The great American pe nis machine

Old August 5th 09, 04:57 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
FatMoe

Default The great American pe nis machine

Mark wrote:
> The late 70s were a lousy time for 'Vettes, the most he could have had
> under the hood was a watered down 350 if the motor was original.
>

> On Aug 4, 8:43 pm, Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B > wrote:
>> I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to
>> put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one, and there is a
>> car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a sudden I hear, "What
>> the hell are you WAITING for?!?!?"
>>
>> I look and there's a black corvette, about a '77 behind me, also with a
>> removable roof. Screw this, I pull out in enough time not to run the other
>> car off the road (barely) and Mr Corvette does the same.
>>
>> We come around the other side to a 4 lane, and he guns it and pulls up
>> alongside me and gives *ME* a dirty llok!
>>
>> "I was waiting until it was SAFE, MEATHEAD!"
>> I pull up, and he screeches the tires, swerves in behind me and screeches
>> to a stop, revving the engine at the red light.
>>
>> I take off, and he screeches the tires...OK...speed limit is 30...
>>
>> This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and
>> must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have
>> noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops,
>> and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.
>>
>> I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
>>
>> My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

I had a 78 silver anniversary POS. And they were slow pretty doggy.
About the only thing it was good for was compliments and probably would
have made a good tomato plant starting greenhouse with that stupid big
back window that did not open. The kids called it the Batmobile.
I had a 61 Vett Borg Warner T-10 4 speed/327 when I was in college,
that thing was pretty fast but a 4 door Plymouth with a Torqueflight
(sp?) beat me off the line every time and I could not catch him in the
quarter, and a 340 Dodge something did the same. The front suspension
on those C-1 vetts had kingpins! and were basically a 53 chev front end
suspension. The good old days.
Old August 5th 09, 05:23 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
NapalmHeart[_2_]

"FatMoe" > wrote in message
> Hachiroku ???? wrote:
>> I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to
>> put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one, and there is a
>> car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a sudden I hear, "What
>> the hell are you WAITING for?!?!?"
>>
>> I look and there's a black corvette, about a '77 behind me, also with a
>> removable roof. Screw this, I pull out in enough time not to run the other
>> car off the road (barely) and Mr Corvette does the same.
>>
>> We come around the other side to a 4 lane, and he guns it and pulls up
>> alongside me and gives *ME* a dirty llok!
>>
>> "I was waiting until it was SAFE, MEATHEAD!"
>> I pull up, and he screeches the tires, swerves in behind me and screeches
>> to a stop, revving the engine at the red light.
>>
>> I take off, and he screeches the tires...OK...speed limit is 30...
>>
>> This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and
>> must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have
>> noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops,
>> and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc. I turn and he lets me know
>> he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
>>
>> My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?
>>

> A lot of them are egomaniacs. I was a Corvette owners show one time and some farmer type guy sat
> on a guy's Corvette front fender while he was talking to someone. The Vet owner had a fit and
> looked over the paint from every possible angle to see if there was any damage. You could cut the
> ego at that show with a knife it was so thick.

I'm not a car show type of person, but I would consider it rude to sit on someone's show car, or any
car of anyone else's that I didn't know and not knowing if that person would get upset about it.

I grew up farming and wish I could be doing it right now...

Old August 5th 09, 05:32 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Clams Canino

"Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message

> My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

No, but those of you who think you own the road really annoy those of us
that do.

-W

Old August 5th 09, 06:37 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Marlow[_2_]

"Eric Oulashin" > wrote in message

> Some people are just jackasses, for no good reason. And for some reason,
> some of these people can't seem to observe common-sense rules of driving,
> such as waiting for when it's safe to enter a roundabout. The cars in the
> roundabout DO have the right of way..

Not everywhere.

--

-Mike-

Old August 5th 09, 09:37 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:32:08 -0500, Clams Canino wrote:

> "Hachiroku ????" > wrote in message
>
>> My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

> No, but those of you who think you own the road really annoy those of us
> that do.
>
> -W

LOL! Just trying to be a good driver!

Old August 5th 09, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:45:26 -0400, PeterD wrote:

>>This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and
>>must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have
>>noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops,
>>and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.
>>
>>I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
>>
>>My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

> Probably only that one!
>
> I'm about 20 miles from Keene, and we see the most stupid things at
> those roundabouts! But, I love them, the waits are much less than when
> the stupid lights were there. If people (like the Corvette owner)
> would just learn: Incoming yields everyone, outgoing yields to no one,
> life would be so easy!

Rt 10/101

I will admit, people in Keene know how to use them better than people in
Mass. I was trying to *behave* rather than act like a Masshole!

I'm from Greenfield.

Dumbest thing I ever saw at a roundabout: in Greenfield, Rts 91/2, woman
goes 3/4 of the way around, realizes she missed the ramp she wanted to
take, and *BACKS UP*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 5th 09, 09:53 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:52:32 -0400, lab~rat >:-) wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:45:26 -0400, PeterD > puked:
>
>>On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 20:43:49 -0400, Hachiroku ???? >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to
>>>put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one,

>>RT 10/RT 101? Tough one, but... <g>
>>
>>>and there is a
>>>car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a sudden I hear, "What
>>>the hell are you WAITING for?!?!?"

