The great American pe nis machine

Old August 8th 09, 01:11 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Default The great American pe nis machine

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:16:37 -0700, ACAR wrote:

> I also have old cars. But that doesn't mean I have to drive like an
> old lady.

There's a difference between "Old LAdy", "Spirited Driving" and "K00K".

Old August 8th 09, 01:13 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:20:39 -0700, ACAR wrote:

> But the OP hasn't responded regarding his violating right of way
> because someone was yelling at him. Such sensitivity should be
> rewarded - a ticket would be appropriate.

I didn't violate the guy's right of way, but it was closer than I would
have liked to have had it.

Just becuse there MIGHt be an opportuniy, doesn't mean you have to drive
like an ass.

Old August 8th 09, 01:10 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
hls

"Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:20:39 -0700, ACAR wrote:
>

>> But the OP hasn't responded regarding his violating right of way
>> because someone was yelling at him. Such sensitivity should be
>> rewarded - a ticket would be appropriate.

> I didn't violate the guy's right of way, but it was closer than I would
> have liked to have had it.
>
> Just becuse there MIGHt be an opportuniy, doesn't mean you have to drive
> like an ass.

I perceive that if a person has magnetic "ribbons" (Bring home our boys,
etc)
on his car, he tends to drive erratically. The more ribbons, the kookier he
drives.

These ribbons might even be a major factor in accidents. (TIC)

Old August 8th 09, 01:49 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
PeterD

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 07:10:32 -0500, "hls" > wrote:

>"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:20:39 -0700, ACAR wrote:
>>

>>> But the OP hasn't responded regarding his violating right of way
>>> because someone was yelling at him. Such sensitivity should be
>>> rewarded - a ticket would be appropriate.

>> I didn't violate the guy's right of way, but it was closer than I would
>> have liked to have had it.
>>
>> Just becuse there MIGHt be an opportuniy, doesn't mean you have to drive
>> like an ass.
>>

>I perceive that if a person has magnetic "ribbons" (Bring home our boys,
>etc)
>on his car, he tends to drive erratically. The more ribbons, the kookier he
>drives.
>
>These ribbons might even be a major factor in accidents. (TIC)

No, it's hats, not ribbons. The wacker the hat, the worst the driver.
Base Ball caps? Somewhat bad. Fedora: look out, your ass is in
trouble.

And pipe smokers: get a fedora wearing pipe smoker and you are in for
a painful ride!

And women, especially those who (think they) learned to drive in
middle age. Holy crap, Batman, that's the problem.

And salesmen, who have to get where ever their next sales call is, in
the absolute minimum of time.

And Prius owners who think they are holy.

And drivers from adjacent states, no matter what state you are
in--they're terrible.

And you wife, she's a disaster.

And me.

And you.

<TIC>
Old August 8th 09, 01:49 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 08:49:31 -0400, PeterD wrote:

>>I perceive that if a person has magnetic "ribbons" (Bring home our boys,
>>etc)
>>on his car, he tends to drive erratically. The more ribbons, the kookier he
>>drives.
>>
>>These ribbons might even be a major factor in accidents. (TIC)

> No, it's hats, not ribbons. The wacker the hat, the worst the driver.
> Base Ball caps? Somewhat bad. Fedora: look out, your ass is in
> trouble.

Better be able to spend the rest of the day behind the wheel, because if
you can't pass them, you're stuck.

Also, these are usually the people that will drive along 10-12 MPH under
the speed limit, until you come to a passing zone, where all of a sudden
they're going 15 MPH over...

> And pipe smokers: get a fedora wearing pipe smoker and you are in for
> a painful ride!
>
> And women, especially those who (think they) learned to drive in
> middle age. Holy crap, Batman, that's the problem.
>
> And salesmen, who have to get where ever their next sales call is, in
> the absolute minimum of time.

Um...wait a miute there, Sparky!

(I'm not a salesman, I'm a Field Service rep. The sooner I get done, the
sooner I get home. It was already late in the afternoon when I decided it
would be prudent to wait for the car already in the roundabout, and ****ed
the Corvai...er, Corvette driver off...)

> And Prius owners who think they are holy.

And practice "Priusfoot" in heavy traffic. That's where you try to keep
the car in Electric mode as long as you can. In my area (Western Mass,
just to the left of San Francisco) the usual Prius owner is a starry eyed,
Save the Planet type that thinks burning fossil fuel is a sin. That also
makes them some of the *dumbest* drivers on the road. I know, I worked at
a Toyota dealer in the middle of Liberalville...

> And drivers from adjacent states, no matter what state you are
> in--they're terrible.

Of course! Since most states don't have reciprocity, all you have to do
when you get a speeding ticket is pay it, and that's the end. It doesn't
appear on your driving record.

But, that doesn't mean you can just disregard rules of the road because
you're not 'familiar' with the area. How many times have I seen someone
with out of state plates cut across 3 lanes of traffic because they lined
up to take a left when they really wanted to take a right? It's like the
out of state license plate is a license for stupidity...

Old August 11th 09, 04:53 AM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Dave[_63_]

"Hachiroku" > wrote in message
news
> On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 06:50:07 -0400, PeterD wrote:
>
>>>The new supermarket that no one wanted? Or at least, a lot of people said
>>>no one wanted? I bet everyone shops there, don't they?

