Gas prices: ouch.

Old March 25th 08, 12:35 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
MLOM

Default Gas prices: ouch.

Some light-hearted looks at the gas price situation.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...-gasprices.htm

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...sfinancing.htm

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...spriceslol.htm

http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...yourincome.htm

--

"President Bush announced his new fitness plan to get people walking
again. It's called, 'Gasoline at $3 a gallon.' ... Given how expensive

"Gas is so expensive now, today I saw Jose Canseco and Barry Bonds
carrying their cars."
--Jay Leno
Old March 25th 08, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
necromancer[_4_]

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:35:13 -0700 (PDT), MLOM >
wrote:

>Some light-hearted looks at the gas price situation.
>
>http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...-gasprices.htm

That's an old one. Been around for a few years. now...

>http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...sfinancing.htm

Give it time.... Give it time....

>http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...spriceslol.htm

I can agree with this sentiment.

>http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...yourincome.htm

Gas at 2.02 a gallon on March 1? Where was this?

--
"That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. ..."
--George W. Bush on the prospect of US$4.00 gas
Old March 25th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Jason Pawloski

On Mar 24, 5:35*pm, MLOM > wrote:
> Some light-hearted looks at the gas price situation.
>
> http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...-gasprices.htm
>
> http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...sfinancing.htm
>
> http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...spriceslol.htm
>
> http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...yourincome.htm
>
> --
>
> "President Bush announced his new fitness plan to get people walking
> again. It's called, 'Gasoline at $3 a gallon.' ... Given how expensive
> gas is, today, I saw a van with 50 legal Americans inside it."
> --Jay Leno
>
> "Gas is so expensive now, today I saw Jose Canseco and Barry Bonds
> carrying their cars."
> --Jay Leno

The $4,000 at the pump thing made me wonder when they are going to
finally drop the 9/10 of a cent, if ever. I mean, at one point in
time, 9/10 of a cent was non-trivial compared to the price of the
total gallon. Now, the 9/10 is, what? Less than 1/3 of 1%?
Old March 25th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
MLOM

On Mar 24, 8:25*pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:35:13 -0700 (PDT), MLOM >
> wrote:
>
> >Some light-hearted looks at the gas price situation.

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...-gasprices.htm

> That's an old one. Been around for a few years. now...

At least a couple: first saw it in an e-mail from a former co-worker
while still working in Kirksville.

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...sfinancing.htm

> Give it time.... Give it time....
>
> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...spriceslol.htm

> I can agree with this sentiment.
>
> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...yourincome.htm

> Gas at 2.02 a gallon on March 1? Where was this?
>
> --

Probably 2 years old.

Old March 25th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
MLOM

On Mar 24, 8:55*pm, Jason Pawloski > wrote:
> On Mar 24, 5:35*pm, MLOM > wrote:
>

> > Some light-hearted looks at the gas price situation.

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...-gasprices.htm

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...sfinancing.htm

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...spriceslol.htm

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...yourincome.htm

> > --

> > "President Bush announced his new fitness plan to get people walking
> > again. It's called, 'Gasoline at $3 a gallon.' ... Given how expensive
> > gas is, today, I saw a van with 50 legal Americans inside it."
> > --Jay Leno

> > "Gas is so expensive now, today I saw Jose Canseco and Barry Bonds
> > carrying their cars."
> > --Jay Leno

> The $4,000 at the pump thing made me wonder when they are going to
> finally drop the 9/10 of a cent, if ever. I mean, at one point in
> time, 9/10 of a cent was non-trivial compared to the price of the
> total gallon. Now, the 9/10 is, what? Less than 1/3 of 1%?- Hide quoted text -

I've been laughing at the continued use of the 9/10 cent for over 25
years, since gas first cracked the $1 mark.
Old March 25th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
US 71

"MLOM" > wrote in message
On Mar 24, 8:55 pm, Jason Pawloski > wrote:
> On Mar 24, 5:35 pm, MLOM > wrote:
>

> > Some light-hearted looks at the gas price situation.

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...-gasprices.htm

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...sfinancing.htm

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...spriceslol.htm

> >http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...yourincome.htm

> > --

> > "President Bush announced his new fitness plan to get people walking
> > again. It's called, 'Gasoline at $3 a gallon.' ... Given how expensive
> > gas is, today, I saw a van with 50 legal Americans inside it."
> > --Jay Leno

> > "Gas is so expensive now, today I saw Jose Canseco and Barry Bonds
> > carrying their cars."
> > --Jay Leno

> The $4,000 at the pump thing made me wonder when they are going to
> finally drop the 9/10 of a cent, if ever. I mean, at one point in
> time, 9/10 of a cent was non-trivial compared to the price of the
> total gallon. Now, the 9/10 is, what? Less than 1/3 of 1%?- Hide quoted
> text -

I've been laughing at the continued use of the 9/10 cent for over 25
years, since gas first cracked the $1 mark.

It's a gimmick. 2.999 you see $2..99 not $3.00

Old March 25th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Yakra

On Mar 24, 9:18 pm, MLOM > wrote:
> On Mar 24, 8:55 pm, Jason Pawloski > wrote:

> > The $4,000 at the pump thing made me wonder when they are going to
> > finally drop the 9/10 of a cent, if ever. I mean, at one point in
> > time, 9/10 of a cent was non-trivial compared to the price of the
> > total gallon. Now, the 9/10 is, what? Less than 1/3 of 1%?

> I've been laughing at the continued use of the 9/10 cent for over 25
> years, since gas first cracked the $1 mark.

I could swear that at one point, maybe when I drove cross-country in
`06, I bought a tank of diesel at an integral number of cents per
gallon. TMK it only happened the one time.
Old March 25th 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Yakra

On Mar 25, 10:31 am, Yakra > wrote:
> I could swear that at one point, maybe when I drove cross-country in
> `06, I bought a tank of diesel at an integral number of cents per
> gallon. TMK it only happened the one time.

Oh wow, I was way off. Brewster NY on 2007-09-22.
Old March 25th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
Gary V

> I've been laughing at the continued use of the 9/10 cent for over 25
> years, since gas first cracked the $1 mark.
>
> It's a gimmick. 2.999 you see $2..99 not $3.00- Hide quoted text -

Back in the Nixon price control era, we got weird prices like x.xx.3
or x.xx.7
Old March 25th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road
MLOM

On Mar 25, 5:01*pm, Gary V > wrote:
> > I've been laughing at the continued use of the 9/10 cent for over 25
> > years, since gas first cracked the $1 mark.

> > It's a gimmick. 2.999 you see $2..99 not $3.00- Hide quoted text -

> Back in the Nixon price control era, we got weird prices like x.xx.3
> or x.xx.7

I saw a few with the 8/10 cent ILO the 9/10 about that time.

OUCH!!!!! vintage Auto Photos 11 August 19th 07 02:03 AM
Ouch!!! OdieBob Ford Mustang 0 October 1st 05 04:05 AM
OUCH!!!!!! Robb S via CarKB.com Jeep 1 June 9th 05 01:16 PM
Why Are Canadian Gas Prices Down While U.S. Prices Are Up--Way Up? Ken Pisichko General 0 June 17th 04 02:35 AM