1950 Hudson Commodore 8 2-door coupe - mod - copper metallic - RH side

Old April 5th 08, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default 1950 Hudson Commodore 8 2-door coupe - mod - copper metallic - RH side

I've shot this car before & so has Z~ but I like it & it was a slow day at
DD so there! (
--
Pat Durkin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1950 Hudson Commodore 8 2-door coupe - mod - copper metallic - RH side.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	130138
Old April 5th 08, 05:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos

"Paddy's Pig" > wrote in message
> I've shot this car before & so has Z~ but I like it & it was a slow day at
> DD so there! (

Mercury's official designation for their 1950 2-door was "coupe" although
configured nearly the same. I'm not sure what Hudson called this but I
might be inclined to call it a 2-door sedan myself. Only a few people will
care anyway --- and they are the ones who already know the answer and don't
need anything from me except the picture.
--
Pat Durkin

Old April 5th 08, 06:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

It's a beautiful car in beautiful colours, Pat, so just keep on shooting. I
for one will be delighted with the pictures.

Max

Old April 5th 08, 07:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
MagisterMax

Hi Pat, In 1950 Hudson seems to have simplified the body style designations
and the Commodore series had a 4d sedan, a club coupe, and a Brougham
convertible. By contrast, the Pacemaker series offered a 4d sedan, a 2d
Brougham, a 2d Club Coupe, a 2d Coupe, and a 2d Brougham Convertible.
Confusing? You bet. So it looks like your Commodore is officially a Club
Coupe. :-))

Max

Old April 5th 08, 09:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Mike G.

Well, I know this isn't stock colors, but damn that's pretty!

Mike

--
Do not value the things you have in your life,
but value who you have in your life!

Old April 5th 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
Zinc[_2_]

Thanks, Max. I'll update my filenames for this car.

And I agree, Pat can shoot as much of it as he wants. It's a great looking
car. That color combo is radiant.

--
Z~

Old April 6th 08, 01:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
[email protected] Bassboat@myplace.com is offline
Banned

Very nice Pat, John

Old April 7th 08, 04:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.autos
guest[_2_]

"MagisterMax" > wrote
> Hi Pat, In 1950 Hudson seems to have simplified the body style
> designations and the Commodore series had a 4d sedan, a club coupe,
> and a Brougham convertible. By contrast, the Pacemaker series offered
> a 4d sedan, a 2d Brougham, a 2d Club Coupe, a 2d Coupe, and a 2d
> Brougham Convertible. Confusing? You bet. So it looks like your
> Commodore is officially a Club Coupe. :-))

And to think that Club Coupe began to be used because people wanted a back
seat in the Business Coupe. The Club Coupe was first simply a Business
Coupe with a back seat.

Ron