Gran Turismo PS3 roadmap (GT5 = 2008)

Old September 20th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid

Default Gran Turismo PS3 roadmap (GT5 = 2008)

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831

The latest issue of Famitsu has an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi for
the new
Gran Turismo on PS3.

+ They'll release 2 versions for the new Gran Turismo (they use the
same "Gran Turismo HD" name of the E3 demo for the product names) for
the PS3 soon. Both support online multiplayer.

+ The proper GT5 is going to hit in 2008. GT HD is meant to grow the
rich network service before GT5. The online modes are based on the 4
modes in GT4:Online beta (Quick Race/Tuned Race/Private Race/Time
Attack) and several other modes are added. The online will be launched
worldwide at the same time.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Premium is essentially a GT5 prologue that uses the
full graphics power of the PS3. (Pictures show a 3D spectator crowd,
very detailed car models with interiors.) The weather changes while
racing. It comes with 2 courses (both original and new, city and
nature) and 30 cars including new ones. You can buy additional 30 cars
and 2 courses (real circuits) later online. This version (or both GT
HD, not sure) is a pure driving simulator and almost a tool. You don't
get cars in in-game events, you just do whatever you want with games
and courses or buy new ones via online.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3
and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20
cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You
download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 -
500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for
purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race
events by themselves.

+ Not all cars and courses are available on the release date, they are
added monthly. Some models may be a limited release for 1000 units. New
playing modes and tuning parts may be available via download. It's
still undecided if they allow trade among users in fear of real money
trade.

Old September 20th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Zomoniac

On 2006-09-20 19:09:17 +0100, "AirRaid" > said:

> + Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3
> and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20
> cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You
> download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 -
> 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for
> purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race
> events by themselves.

So if you want all the cars and courses in the game you buy it will
cost close to $1,000? And people said marketplace was a ripoff!

Old September 20th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BLU CIVIC[_1_]

i guess it sounds cool...wonder what kinda of net service is
required...probably cable...wonder if we'll eventually get damage

--
BLU CIVIC
BLU CIVIC's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=49719

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old September 20th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Robert P Holley

AirRaid wrote:
> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831
>
> + Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3
> and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20
> cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You
> download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 -
> 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for
> purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race
> events by themselves.

WTF? A blank game where you have to download everything after the
fact?

Does Sony have no shame? This is ultimate in microtransaction bull****.

Old September 21st 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Beck

"Robert P Holley" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> AirRaid wrote:
>> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831
>>
>> + Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3
>> and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20
>> cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You
>> download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 -
>> 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for
>> purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race
>> events by themselves.

> WTF? A blank game where you have to download everything after the
> fact?
>
> Does Sony have no shame? This is ultimate in microtransaction bull****.

Imagine buying Pro Evo to find you actually have to buy players with real
money. LOL

Old September 21st 06, 11:22 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Zomoniac

On 2006-09-21 11:01:40 +0100, "Beck" <beck@none> said:

> "Robert P Holley" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> AirRaid wrote:
>>> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831
>>>
>>> + Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3
>>> and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20
>>> cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You
>>> download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 -
>>> 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for
>>> purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race
>>> events by themselves.

>> WTF? A blank game where you have to download everything after the
>> fact?
>>
>> Does Sony have no shame? This is ultimate in microtransaction bull****.

> Imagine buying Pro Evo to find you actually have to buy players with
> real money. LOL

Killzone 2 where you have to pay for each enemy you fight. A cheapskate
could end up with a very easy game

Old September 21st 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Beck

"Zomoniac" > wrote in message

> Killzone 2 where you have to pay for each enemy you fight. A cheapskate
> could end up with a very easy game

I guess it has its advantages :-)

Old September 21st 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Chris F

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:22:10 +0100, Zomoniac
> wrote:

>On 2006-09-21 11:01:40 +0100, "Beck" <beck@none> said:
>

>> "Robert P Holley" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> WTF? A blank game where you have to download everything after the
>>> fact?
>>>
>>> Does Sony have no shame? This is ultimate in microtransaction bull****.

>> Imagine buying Pro Evo to find you actually have to buy players with
>> real money. LOL

>Killzone 2 where you have to pay for each enemy you fight. A cheapskate
>could end up with a very easy game

nah, with Killzone 2 they'd charge you per frame of the prerendered
visuals.
--

gamertag: Chrisflynnuk
http://live.xbox.com/member/Chrisflynnuk
Old September 22nd 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Craig Wynne

"Beck" <beck@none> wrote in message

> "Robert P Holley" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> AirRaid wrote:
>>> http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831
>>>
>>> + Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3
>>> and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20
>>> cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You
>>> download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 -
>>> 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for
>>> purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race
>>> events by themselves.

>> WTF? A blank game where you have to download everything after the
>> fact?
>>
>> Does Sony have no shame? This is ultimate in microtransaction bull****.

> Imagine buying Pro Evo to find you actually have to buy players with real
> money. LOL

Shhh! The grabbing ****s will hear you!

Craig

Old September 24th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators,uk.games.video.playstation,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
AirRaid[_1_]

to clarify about the GT games coming, there are four on the way

GT HD: Classic - literally GT4 running in HD. now it'll have online
and downloadable items.

GT HD Premium is GT5 Prologue. It'll feature a new graphics engine. But
it only has an arcade mode (no GT mode or online mode) as its not meant
to be anything other than a sample.

the GT HD games are due out winter 2006/2007 in Japan, and 2007 rest
of the world.

GT PSP / GT4Mobile: The long-delayed Gran Turismo game for PSP should
be back on schedule after GT HD ships next year, according to Yamauchi.
In the long-term, GT players might be able to use their PSP as a
conduit of sorts to buy new items, cars, or tracks for GT HD.

GT5: the full next-gen GT game coming in 2008