Rhode Island gets re-catalogued

Old February 2nd 08, 06:12 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Carl ROGÉRS

Default Rhode Island gets re-catalogued

Hi Viatologists,

Effective immediately, Rhode Island State Routes are added to the *new*
Worldwide Highway Library:

http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
Photographs > Americas > United States > State Routes > Rhode Island

Our photographs span the northern tier, from the Connecticut border at US
Federal Route 44 to Providence. We proudly have the clearest and
highest-quality photos of any Rhode Island road website. Come check for
yourself! The state is rich in history, producing some greats as the
Farrelly brothers. You may know this duo as the masterminds behind
slapstick-humour films like There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber
and the recent adaptation of The Heartbreak Kid.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Carl Rogers
"Adding human experience to transportology"
********
Calrog.com, Worldwide Highway Library:
http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An integrated media arm in International Transportation Research. Has
served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide neighbours
since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
********

Old February 3rd 08, 01:22 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
EAST COAST HIVE MIND[_3_]

Carl Rogers wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> Effective immediately, Rhode Island State Routes are added to the *new*
> Worldwide Highway Library:
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
> Photographs > Americas > United States > State Routes > Rhode Island
> The state is rich in history, producing some greats as the
> Farrelly brothers. You may know this duo as the masterminds behind
> slapstick-humour films like There's Something About Mary, Dumb and
> Dumber and the recent adaptation of The Heartbreak Kid.

Yeah, never mind those old fuddy-duddys like Roger Williams or Anne
Hutchinson who fought for religious freedom, one of the founding
principles of this country, or the fact that Rhode Island was the first
state to declare independence from England, or that it was one of the
leading states in the Industrial Revolution. That's not history at all,
then, is it?

http://mryamamoto.topcities.com/ri42k6/ri942k6.htm also has more photos
than CalQaeda gives you; and they actually show a coherent road trip, as
opposed to random shots of state highway signs.

--
Comrade Otto The Duke Of Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com
Old February 3rd 08, 03:02 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_2_]

EAST COAST HIVE MIND:

> Yeah, never mind those old fuddy-duddys like Roger Williams or Anne
> Hutchinson who fought for religious freedom, one of the founding
> principles of this country, or the fact that Rhode Island was the first
> state to declare independence from England, or that it was one of the
> leading states in the Industrial Revolution. That's not history at all,
> then, is it?

Well, then again, that does seem to be the WHL paradigm: present crap
to the masses in the hopes that they lap it up like Jenna Jameson laps
up.... (you get the idea, I hope). The only difference is that TSAM
and D&D were somewhat financially successful, which the WHL apparently
isn't.

> http://mryamamoto.topcities.com/ri42k6/ri942k6.htmalso has more photos
> than CalQaeda gives you; and they actually show a coherent road trip, as
> opposed to random shots of state highway signs.

Your Dashboard Cinema presentations have more quality in 1 second of
footage than the entire WHL has in the whole site.

--
C orny
A lmanac of
Old February 3rd 08, 11:55 AM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Gary V

On Feb 2, 1:12*pm, "Carl Rogers" > blathers:

> Our photographs span the northern tier, from the Connecticut border at US

What the heck is the northern tier of RI? One county doesn't make a
"tier".
Old February 3rd 08, 05:42 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Rich Piehl[_2_]

Scott in SoCal wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:02:22 -0800 (PST), necromancer
> > wrote:
>
>> EAST COAST HIVE MIND:
>>
>>> Yeah, never mind those old fuddy-duddys like Roger Williams or Anne
>>> Hutchinson who fought for religious freedom, one of the founding
>>> principles of this country, or the fact that Rhode Island was the first
>>> state to declare independence from England, or that it was one of the
>>> leading states in the Industrial Revolution. That's not history at all,
>>> then, is it?

>> Well, then again, that does seem to be the WHL paradigm: present crap
>> to the masses in the hopes that they lap it up like Jenna Jameson laps
>> up.... (you get the idea, I hope).

> There is another explanation: It's a fact that Carl is part of a
> generation of public school children who were subjected to all sorts
> of ridiculous bull****, such as "social promotion" and "no child left
> behind" - all while educational budgets were dwindling like deflated
> balloons and quality teachers, unable to make ends meet on a teacher's
> salary, bailed out of the public school system en masse.
>
> Think about it: if you spent the first 18 years of your life turning
> in half-assed work and getting "A+! Nice work!!" written on it by the
> teacher, how would you ever know that everything you ever did was
> mired in mediocrity? It's entirely possible that Carl truly believes
> that he is doing top-notch work! After all, back in high school, Carl
> did a web site that wasn't even a tenth as good as calrog.com, and he
> got an "A" on that project. In his deluded mind, calrog.com must be
> worth a "Super-A" grade, and all those "competitors" who say it sucks
> are just jealous.
>
> I'm sure the educators who decided it was a good idea to blow sunshine
> up the asses of an entire generation of America's schoolchildren had
> good intentions, and maybe it was helpful to some of the kids, but in
> cases like Carl and Erika the strategy has backfired horribly. Their
> education has left them with no ability to judge good work from bad,
> because nobody has ever told them what "bad" is... Until now.
>
> Does anyone want to try and poke holes in my theory?

I won't poke holes, but I'll add an offshoot possibility to it.

Perhaps his parents were of the mind that you should never tell their
children that they need to put for every ounce of effort. That saying
anything negative to their child will scar the child for life. And so
no matter what kind of school grades Carl brought home, no matter what
effort he put in to any athletics or hobby endeavor his parents gave him
kudos...even though it was all a bunch crap that Carl didn't spend more
than 5 seconds on. His parents knew it, and they knew he could/should
do better but they didn't want to injure his delicate psyche'. And it
would certainly carry over to his academic efforts.

