power steering stop leak?

Old June 4th 12, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

Default power steering stop leak?

**** you, wacko.

--
Vic
Old June 4th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 18:08:56 -0500, "hls" > wrote:

>"dsi1" > wrote in message
> The Chevy with an automatic had enough
>> power for my driving and always felt responsive enough and returned 27MPG
>> to boot. The best I could get out of the Subaru as 21-22. I hated that
>> thing!

>Different strokes for different strokes. I know nothing, personally, about
>Suberus. They have a LOT of followers.

Yeah, like even how to ****ing spell it when it's right in front of
your eyes..

>I had some GM products that got 33 mpg, between failures.

Who cares how you managed to break down cars?
Or didn't manage how to avoid that?
Or couldn't figure out how to replace a Chevy PS pump.
Just stick to chemistry and Avalons dip****.

--
Vic

Old June 4th 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith

On Sun, 03 Jun 2012 11:13:17 -1000, dsi1
> wrote:

>The Cavalier we had was a good, practical, car. It was easy to drive and
>2L pushrod engine was better than most of the OHC engines I've had as
>far as smooth power and fuel economy goes. The Subaru I had at the same
>time had a gutless wonder of an OHC engine that never felt right with
>any of the gears in the manual. The Chevy with an automatic had enough
>power for my driving and always felt responsive enough and returned
>27MPG to boot. The best I could get out of the Subaru as 21-22. I hated
>that thing!

It was nice to drive for non-hotrodders. We drove ours 90% local
streets, but it went well on the highway.
Acceleration was borderline for me. Had to more careful than I like
when pulling into a street with fast traffic. A trade-off I could
live with.
The 2L was a workhorse. I never touched it in 10 years except
plugs/wires/oil, and after 10 years gave it to a brother.
It was badly rusted.
He drove it 3-4 years more.
Had about 150k miles on it when he junked it.
Nearly all city driving. I never checked MPG on it, but it was a
gas-miser compared to most else.
Last time I saw it my brother drove over from where he lives near the
Indiana border, about 30 miles. He had 24' gutters tied to the roof,
for my garage. Picture that.
I thought that was bad, but a couple years later I advised a workmate
to have a truck out to roll getters for him.
Later he told me he got them cheaper by picking them at the gutter
company, driving them home about 5 miles tied to his car roof.
40' footers. On a K-car. Picture that.

I measured 34 mpg on the Corsica with 2.2 for a 400 mile highway trip,
but that's my only measure. Another gas miser, on the highway at
least.
I measured the '88 Celebrity 2.8 many times on 2500 miles trips.
6 passengers (4 kids), trunk stuffed and riding low, A/C on..
Always 28-29 mpg. '97 Lumina with 3.1 gets 27-28.
Both better than what EPA says.
I'm a pushrod fan, but might have to go OHC.
If I get a Malibu it'll be the Ecotec 4.
Rented a 2004 2.2 for a long trip, between the Celebrity and Lumina.
Loved it, got 34 highway, and real good off highway.
Problem is I don't like the used Malibu prices - too high.
I'll have to get HLS to work harder on that.
That's easy enough.
Haven't priced the used Impalas yet.
If they're too high I'll get Nate to work on that.
Twist the coverings off some more Impala steering wheels, and have his
employer's mechs **** up some more rotors.
Plenty of help here.
Might even be a good place to sell a Vega.

--
Vic

Old June 4th 12, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message > --
> Vic

Crawl back under the porch, Vic..
Old June 4th 12, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"Vic Smith" > wrote in message

> Might even be a good place to sell a Vega.
>
> --
> Vic

Vega...They are, in the junkyard, over by the Yugos, arent they??:
Old June 4th 12, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
gregz

Scott Dorsey > wrote:
> hls > wrote:
>> GM, before and after bailout, really didnt care a lot about its customers.
>>
>> Take care of your children and your wife.. Nothing is more important.. And,
>> you never want to send them out on the highway with something that will
>> leave them stranded, or that will break and kill them, or that will put them
>> in any situation that will cause them undue worry or harm.

> Some of the best times I've ever had, some of the most interesting people
> I've ever met, and some of the weirdest sex I've ever had were all the
> result of having broken down on the highway in some POS automobile or
> motorcycle. Life is an adventure and you don't live without taking some
> risks. Buy an Ural and have fun.
> --scott

I have had great luck on the road, much of it driving used cars and van,
but I'm getting old, and getting more worried my time will come. First time
i bought AAA.

I got a 95 olds 88 which now has steering stop lead added. I hear the rack
is expensive.

Greg
Old June 4th 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
gregz

dsi1 > wrote:
> On 6/2/2012 2:34 PM, Vic Smith wrote:
>>

> The Cavalier we had was a good, practical, car. It was easy to drive and
> 2L pushrod engine was better than most of the OHC engines I've had as far
> as smooth power and fuel economy goes. The Subaru I had at the same time
> had a gutless wonder of an OHC engine that never felt right with any of
> the gears in the manual. The Chevy with an automatic had enough power for
> my driving and always felt responsive enough and returned 27MPG to boot.
> The best I could get out of the Subaru as 21-22. I hated that thing!

my 2001 2.2 cavalier gets 33-34 on the highway averaging 65 mph. About 24
heavy city driving, where my Dakota got 12 . I bought my car wreaked.
Right, I picked it out with front end bashed in. The guy rebuild cars,
mostly cavaliers. Looked pretty good when i got delivery. Been driving it
for 6 years, paid $5k.

Greg
Old June 4th 12, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

hls > wrote:

>Different strokes for different strokes. I know nothing, personally, about
>Suberus. They have a LOT of followers.

My wife has one, it's a neat car. I won't work on it, but it's still nicely
built and nicely designed and everything uses torx fittings.

>I had some GM products that got 33 mpg, between failures.

GM is starting to clean up their act as far as design reliability goes, mostly
because they don't have any choice.
--scott

Old June 4th 12, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"gregz" > wrote in message
> dsi1 > wrote:
>
> my 2001 2.2 cavalier gets 33-34 on the highway averaging 65 mph. About 24
> heavy city driving, where my Dakota got 12 . I bought my car wreaked.
> Right, I picked it out with front end bashed in. The guy rebuild cars,
> mostly cavaliers. Looked pretty good when i got delivery. Been driving it
> for 6 years, paid $5k.
>
> Greg

It can be a smart move to buy a used car, or even a damaged car. You have
to know
who put it back together, and whether they were respectable.

I have bought them, and MOST of them were a bargain.

Old June 4th 12, 04:05 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_10_]

On 6/3/2012 1:08 PM, hls wrote:

> "dsi1" > wrote in message
> The Chevy with an automatic had enough
>> power for my driving and always felt responsive enough and returned
>> 27MPG to boot. The best I could get out of the Subaru as 21-22. I
>> hated that thing!

> Different strokes for different strokes. I know nothing, personally, about
> Suberus. They have a LOT of followers.

Different strokes is right. My favorite cars have been Fiats and VWs. My
only explanation is that Subarooers just ain't car folks.

> I had some GM products that got 33 mpg, between failures.

Power Steering Stop Leak to cure noisy pump? phaeton Technology 10 March 29th 09 05:22 PM
Power Steering Leak 97tjMike Jeep 2 January 8th 07 01:43 AM
Power steering leak [email protected] Technology 5 April 17th 06 09:36 PM
AWA [OFFER] Engine,Transmission,Power Steering Stop Leak [email protected] General 0 January 19th 06 08:51 PM
Power steering leak Ed VW water cooled 2 December 4th 04 11:46 PM