Saleen bad news

Old March 14th 09, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Đavīd[_2_]

Default Saleen bad news

Saleen's new owner, MJ Acquisitions, will not be honoring any outstanding
warranties on Saleen Inc. products, services, or vehicles.

That's right, MJ Acquisitions recently sent a letter to all certified Saleen
and Racecraft dealers stating that customers will have to pay for any repair
costs because Saleen Inc. has ceased operations. It clearly states that, "MJ
Acquisitions, Inc. is not responsible or obligated to cover warranties
and/or any financial liabilities of Saleen, Inc." The bad news applies to
all Saleen products sold prior to February 2, 2009.

That's bad news for the customers, but there is also bad news for the
retailers. Saleen Inc. will also no longer be able to cover parts or labor
on any vehicle with a Saleen warranty - including unsold vehicles currently
sitting on showroom floors. This will certainly make those vehicles a lot
harder to move.

MJ Acquisitions says in the letter that it feels sorry for the outcome and
wants to reassure customers and retailers that the Saleen brand will
continue.

Now, we can't see the future, but it's not a stretch to predict that Saleen
might just fade away after this news. The Mustang community is a tight-knit
one and trying to sell Saleen cars and car parts to that same customer base
after this news could be damn-near impossible.

Davīd
Greenville, NC

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...new-owner.html
Old March 15th 09, 02:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael price

i`m making this post with my dads saleen in mind. he bought a 2002 s-281
saleen convert with the sportster package. he truly loves his car but
admits now it was overrated! price wise. he had a few problem with it
and saleen did fix the problems. and i must say all problem where with
saleen parts that were added to the car, when they got it from ford. and
no problems with the ford factory parts. we found several short cuts
and craftmanship saleen used on there body kits. very sad for the money
they cost. he also said he would have bought a shelby instead if he knew
back then they where going to make a gt500. MP

Old March 15th 09, 09:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

So, why did he sell? Did the company go under? Looks very bad on Steve.

.. .

Old March 16th 09, 11:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

On Mar 15, 9:07 am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:
> So, why did he sell? Did the company go under? Looks very bad on Steve.
>
> "Đavīd" > wrote in message
>
> .. .
>
> > Saleen's new owner, MJ Acquisitions, will not be honoring any outstanding
> > warranties on Saleen Inc. products, services, or vehicles.

> > That's right, MJ Acquisitions recently sent a letter to all certified
> > Saleen and Racecraft dealers stating that customers will have to pay for
> > any repair costs because Saleen Inc. has ceased operations. It clearly
> > states that, "MJ Acquisitions, Inc. is not responsible or obligated to
> > cover warranties and/or any financial liabilities of Saleen, Inc." The bad
> > news applies to all Saleen products sold prior to February 2, 2009.

> > That's bad news for the customers, but there is also bad news for the
> > retailers. Saleen Inc. will also no longer be able to cover parts or labor
> > on any vehicle with a Saleen warranty - including unsold vehicles
> > currently sitting on showroom floors. This will certainly make those
> > vehicles a lot harder to move.

> > MJ Acquisitions says in the letter that it feels sorry for the outcome and
> > wants to reassure customers and retailers that the Saleen brand will
> > continue.

> > Now, we can't see the future, but it's not a stretch to predict that
> > Saleen might just fade away after this news. The Mustang community is a
> > tight-knit one and trying to sell Saleen cars and car parts to that same
> > customer base after this news could be damn-near impossible.

> > Davīd
> > Greenville, NC

> >http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...nties-null-voi...

Steve "retired" from Saleen Inc. back in 2007:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/15/s...om-saleen-inc/

Old March 16th 09, 04:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Backyard Mechanic

Đavīd > wrote:

> Saleen's new owner, MJ Acquisitions, will not be honoring any
> outstanding warranties on Saleen Inc. products, services, or vehicles.
>
> That's bad news for the customers, but there is also bad news for the
> retailers. Saleen Inc. will also no longer be able to cover parts or
> labor on any vehicle with a Saleen warranty - including unsold
> vehicles currently sitting on showroom floors. This will certainly
> make those vehicles a lot harder to move.
>
> MJ Acquisitions says in the letter that it feels sorry for the outcome
> and wants to reassure customers and retailers that the Saleen brand
> will continue.
>
> Now, we can't see the future, but it's not a stretch to predict that
> Saleen might just fade away after this news. The Mustang community is
> a tight-knit one and trying to sell Saleen cars and car parts to that
> same customer base after this news could be damn-near impossible.

> http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ties-null-void
> -says-new-owner.html

While I was never going to be a Saleen customer unless I hit the big
lotto and probably not even then, I think they did their bit in
promulgating the Mustang mystique.

In long term I dont think the warranty or lack of one will affect that
market all that much, it will only bother those marginal customers'
decisions. The new owners can adjust their offerings to reflect that,
making all moving parts covered by Ford.

And if you really want everything warranted you likely werent gonna buy
one in the first place.
Good on Steve and all the good work he did, but everything has its time
and place and Saleen would likely have faded out regardless of the
economic atmosphere.

you pay..DEAL with it!

Good News / Bad News Battery and CD Platyer aRKay[_2_] Corvette 0 November 5th 08 10:32 PM
Good News / Bad News Battery and CD Platyer aRKay[_2_] Corvette 0 November 5th 08 08:29 PM
Saleen S7 Skip[_3_] Auto Photos 0 November 3rd 07 03:00 PM
WTB: 85-93 Fox Saleen Brian Adkins Ford Mustang 0 October 3rd 06 09:02 PM
Saleen Sr lamboman Ford Mustang 6 November 12th 05 06:52 PM