Flickering solved!

Old October 10th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
HyperCube33

Default Flickering solved!

So I finally solved the flickering issue. After leaving my lights on before
a big trip this weekend, and having it jumped, the battery wouldnt hold a
**** of a charge.

I just kept a jump pack with and used it most of the weekend and put it on
the charger for over a day. Finally it managed to show that it was done
charging, and it started up and ran fine. By the time I got to the store 3
miles away, and bought two items, the car refused to start, so I jumped it.
When I got back home, I threw it on the charger again and it read that the
battery was flat out dead once again. Finally my girlfriends parents decided
to buy me a new battery, we took the other one in to have it tested. 13V,
and it performed under their load test as well. (Second time in a month this
battery checked out.)

Well, anyway, we still got a new battery, and kept this old one (a Napa
Legend 75) since its still under warrenty. My car runs MUCH better, starts
faster, idles smoother, etc.

Oh, and I checked everything else for corrosion, and ther was none. Later
this week I'll coat the grounds and battery terminals/wires in a spray on
anti-corrosion chemical.

Cheers,
Brian

Needles jumping and lights flickering on A3 dash CP1234 Audi 4 August 31st 06 09:27 PM
fuel mileage drop problem solved! bobvonbob Jeep 23 August 15th 06 01:11 AM
Solved "hesitation" bug '59 VW air cooled 5 September 21st 05 12:17 PM
Flickering Lights SuzukiChopper Saturn 0 October 11th 04 08:33 AM
Chevy Venture airbag light - problem solved Katy General 0 February 21st 04 12:29 AM