Cliquot Club beverages

Old April 12th 08, 09:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Cliquot Club beverages

I confess to an undying love Cliquot. Absolutely great. And one person on
earth never tasted it.
--
Pat Durkin

Old April 12th 08, 09:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Pardon my ignorance but I don't know Cliquot Club. I do know Veuve Cliquot
champagne though. Is that what you're referring to?

max

Old April 12th 08, 09:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"MagisterMax" > wrote in message
> Pardon my ignorance but I don't know Cliquot Club. I do know Veuve
> Cliquot champagne though. Is that what you're referring to?

That would be good too, but no --- Clicquot Club Ginger Ale began being
bottled and sold in 1881. Only clique members were allowed to buy it and
sample it.

Wonderful stuff. Scum don't deserve to taste the likes of it and of course
they do not. All of them meet eternity wondering what it would have been
like. (Great! They would have loved it!)

Do you know any scum Max? Behold them with pity. They are loathsome. Foul
of breath. Foul of mind. Foul of soul and visage. And stupid too.
--
Pat Durkin

Old April 12th 08, 10:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:20:38 +0000, MagisterMax wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance but I don't know Cliquot Club. I do know Veuve Cliquot
> champagne though. Is that what you're referring to?
>
> max

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clicquot_Club_Company

Shut down in 1965. Deeee-licious stuff!

Maybe it never made it to Canada, although it was bought out by Canada
Dry.

And Canada Dry Ginger Ale can't compare at all with the Real Stuff,
Vernor's (if it still exists).

Slainte!

Old April 12th 08, 10:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 01:06:00 -0700, Paddy's Pig wrote:

> I confess to an undying love Cliquot. Absolutely great. And one person on
> earth never tasted it.

Do I detect a bit of punnage here?

;^)

SW

Old April 12th 08, 07:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

On 12-Apr-2008, Square Wheels
> wrote:

> And Canada Dry Ginger Ale can't compare at all with the Real Stuff,
> Vernor's (if it still exists).

Yup. Always liked Vernor's.

http://www.wowway.com/~vernors/links.htm

--
Z~
Old April 12th 08, 07:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Frank ess

Zinc wrote:
> On 12-Apr-2008, Square Wheels
> > wrote:
>
>> And Canada Dry Ginger Ale can't compare at all with the Real Stuff,
>> Vernor's (if it still exists).

> Yup. Always liked Vernor's.
>
> http://www.wowway.com/~vernors/links.htm

My brother and his inner circlet of the intelligentsia had a Vernor's
clique going in the early 60s. I couldn't detect the nuances they
rolled their eyes about, much to their eye-roling derision. Of course
by then I'd been smoking cigarettes for more than ten years, and
couldn't do much refined tasting anyway. Was always good at degrees of
"hot", chili-wise, though.

I remember Cliquot Club as purveyors of a preferred mix for some kind
of cocktail my dad used to make. Disremember the rest about it.

--
Frank ess

Old April 12th 08, 09:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

On 12-Apr-2008, "Frank ess" > wrote:

> My brother and his inner circlet of the intelligentsia had a Vernor's
> clique going in the early 60s. I couldn't detect the nuances they
> rolled their eyes about, much to their eye-roling derision. Of course
> by then I'd been smoking cigarettes for more than ten years, and
> couldn't do much refined tasting anyway. Was always good at degrees of
> "hot", chili-wise, though.

Smoking won't always dull one's taste buds. I was always able to discern the
difference between Coca-Cola, New Coke, and Pepsi while blindfolded, though
none of my non-smoking friends ever could.

--
Z~
Old April 12th 08, 09:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:51:15 -0700, Frank ess wrote:

> Zinc wrote:
>> On 12-Apr-2008, Square Wheels
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> And Canada Dry Ginger Ale can't compare at all with the Real Stuff,
>>> Vernor's (if it still exists).

>> Yup. Always liked Vernor's.
>>
>> http://www.wowway.com/~vernors/links.htm

> My brother and his inner circlet of the intelligentsia had a Vernor's
> clique going in the early 60s. I couldn't detect the nuances they
> rolled their eyes about, much to their eye-roling derision. Of course
> by then I'd been smoking cigarettes for more than ten years, and
> couldn't do much refined tasting anyway. Was always good at degrees of
> "hot", chili-wise, though.

Then you'd notice mine. I make a chili that removes paint. And
chrome-plating. Problem is, so far no-one can eat it but me, so I have to
do a milder version for others, which is still 5-alarm+.

> I remember Cliquot Club as purveyors of a preferred mix for some kind of
> cocktail my dad used to make. Disremember the rest about it.

Same here......

Old April 12th 08, 10:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Square Wheels[_8_]

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 20:33:42 +0000, Zinc wrote:

> On 12-Apr-2008, "Frank ess" > wrote:
>
>> My brother and his inner circlet of the intelligentsia had a Vernor's
>> clique going in the early 60s. I couldn't detect the nuances they
>> rolled their eyes about, much to their eye-roling derision. Of course
>> by then I'd been smoking cigarettes for more than ten years, and
>> couldn't do much refined tasting anyway. Was always good at degrees of
>> "hot", chili-wise, though.

> Smoking won't always dull one's taste buds. I was always able to discern the
> difference between Coca-Cola, New Coke, and Pepsi while blindfolded, though
> none of my non-smoking friends ever could.

Me too, though I'm a fading Pepsi addict (they changed it, too....)

How about Royal Crown Cola? (my fave, but can't get it here.)

NEW CLUB! Velocity Corvette Club - Houston, TX [email protected] Corvette 1 August 20th 06 09:26 PM
Club SI down? John DiFool[_1_] Honda 6 July 11th 06 02:25 PM
Del Sol Fan Club??? Gary Rimar Honda 0 February 22nd 06 05:30 AM
New BMW Club [email protected] BMW 0 January 14th 06 05:22 PM
New Vw club Gaz Pike VW air cooled 0 November 19th 05 11:13 PM