Does anyone make an aftermarket airbag wheel ?

Old August 27th 04, 08:34 PM
Joachim Feise

Default Does anyone make an aftermarket airbag wheel ?

Leon van Dommelen wrote on 8/26/2004 17:59:

> "Jitendra" > wrote:
>

>>Leon
>>
>>The wheel does look good. Would you mind posting the link for where you
>>ordered it from.

> http://www.ilmotorsport.de/
>
> That is as far as I can get you. Click on MX5 NA (90-97) or NB
> (99-), then "Interieur", then "Lenkrader" (=steering wheels).

If you click on the English flag, you get the site in English...
"Interior", then "Steering".

> In case of questions, I recommend using the "info" e-mail address,
> which will get you Ingo which I found to be very easy to work with.

Yeah, he is very responsive.

-Joe
Old August 28th 04, 02:00 AM
pws

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> My credit card statement shows that the combined cost for wheel,
> adapter, and shipping from Germany was $615

That's not too bad a price, and you can probably recoupe $100.00 or so
for your functioning original airbag if you'd like. Up until now, M1
owners have had a choice of either having an airbag-equipped steering
wheel or a nice-looking steering wheel, but not both at the same time.
Mazda should have made the M1/M2 steering wheels compatible and then
sold the M2 wheel at a fairly reasonable price, they would have sold
thousands of them to M1 owners.
This is definitely the nicest-looking aftermarket steering wheel with
airbag that I have seen for the M1.

> In any case, I plan to take pictures before and after and write
> a log.
>
> Leon

Looking forward to seeing them.

Pat
'96M
Old August 28th 04, 12:29 PM
Leon van Dommelen

pws > wrote:

>Leon van Dommelen wrote:
>

>> My credit card statement shows that the combined cost for wheel,
>> adapter, and shipping from Germany was $615

>That's not too bad a price, and you can probably recoupe $100.00 or so
>for your functioning original airbag if you'd like. Up until now, M1
>owners have had a choice of either having an airbag-equipped steering
>wheel or a nice-looking steering wheel, but not both at the same time.
>Mazda should have made the M1/M2 steering wheels compatible and then
>sold the M2 wheel at a fairly reasonable price, they would have sold
>thousands of them to M1 owners.

Yes, I was always hoping someone would come up with an adaptation.
Either it cannot be done or nobody wants to take on the danger
of litigation.

Leon

>This is definitely the nicest-looking aftermarket steering wheel with
>airbag that I have seen for the M1.
>

>> In any case, I plan to take pictures before and after and write
>> a log.
>>
>> Leon

>Looking forward to seeing them.
>
>Pat