Scaling Interstate 80 near Gold Run, Calif.

Old March 17th 08, 05:28 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
necromancer[_4_]

Default Scaling Interstate 80 near Gold Run, Calif.

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:02:30 -0700 (PDT), Carl Rogers
> wrote:

>http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/tmp/1603/
>
>From California to México to the UK and Monaco, the WHL has cemented
>itself at the forefront of international roadside coverage. Where the
>competition covers regions, we cover countries! Our goal is for you
>to travel and travel well.

And I'm sure that similar hillsides can be found the world over; not
just in CA. Maybe I'll dig through my BRP photos and see if I can find
a few....

--
"<motorcycle crashes through bar>
Fenderbaum: What in the hell was that?
Old March 17th 08, 07:20 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Gary V

On Mar 16, 4:02*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> The elevation rise between Sacramento and Donner Summit can be
> described as a steady, yet dramatic climb. *Starting from sea level
> and rising to 2,160 metres in just a two hour drive, a brisk panorama
> of the Sierra Nevadas and nearby pine trees gets offered. *Before one
> reaches snow-level and steep slopes, best seen from Emigrant Gap (in
> my humble opinion), there's a "dryland" section called Gold Run that
> gives eastbound travelers a three-lane passage.

If the view from Emigrant Gap is so good, why didn't you give us a
shot of that?
Old March 17th 08, 08:39 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Luxury Yacht

"Gary V" > wrote in message
On Mar 16, 4:02 pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> The elevation rise between Sacramento and Donner Summit can be
> described as a steady, yet dramatic climb. Starting from sea level
> and rising to 2,160 metres in just a two hour drive, a brisk panorama
> of the Sierra Nevadas and nearby pine trees gets offered. Before one
> reaches snow-level and steep slopes, best seen from Emigrant Gap (in
> my humble opinion), there's a "dryland" section called Gold Run that
> gives eastbound travelers a three-lane passage.

>If the view from Emigrant Gap is so good, why didn't you give us a
>shot of that?

Because that would be logical. Can't have any of that with Carl, you
know....
--
Don't forget to have your troll spayed or neutered

Old March 17th 08, 10:00 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving,ca.driving,ba.transportation
Studemania

On Mar 16, 12:02*pm, Carl Rogers > wrote:
> Hi Viatologists,
>
> The elevation rise between Sacramento and Donner Summit can be
> described as a steady, yet dramatic climb. *Starting from sea level
> and rising to 2,160 metres in just a two hour drive, a brisk panorama
> of the Sierra Nevadas and nearby pine trees gets offered. *Before one
> reaches snow-level and steep slopes, best seen from Emigrant Gap (in
> my humble opinion), there's a "dryland" section called Gold Run that
> gives eastbound travelers a three-lane passage.
>
> The Worldwide Highway Library (WHL) proudly brings you a peek of
> Interstate 80 near Gold Run:http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com/tmp/1603/
>
> From California to México to the UK and Monaco, the WHL has cemented
> itself at the forefront of international roadside coverage. *Where the
> competition covers regions, we cover countries! *Our goal is for you
> to travel and travel well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Carl Rogers
> "Adding human experience to transportology"
> ********
> Calrog.com, Worldwide Highway Library:http://worldwide-hwys.calrog.com
> An integrated media arm in International Transportation Research. Has
> served your home country and ninety-nine of its worldwide neighbours
> since 2000, through Internet downstream and published works.
> ********

Let me know when the do "The Old Priest Grade!" (Downhill edition,
obviously!)