Amazing Benefits in Using Hydrogen Fuel

Old March 12th 09, 10:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Amazing Benefits in Using Hydrogen Fuel

Hydrogen As Fuel For Cars...
http://automotiveguides.googlepages...._hydrogen_fuel
Old March 12th 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

wrote:
> Hydrogen As Fuel For Cars...

http://automotiveguides.googlepages...._hydrogen_fuel

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Yet another article claiming that hydrogen fuel cars
will be wonderful, assuming that hydrogen becomes freely available and
available for ~free and non-explosive. I can't wait for the first video
of a hydrogen fueling station doing a Hindenburg.
--
Cheers, Bob
Old March 12th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dogma

> wrote in message
> Hydrogen As Fuel For Cars...
> http://automotiveguides.googlepages...._hydrogen_fuel

All this has been known since 1870's.

You were just born late.

So what has made it safer to use as a fuel in vehicles ??????

Old March 12th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
columbotrek

wrote:
> Hydrogen As Fuel For Cars...

http://automotiveguides.googlepages...._hydrogen_fuel
Great, Hydrogen has an energy density 4 times that of Gasoline. But
there is catch. There is no naturally occurring H in nature. It is
found bound in molecules. The energy already released. But we can get
the H back. All we have to do it supply it with enough energy to break
the bonds. So where does this energy come from? Placing an Annode and a
Cathode in a electrolytic solution of H2O through which a current passes
is one way. Where does the EMF from from? Burning Hydrocarbons or
Splitting Atoms. Both of which the Greenie Meanies disapprove of. Maybe
you can buy and install a solar panel farm at your home. You have land
of course I assume. Then there is the problem of storage, You can't
liquify H at environmental temperatures. So it must be in High pressure
containers. Like welding gas tanks which are heavy and expensive.
Compressing that gas will require energy also. You will need to have
your fuel system Hydro-Tested every 5 years. So unless you have a NASA
like budget for Hydrogen fuel it will prove to be costly and a royal
pain in the butt.
Old March 13th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dogma

"columbotrek" > wrote in message
>> Hydrogen As Fuel For Cars...

http://automotiveguides.googlepages...._hydrogen_fuel
> Great, Hydrogen has an energy density 4 times that of Gasoline.

WRONG! Try again.