Weighty matters

Old March 3rd 09, 01:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Bob Willard

Default Weighty matters

R&T lists the curb weight of the 2010 Mustang GT as 3590 pounds.
According to the sticker on the door jamb, my '98 Mustang GT weighs
3227. So, what's the real difference? Has the GT packed on a few
pounds with advancing age, as I have?

I think the real difference between door jamb data and curb weight is
that curb weight includes a 150-pound driver and a full tank of gas.

So: 3550 - 150 - (16*6) = 3304 = what I'd expect to see on the
door jamb sticker of a 2010 GT. In other words, the Mustang GT has
gained 77 pounds in 12 years (a bit more than I have).

Do I have it right? Mustang trivia fans want to know.
--
Thanks & Cheers, Bob
Old March 3rd 09, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_9_]

Bob Willard wrote:
> R&T lists the curb weight of the 2010 Mustang GT as 3590 pounds.
> According to the sticker on the door jamb, my '98 Mustang GT weighs
> 3227. So, what's the real difference? Has the GT packed on a few
> pounds with advancing age, as I have?
>
> I think the real difference between door jamb data and curb weight is
> that curb weight includes a 150-pound driver and a full tank of gas.
>
> So: 3550 - 150 - (16*6) = 3304 = what I'd expect to see on the
> door jamb sticker of a 2010 GT. In other words, the Mustang GT has
> gained 77 pounds in 12 years (a bit more than I have).
>
> Do I have it right? Mustang trivia fans want to know.

That's about it Bob, give or take, depending on the options. You CAN get
one with a rear view camera LOL.
While most of that pork was gained from 05, at least 15lbs comes from
this year and some sound deadening materials. It'd be nice to have a
stripped option to select from.