Fan Relay Location: 99 3.3L Grand Voyager

Old November 14th 05, 03:31 AM
Scobodo

Default Fan Relay Location: 99 3.3L Grand Voyager

For the life of me, I can't find the fan relay on my wife's 1999 3.3L
Plymouth Grand Voyager. I know exactly what it looks like. Other
posters indicated that it is under the air filter assembly bolted to
the frame rail. I removed the air filter housing assembly, the battery
& holder, and the power distribution center. I just don't see it. Does
anyone know precisely where the relay is located?
TIA
Old November 15th 05, 11:40 AM
damnnickname

The solid state fan relay is attached to the left frame rail near the
lower radiator support.

Old November 20th 05, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:40:32 -0500, "damnnickname"
> wrote:

> The solid state fan relay is attached to the left frame rail near the
>lower radiator support.

Update: I finally found the relay. I had to trace the wiring to find
it. It was directly under the headlight in a cavity that was only
accessible by removing the front bumper cover. It was riveted to the
structure. I can only guess that it had been relocated by a body shop.
The van was wrecked a few years ago. Anyway, I found it, replaced it
and now the fans turn on properly. Thanks damnnickname and Tom for
your replies.
Old November 20th 05, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"Scobodo" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:40:32 -0500, "damnnickname"
> > wrote:
>
> > The solid state fan relay is attached to the left frame rail near the
> >lower radiator support.

> Update: I finally found the relay. I had to trace the wiring to find
> it. It was directly under the headlight in a cavity that was only
> accessible by removing the front bumper cover. It was riveted to the
> structure. I can only guess that it had been relocated by a body shop.
> The van was wrecked a few years ago. Anyway, I found it, replaced it
> and now the fans turn on properly. Thanks damnnickname and Tom for
> your replies.

Nope wasn't redirected or relocated. That was the year they changed the part
and the location, the manual still shows it on the frame rail.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old November 21st 05, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:08:26 -0500, "maxpower"
> wrote:

>"Scobodo" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 06:40:32 -0500, "damnnickname"
>> > wrote:
>>
>> > The solid state fan relay is attached to the left frame rail near the
>> >lower radiator support.

>> Update: I finally found the relay. I had to trace the wiring to find
>> it. It was directly under the headlight in a cavity that was only
>> accessible by removing the front bumper cover. It was riveted to the
>> structure. I can only guess that it had been relocated by a body shop.
>> The van was wrecked a few years ago. Anyway, I found it, replaced it
>> and now the fans turn on properly. Thanks damnnickname and Tom for
>> your replies.

>Nope wasn't redirected or relocated. That was the year they changed the part
>and the location, the manual still shows it on the frame rail.
>
>Glenn Beasley
>Chrysler Tech

Thanks for solving the mystery. I found a spot on the forward left
frame rail that appeared to be pre--drilled for the relay. That's
where I relocated it. I didn't have to drill any holes. It will be
much easier to replace next time.