today and they didn't want to come out to catch some fat
old guy just for the fun of it. They said the zoo food was better
anyhow! :-) The zoo people would not let me take the car inside the
bear area, the big water tank was too big and it could slip and fall in.

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old November 1st 06, 04:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

Pat,
That's ok to show the pic's. Note the lack of "snow" unlike the pic's
that Iva has on her site. :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Old November 1st 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Default Places to live in the U.S. (was Over Inflation Tires WinterStorage) NMC

Frank Berger wrote:

> Sounds to me like your view of Dallas is colored by a series of unfortunate
> events. Regardless, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't know where
> you live, but among cities its size or above Dallas is relatively
> uncongested. "Good spots?" Sounds like you're evaluating Dallas as a place
> to vacation. Aside from the Kennedy assasination museum, which is quite
> good, by the way, I'd agree there is not much reason to vacation in Dallas.
> As a place to live and raise a family, it's much better.

I wrote:
"It is also a congested, polluted nightmare of a place to live."

How does calling Dallas a nasty place to live equate to evaluating it as
a vacation spot?
My view of Dallas is colored by my actual views of Dallas, which I have
seen many more times than I want to.

Relatively uncongested does not mean much to me, the traffic there is
insane. It is also terrible here when I have to drive into Austin, one
more reason to move to a smaller city.

Once again, I'll stand by my statements, Dallas sucks ass in a really
big way. I could not give less of a crap about the Kennedy Museum. Been
there once and was not impressed.
I would not go back there if it was in Austin, much less take a road
trip to be bored to tears.

Thanks for respecting my right to my opinion, though.
You are entitled to your opinion as well, of course, and you even have
my sympathies, whether you want them or not, since you live in that
hellhole of a city. ;-)

Pat
Old November 1st 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Frank Berger wrote:

> You continue to get your facts wrong. The entire DFW "metroplex" has a
> population of around 6 million. You make it sound as if they are packed
> into downtown.
>
> I agree San Antonio is a nice city, without some of the problems of ALL
> larger cities, not just Dallas.

You know Frank, I am actually a bit brighter than that on my good days.
I understand what "metroplex" means, my vocabulary is actually quite
extensive.

The Austin Metroplex has over a million people. That doesn't mean that I
think that there are a million people living within the Austin city limits.
I do know that it is too many people living too closely together, enough
to make me want to not live there, and that Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington
is much larger and so therefore much worse for me.

When I was younger, Austin was cool and Dallas sucked. Now Austin sucks
and Dallas is, once again, the very definition of a hellhole.

Pat
Old November 1st 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Pat,
> That's ok to show the pic's. Note the lack of "snow" unlike the pic's
> that Iva has on her site. :-)
>
> Bruce Bing '03 LS

Well, at least I left your license plate out of it, and I didn't put up
the one with you in it, that is up to you, though it is one of the
better pictures.
Let me know if you want me to introduce "Bruce & Bing Together" to the
world. ;-)

Pat

Old November 1st 06, 06:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Frank Berger wrote:

> I try (and usually succeed) to find something to like about every place I
> visit.

That can't be too hard, look at your starting point.

Take a short drive down to Cleburne and find one thing about that place
to like. It makes Dallas look like paradise. The entire collective
intelligence of that town equals about 10 average people.

I know that I won't be offending anyone from Cleburne with this post
because reading is not exactly their strong point and I don't think that
they know what the internet is anyway.

Pat
Old November 1st 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Johnny Phenothiazine wrote:

> Why do you insist on going around naked 100% of the time?

It's not up to me, it was the local women who insisted on this.
They just won't leave me and Mr. McConaughey alone when we go partying
together. ;-)

Pat
Old November 1st 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Iva wrote:

> They can *really* run fast when being chased by 17 Miatas. Besides, in the
> warmer weather they get fat and lazy so the exercise is good for them.
>
> Maybe you should check for yourself. Don't forget to perform your testing
> *inside* their enclosure at the zoo. <EG>
>
> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

Since we are 110% off-topic now, these are still some of my favorite
polar bear pictures from when a group of them encountered a U.S.
submarine that surfaced through the ice.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/pa...ml?theme=light

Pat

Old November 1st 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Pardon me, I think I'm going to be sick. I'd almost rather visit
> Atlanta. Or St. Louis.

I still say:

1. St. Louis wins the top honor of most dangerous U.S. city of 2006, a
title it last held in 2002, and finally beating out a two-year run by
Camden, NJ.

2. Lanny lives in or near St. Louis.

Coincidence? You decide..... ;-)

Pat

Old November 1st 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

> We have a predicted high of 86 today for Halloween. It is supposed to
> drop all the way down to 63 later this week.....

63 high Monday, dropped to a 36 high for Halloween here in Minneapolis.

miker