2003 Honda Accord battery

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 18th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda
Rudy[_2_]

Default 2003 Honda Accord battery

My 2003 Honda Accord (4 cyl auto) has the original battery. I can't
see the brand if it matters. Most batteries where I live last 3 to 4
years.

Last year I was going to replace it and a Honda service department
told me it was almost like new and therefore no need. My mistake was
not to note the color in the battery eye glass. Today I saw on the
top of the battery a note that says that a dark green or dark color
(forgot which) in the eye glass means insufficient charge. Right now,
the eye glass is dark. I used the car already today but like most
days, it only gets 5 to 10 mile runs at a time.

If the battery was on it's last leg regardless of how much I used the
car, would the eye glass remain dark? I will check the battery fluids
and then may try a battery charger on it if that is advisable. Any
suggestions. Is it time to buy a new battery?