Oil cap

Old December 14th 04, 07:05 PM
Yvan

Nedavno KWS pise:

| Also, if coolant is getting into your oil, you
| should see evidence of it on the dipstick. What's happening there?

Nothing. Coolant level is OK, oil level did not rise up. Could be LPG
related. Another thing. Around oil cap was an oily patch, so I bended
flaps on oil cap to make it tighter fit to valve cover. Since oily patch
is gone, maybe moist can not go out either, and that could cause
creation of "mayonnaise"?

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Old December 15th 04, 05:32 AM
KWS

I would say that if the oil in the crankcase isn't showing contamination and
the coolant isn't leaking out that things may not be so bad. I am not a
chemist, so the effects of LPG exhaust maybe leaking around valve stems
causing mayonnaise isn't something I understand.

If you clean the stuff off, how soon does it build up again? Did you change
the brand of oil to Castrol and then this happened? If so: try switching
back. Maybe there is something in the formulation of Castrol that doesn't
agree with your engine.

Maybe it's nothing to worry about, but it is good to be concerned. Good luck
Yvan!

Ken

Old January 29th 05, 04:32 PM
TAR

If this is occurring in cold weather it can be due the PCV system building
up water. This can ultimately cause oil to be pushed out through the
weakest seal, ie Cam Shaft or Valve Gasket. This has happened to me twice
in two weeks and what really needed to be done was to clean out the PCV
system. It was recommended to call the following number and submit a
complaint this is what might start a recall on this obvious design error.
800-822-2834. Good luck and don’t forget to complain about it.

Old January 30th 05, 01:03 PM
Yvan

wearyNedavno TAR pise:

| If this is occurring in cold weather it can be due the PCV system
| building up water.

Water from where?

| This can ultimately cause oil to be pushed out
| through the weakest seal, ie Cam Shaft or Valve Gasket. This has
| happened to me twice in two weeks and what really needed to be done
| was to clean out the PCV system.

How do you do that? Is crankcase breather hose part of PCV system? I
recently changed that hose, but that hose has different diameter on one
end than diameter on other end and I could not find hose like that. So I
made a metal reducer that reduces diameter conically, and two constant
diameter hoses on each end. Maybe it's clogged?

It's snowing here, and very cold, I will check that when snow melts.

And your problem happened twice in two weeks, and I still drive with no
problems (that I can notice :-)

| It was recommended to call the
| following number and submit a complaint this is what might start a
| recall on this obvious design error.

My car is some 16 years old, I do not think that there might be any
recall.

--
___ ____