Fixing spare wheel

Old January 30th 05, 01:28 PM
Yvan

Default Fixing spare wheel

I have '89 Audi 100 2.3E Avant (caravan) with LPG conversion. LPG tank
is now where spare wheel used to be, and I now put spare wheel in
another position, beneath the cover on the left (driver) side in the
trunk.

My problem is that now I can not secure spare wheel, and it makes noises
on a bumpy road. There is a drawing in a Haynes manual, very small, not
usable, but it seems that there is something holding it in place.

Can anyone take a photo, and post URL, and perhaps give me a part No so
that I can make or look for that part?

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Old January 31st 05, 03:21 PM
Steve Sears

Yvan,
How are you at reading Russian? See: http://www.elcats.ru/audi/ and look up
the part number.
I make extensive use of bungee cords that I can buy for cheap at the local
hardware store when I need to keep things from rattling around in the
trunk - like my socket set, my tool kit, stuff I need for work, etc. Right
now things are kept stationary by 3 sets of work boots, winter coveralls,
extra winter clothing, tool bag, snow brush, etc. etc. etc. - it's all
pressure-fit in.
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Old January 31st 05, 06:52 PM
Yvan

Nedavno Steve Sears pise:

| Yvan,
| How are you at reading Russian? See: http://www.elcats.ru/audi/ and
| look up the part number.

Only thing I cold find is some "wheel housingliner". It does not look
like that on a drawing in a Haynes manual.

| I make extensive use of bungee cords that I can buy for cheap at the
| local hardware store when I need to keep things from rattling around
| in the trunk - like my socket set, my tool kit, stuff I need for work,
| etc. Right now things are kept stationary by 3 sets of work boots,
| winter coveralls, extra winter clothing, tool bag, snow brush, etc.
| etc. etc. - it's all pressure-fit in.

I fixed spare wheel with a spunge placed between spare wheel and cower,
but it looked like small part on a drawing, and I wanted to look as
original part :-)

Thanks for your help.