So he never learned what crap is and he continues to produce it.

Take care,
Rich

God bless the USA

--
That's one of the problems in this country
The nuts don't know they're nuts.

--Jeff Foxworthy
Old February 4th 08, 02:56 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Carl Rogers" > wrote in message
t...
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> Effective immediately, Rhode Island State Routes are added to the *new*
> Worldwide Highway Library:
>
> http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
> Photographs > Americas > United States > State Routes > Rhode Island
>
> Our photographs span the northern tier, from the Connecticut border at US
> Federal Route 44 to Providence. We proudly have the clearest and
> highest-quality photos of any Rhode Island road website. Come check for
> yourself! The state is rich in history, producing some greats as the
> Farrelly brothers. You may know this duo as the masterminds behind
> slapstick-humour films like There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber
> and the recent adaptation of The Heartbreak Kid.

C@lr0g's ability to name-drop, coupled with his ****ty web site, makes him
the human Stuckey's sign.

Old February 4th 08, 02:58 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Scott in SoCal" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 19:02:22 -0800 (PST), necromancer
> > wrote:
>
>>EAST COAST HIVE MIND:
>>
>>> Yeah, never mind those old fuddy-duddys like Roger Williams or Anne
>>> Hutchinson who fought for religious freedom, one of the founding
>>> principles of this country, or the fact that Rhode Island was the first
>>> state to declare independence from England, or that it was one of the
>>> leading states in the Industrial Revolution. That's not history at all,
>>> then, is it?

>>Well, then again, that does seem to be the WHL paradigm: present crap
>>to the masses in the hopes that they lap it up like Jenna Jameson laps
>>up.... (you get the idea, I hope).

> There is another explanation: It's a fact that Carl is part of a
> generation of public school children who were subjected to all sorts
> of ridiculous bull****, such as "social promotion" and "no child left
> behind" - all while educational budgets were dwindling like deflated
> balloons and quality teachers, unable to make ends meet on a teacher's
> salary, bailed out of the public school system en masse.
>
> Think about it: if you spent the first 18 years of your life turning
> in half-assed work and getting "A+! Nice work!!" written on it by the
> teacher, how would you ever know that everything you ever did was
> mired in mediocrity? It's entirely possible that Carl truly believes
> that he is doing top-notch work! After all, back in high school, Carl
> did a web site that wasn't even a tenth as good as calrog.com, and he
> got an "A" on that project. In his deluded mind, calrog.com must be
> worth a "Super-A" grade, and all those "competitors" who say it sucks
> are just jealous.
>
> I'm sure the educators who decided it was a good idea to blow sunshine
> up the asses of an entire generation of America's schoolchildren had
> good intentions, and maybe it was helpful to some of the kids, but in
> cases like Carl and Erika the strategy has backfired horribly. Their
> education has left them with no ability to judge good work from bad,
> because nobody has ever told them what "bad" is... Until now.
>
> Does anyone want to try and poke holes in my theory?

Your theory is ridiculous enough to be true.

Old February 4th 08, 02:58 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

Rhode Island does not have counties, something C@lr0g missed.

Old February 5th 08, 03:08 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Ron's Inspector's Inspector

"Douglas Kerr - ECHM" > wrote in
message ...

> "Ron's Inspector's Inspector" <get.lost@invalid> wrote in message
>> "Gary V" > wrote in message
>> On Feb 2, 1:12 pm, "Carl Rogers" > blathers:

>>>What the heck is the northern tier of RI? One county doesn't make a
>>>"tier".

>> Rhode Island does not have counties, something C@lr0g missed.

> Counties in most New England states, particularly in southern New England,
> are more or less just rubber stamps. The power that the counties held
> have since been transferred over to towns or cities.

That's true, but Rhode Island literally has none, not even in name only.

Old February 5th 08, 06:03 PM posted to misc.transport.road, rec.autos.driving
Gary V

On Feb 5, 10:08*am, "Ron's Inspector's Inspector" <get.lost@invalid>
wrote:
> "Douglas Kerr - ECHM" > wrote in
> m...
>

> > "Ron's Inspector's Inspector" <get.lost@invalid> wrote in message
> >> "Gary V" > wrote in message
> >> On Feb 2, 1:12 pm, "Carl Rogers" > blathers:

> >> Rhode Island does not have counties, something C@lr0g missed.

> > Counties in most New England states, particularly in southern New England,
> > are more or less just rubber stamps. *The power that the counties held
> > have since been transferred over to towns or cities.

> That's true, but Rhode Island literally has none, not even in name only

Fairness dictates that I can't let KrlRgrs take the blame for this.
(Lord knows, there's enough else that he is guilty of.) It was I that
first said "county". If RI has no counties, what are the political
subdivisions shown on mapquest called Providence, Kent, Washington,
Bristol and Newport?

WHL-360 captures are now catalogued! Carl ROGÉRS Driving 8 January 23rd 08 05:20 AM
Graves Island #fFINIS - Graves Island 2007 car show=KRM.jpg (1/1) 250670 bytes [email protected] Auto Photos 4 July 9th 07 01:45 PM
Angry on Long Island!!! IYM Saturn 6 July 1st 06 02:02 AM
Offroading in Rhode Island Rich Jeep 14 December 3rd 05 04:16 AM
OT Gilligan's Island Bill Berckman VW air cooled 3 September 7th 05 03:28 AM