>>Ok...
>>

>>>I look and there's a black corvette, about a '77 behind me, also with a
>>>removable roof. Screw this, I pull out in enough time not to run the other
>>>car off the road (barely) and Mr Corvette does the same.
>>>
>>>We come around the other side to a 4 lane, and he guns it and pulls up
>>>alongside me and gives *ME* a dirty llok!
>>>
>>>"I was waiting until it was SAFE, MEATHEAD!"
>>>I pull up, and he screeches the tires, swerves in behind me and screeches
>>>to a stop, revving the engine at the red light.

>>Ok...
>>

>>>I take off, and he screeches the tires...OK...speed limit is 30...
>>>

>>Ok...
>>
>>>This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and
>>>must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have
>>>noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops,
>>>and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.
>>>
>>>I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
>>>
>>>My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

>>Probably only that one!
>>
>>I'm about 20 miles from Keene, and we see the most stupid things at
>>those roundabouts!

> Ever see someone turn left at one? I have.

That might even beat the backing up one...

Old August 5th 09, 09:57 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 06:54:27 -0500, FatMoe wrote:

>> This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and
>> must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have
>> noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops,
>> and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.
>>
>> I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
>>
>> My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?
>>

> A lot of them are egomaniacs. I was a Corvette owners show one time
> and some farmer type guy sat on a guy's Corvette front fender while he
> was talking to someone. The Vet owner had a fit and looked over the
> paint from every possible angle to see if there was any damage.

I was at a vintage car show about 27 years ago, and there was a '63 GTO
conv, BEAUTIFUL!! Guy was leaning up against it with Levi 501s (you know.
*rivets*!) and I wanted to get a shot at the Six Pack under the hood, so I
went up and said, "Is this yours?"

After the answer was, "No." my next comment was, "THEN WHAT THE HELL ARE
YOU DOING LEANING UP AGAINST IT WITH RIVETED BLUE JEANS?!?!?!?!"

Old August 5th 09, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:50:19 +0000, Sharx35 wrote:

> "Hachiroku ハチ*ク" > wrote in message
> news
>> I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to
>> put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one, and there is a
>> car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a sudden I hear, "What
>> the hell are you WAITING for?!?!?"
>>
>> I look and there's a black corvette, about a '77 behind me, also with a
>> removable roof. Screw this, I pull out in enough time not to run the other
>> car off the road (barely) and Mr Corvette does the same.
>>
>> We come around the other side to a 4 lane, and he guns it and pulls up
>> alongside me and gives *ME* a dirty llok!
>>
>> "I was waiting until it was SAFE, MEATHEAD!"
>> I pull up, and he screeches the tires, swerves in behind me and screeches
>> to a stop, revving the engine at the red light.
>>
>> I take off, and he screeches the tires...OK...speed limit is 30...
>>
>> This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and
>> must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have
>> noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops,
>> and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.
>>
>> I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
>>
>> My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?
>>

> Well, THAT one certainly was. Probably a LIEBrawl DEMONrat, to boot!

Nah. They actually care about things. You could tell this guy didn't give
a Rat's Ass about much of anything.

Old August 5th 09, 10:00 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.corvette
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Tue, 04 Aug 2009 22:43:41 -0700, Eric Oulashin wrote:

> Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
>> I'm driving my Supra in New Hampshire, and for some reason they saw fit to
>> put roundabouts in the middle of Keene. I come up to one, and there is a
>> car already entered to my left, so I wait. All of a sudden I hear, "What
>> the hell are you WAITING for?!?!?"
>>
>> I look and there's a black corvette, about a '77 behind me, also with a
>> removable roof. Screw this, I pull out in enough time not to run the other
>> car off the road (barely) and Mr Corvette does the same.
>>
>> We come around the other side to a 4 lane, and he guns it and pulls up
>> alongside me and gives *ME* a dirty llok!
>>
>> "I was waiting until it was SAFE, MEATHEAD!"
>> I pull up, and he screeches the tires, swerves in behind me and screeches
>> to a stop, revving the engine at the red light.
>>
>> I take off, and he screeches the tires...OK...speed limit is 30...
>>
>> This really gets him, he's blowing his horn, swerving left and right, and
>> must have been so focused on giving me a hard time he must not have
>> noticed the line of 4-5 cars in front of me. The guy in front of me stops,
>> and he has to slam 'em to avoid hitting me, blowing his horn, etc.
>>
>> I turn and he lets me know he's got a big V8 as he passes behind me.
>>
>> My question is this: are all Corvette owners juvenile meatheads?

> Some people are just jackasses, for no good reason. And for some
> reason, some of these people can't seem to observe common-sense rules of
> driving, such as waiting for when it's safe to enter a roundabout. The
> cars in the roundabout DO have the right of way..

Yup!

I was expecting a lot of flames when I posted this across groups. I'm glad
to see there are a lot of people that actually know how to drive and offer
some modicum of courtesy!

Thanks for the restoration of faith!