>> The one that is about 40% more expensive than Market Basket and
>> Hannaford's in Rindge! We stopped there last night for something, and
>> my wife freaked at the prices.

> Maybe your Atty Gen will do what Mass's did a few years ago.
> Big Y had supermarkets in large markets like Springfield and had to
> compete with Edward's (remember them? I don't know how I just did!) so in
> small towns like Palmer and Ware, where they were the only game in town
> they jacked up the prices. I was cheaper to drive to Amherst!
>
> The AG said they couldn't do that, and thatthey had to give the money
> back, but do it fairly. So they started the Buy One Get Two Free in those
> areas, and saw sales increase substantially, so they implemented it in all
> stores.
>
> Of course, you don't buy anything that's NOT one sale, since rather than
> lower prices to meet the big markets, they raised all their prices to
> match the small stores...
>

>>>The end of my 'territory' is just this side of Peterborough, but every
>>>once in a while my manager sneaks me over the line. But only just...
>>>
>>>At least you get new stuff. Greenfield, they don't want ANYTHING!
>>>Keene is fantastic. On rt 10 going south to Winchester there is new dirt,
>>>and they told me there's a MarketBasket going in there. Man, they have
>>>*EVERYTHING* in Keene!

>> A Market Basket would be nice, but they have so many super markets in
>> Keene it is getting silly. <g>

> There's usually a shakeout. In capitalism, people vote with their dollars.
>

>>>That's the main part of my territory, KSC and C&S are my biggest clients.
>>>

>> Clients? What do you do? (I teach at FPU...)

> Dell Factory Service tech.

So.........you're that son of a b......

Old August 11th 09, 12:05 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
ACAR[_2_]

On Aug 7, 8:13 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:20:39 -0700, ACAR wrote:
>
> > But the OP hasn't responded regarding his violating right of way
> > because someone was yelling at him. Such sensitivity should be
> > rewarded - a ticket would be appropriate.

> I didn't violate the guy's right of way, but it was closer than I would
> have liked to have had it.
>
> Just becuse there MIGHt be an opportuniy, doesn't mean you have to drive
> like an ass.

So you mean to say you think you're not driving like an ass by holding
up traffic at a roundabout?

You stopped and waited long enough for a guy to yell; then still
enough time for you to think about it and then go without violating
right of way. In fact the Corvette had enough room to go with you. So
either you're an extremely bad judge of vehicle speed or you drive
like an ass or both.

Now if you get out of your poseur car and into something appropriate
for your driving style (minivan) people in back of you will adjust
their expectations.
Old August 11th 09, 09:44 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:53:26 -0500, Dave wrote:

>>> Clients? What do you do? (I teach at FPU...)

>> Dell Factory Service tech.
>>

> So.........you're that son of a b......

I DIDN'T DO IT! THEY SENT BAD PARTS!!!

Old August 11th 09, 09:57 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:05:36 -0700, ACAR wrote:

> On Aug 7, 8:13 pm, Hachiroku ハチ*ク > wrote:
>> On Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:20:39 -0700, ACAR wrote:
>>
>> > But the OP hasn't responded regarding his violating right of way
>> > because someone was yelling at him. Such sensitivity should be
>> > rewarded - a ticket would be appropriate.

>> I didn't violate the guy's right of way, but it was closer than I would
>> have liked to have had it.
>>
>> Just becuse there MIGHt be an opportuniy, doesn't mean you have to drive
>> like an ass.

> So you mean to say you think you're not driving like an ass by holding
> up traffic at a roundabout?

So, you think you're not an ass by asking stupid ****ing questions?
You were told the particulars. When in doubt, I stop. I bet you just
charge ahead and to hell with anyone else. So far, that's what your posts
seem to be implying.

I bet you wonder why your insurance bill is so high, too.

> You stopped and waited long enough for a guy to yell; then still
> enough time for you to think about it and then go without violating
> right of way.

Let's see. Where did I say that? The guy already in the roatary was in the
right hand lane. When I pulled out because of some dip**** that drives
like you behind me, the person who had the right of way moved to the inner
lane, whether he wanted to or not. Bottom line, I let some minor annoyance
like you alter my better judgement. Won't happen again.

Of course, I also have the car to back it up, so I was out of the way
ASAP. Howeve, dip**** pulled right out in front of someone so he could
make his point, as evidence by the sounds of horns behind me.

It's people like you with poor judgement that cause most problems. Thanks
for pointing out to me I was wrong. Bet your ass I'll stay put next time.

> In fact the Corvette had enough room to go with you.

No, he didn't. He pulled out in someone's path.

> So
> either you're an extremely bad judge of vehicle speed or you drive
> like an ass or both.

I don't drive like an ass. And, unlike you, I don't act like one, either.
Except when dealing with sutpid ****ing people like I am right now.

> Now if you get out of your poseur car and into something appropriate
> for your driving style (minivan) people in back of you will adjust
> their expectations.

I see.now. Jealousy is the motive. Too bad. I'll sell you mine for $6,000.
Just because someone has a performance car, doesn't mean they have to
act like a jerk because of it. I'd hate to see you with more car than you
could handle. (That would be a SMART car, BTW)

I'll sell you my Scion tC for $16,000. They both have about the same
performance specs, but the Scion is faster off the line. Too bad a putz
like you wouldn't be capable of driving either one of them...I'd hate to
see either one wrapped around a tree by someone who thinks he knows how
to drive.