1974 Super Beetle parts

Old October 3rd 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
azazel scratch

Default 1974 Super Beetle parts

My 1974 Super Beetle is at a yard in Martinez, CA. It has been deemed a
total loss. The transmission was rebuilt by Stuff and works perfectly. The
rims were all powder coated and are still nice. The drums are all German
and installed early last year. The wheel cylinders and hoses are all German
and also installed last year. Four of the 165 SR15 tires are Michelin and
were bought in 2000 with less than 9000 miles on each. One tire has a plug.
The glass is all German. The turn signal switch and windshield wiper switch
all work perfectly. The steering wheel is off a 1973 and in nice condition.
The bottle for the windshield wiper is in really nice condition and
pressurizes perfectly. The 2 speakers are Pioneer and work perfectly. I
hope someone can use these parts.

Old October 4th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"azazel scratch" > wrote in message
> My 1974 Super Beetle is at a yard in Martinez, CA. It has been deemed a
> total loss. The transmission was rebuilt by Stuff and works perfectly.
> The rims were all powder coated and are still nice. The drums are all
> German and installed early last year. The wheel cylinders and hoses are
> all German and also installed last year. Four of the 165 SR15 tires are
> Michelin and were bought in 2000 with less than 9000 miles on each. One
> tire has a plug. The glass is all German. The turn signal switch and
> windshield wiper switch all work perfectly. The steering wheel is off a
> 1973 and in nice condition. The bottle for the windshield wiper is in
> really nice condition and pressurizes perfectly. The 2 speakers are
> Pioneer and work perfectly. I hope someone can use these parts.

good to see one recycled to help others... however, don't bother selling the
tires to someone, they are too old to be safe and reliable...

Old October 4th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
David Gravereaux

azazel scratch wrote:
> My 1974 Super Beetle is at a yard in Martinez, CA. It has been deemed a
> total loss. The transmission was rebuilt by Stuff and works perfectly. The
> rims were all powder coated and are still nice. The drums are all German
> and installed early last year. The wheel cylinders and hoses are all German
> and also installed last year. Four of the 165 SR15 tires are Michelin and
> were bought in 2000 with less than 9000 miles on each. One tire has a plug.
> The glass is all German. The turn signal switch and windshield wiper switch
> all work perfectly. The steering wheel is off a 1973 and in nice condition.
> The bottle for the windshield wiper is in really nice condition and
> pressurizes perfectly. The 2 speakers are Pioneer and work perfectly. I
> hope someone can use these parts.

I'm over in Richmond. Is it at the BugStop? Needless to say, I won't
ask about the bumpers How's the upholstery? There might be stuff I
could grab. Email me.