Lawmakers push privatized toll roads, putting affordable travelout of

Old March 27th 11, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Lawmakers push privatized toll roads, putting affordable travelout of

reach.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305224

Don't Mess With Texas!
cuhulin

Old March 27th 11, 03:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul in Houston TX

wrote:
> reach.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305224

> Don't Mess With Texas!
> cuhulin

183 in the Dallas area is one of Texas' busiest roads.
Every time I go there its packed. Probably around
500,000 vehicles per day. There are no alternate routes
without going 20 miles out of the way, all in heavy traffic.
Old March 27th 11, 04:58 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Lawmakers push privatized toll roads, putting affordabletravel...

Po old Missy Sippy doesn't have any toll roads, not that I know of
anyway.I Hope we never have any toll roads.
Don't Mess With Missy Sippy!
cuhulin

Old March 28th 11, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 09:29:23 -0500, Paul in Houston TX

>> reach.
>>
>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305224
>>
>> Don't Mess With Texas!
>> cuhulin

>183 in the Dallas area is one of Texas' busiest roads.
>Every time I go there its packed. Probably around
>500,000 vehicles per day. There are no alternate routes
>without going 20 miles out of the way, all in heavy traffic.

The perfect road to privatize. Guarantees them a profit and the state
gives away the land worth billions.
Old March 28th 11, 05:10 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-03-28, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 09:29:23 -0500, Paul in Houston TX

>>> reach.
>>>
>>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305224
>>>
>>> Don't Mess With Texas!
>>> cuhulin

>>183 in the Dallas area is one of Texas' busiest roads.
>>Every time I go there its packed. Probably around
>>500,000 vehicles per day. There are no alternate routes
>>without going 20 miles out of the way, all in heavy traffic.

> The perfect road to privatize. Guarantees them a profit and the state
> gives away the land worth billions.

To insiders, with no-compete clauses. It's really open theft from the
taxpayers.

Old March 28th 11, 12:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mr.E

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 04:10:11 +0000 (UTC), Brent
> wrote:

>On 2011-03-28, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
>> On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 09:29:23 -0500, Paul in Houston TX

>>>183 in the Dallas area is one of Texas' busiest roads.
>>>Every time I go there its packed. Probably around
>>>500,000 vehicles per day. There are no alternate routes
>>>without going 20 miles out of the way, all in heavy traffic.

>> The perfect road to privatize. Guarantees them a profit and the state
>> gives away the land worth billions.

Bet the politicos will have free passes on the roads.

>To insiders, with no-compete clauses. It's really open theft from the
>taxpayers.

So is being elected to political office..
--
Mr.E
Old March 28th 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

> wrote in message
> reach.
>
> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305224
>
> Don't Mess With Texas!
> cuhulin

The great thing about toll roads is not only do state governments not have
to spend gas tax revenue on them, they still get to collect gas tax revenue
from drivers that use them. Sort of a double bonus...

Ed

Old March 28th 11, 05:19 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I haden't thought of that before.Thanks for bringing that up.

But of course, the politicians and big shots will have free passes on
those toll roads.They are not going reach and get any money out of their
own pockets to pay any tolls.
cuhulin

Old March 29th 11, 06:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:03:51 -0400, "C. E. White"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> reach.
>>
>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305224
>>
>> Don't Mess With Texas!
>> cuhulin

>The great thing about toll roads is not only do state governments not have
>to spend gas tax revenue on them, they still get to collect gas tax revenue
>from drivers that use them. Sort of a double bonus...
>
>Ed

For most of the Toll roads you've been screwed up front when the state
gave away billions in land for $1. No one could afford the tolls if
the value of the land was included in them.
Old March 29th 11, 12:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

"Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:03:51 -0400, "C. E. White"
> > wrote:
>

> wrote in message
>>> reach.
>>>
>>> http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=305224
>>>
>>> Don't Mess With Texas!
>>> cuhulin

>>The great thing about toll roads is not only do state governments not have
>>to spend gas tax revenue on them, they still get to collect gas tax
>>revenue
>>from drivers that use them. Sort of a double bonus...
>>
>>Ed
>>

> For most of the Toll roads you've been screwed up front when the state
> gave away billions in land for $1. No one could afford the tolls if
> the value of the land was included in them.

That does not appear to be the cae for the extortion road they are building
in my area. While the state is turning over some land previously purchased
for the right of way (when it was planned to be a normal "free" road), the
budget also includes significant dollars for additional land purchases. And
the buisness case presented looks great - to great in fact. It appears they
are going to charge tolls about 50% higher than necessary to cover the
actual cost of building and maintaining the raod. The tolls are not being
based on covering costs, they are being based on collecting the maximum
revenue. This seems criminal to me. I assume the profits are going to line
the pockets of the poiticians that voted to divert money from the highway
trust fund to other uses and then claimed there wasn't enough money to build
needed roads...

Ed