Solved "hesitation"

Old September 16th 05, 02:21 PM
bug '59

Default Solved "hesitation"

Hey guys,

finally solved my problem with the lack of power.
At first everything pointed to the fueldelivery/cloged jets.
If not that the problem started after warming up the engine. So that was
probably more likely to be an valve issue. Re-adjusted the valves at 0.15mm
and took her for a spin. Still there was a little hesitation so i changed
the points and adjusted them at 0.4mm (the gap was way bigger with the old
ones) and now it runs fine!

Thanks Jim,
for your quick and accurate responds, i hope it stays this way because it
sure beats a modern car to drive

Roger (smiling behind the wheel)

Old September 16th 05, 02:27 PM
bug '59

"bug '59" > schreef in bericht
. ..
> Hey guys,
>
> finally solved my problem with the lack of power.
> At first everything pointed to the fueldelivery/cloged jets.
> If not that the problem started after warming up the engine. So that was
> probably more likely to be an valve issue. Re-adjusted the valves at
> 0.15mm and took her for a spin. Still there was a little hesitation so i
> changed the points and adjusted them at 0.4mm (the gap was way bigger with
> the old ones) and now it runs fine!
>
> Thanks Jim,
> for your quick and accurate responds, i hope it stays this way because it
> sure beats a modern car to drive
>
> Roger (smiling behind the wheel)

Forgot to mention

i used this link with the adjustment info because i was advised NOT to use
the dizzy as a reference. First time i did it this way but sure goes a lot
faster.

http://www.vwtrendsweb.com/tech/0106vwt_valve/

Roger

Old September 16th 05, 05:55 PM
Joao Eliseu

"bug '59" > wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>finally solved my problem with the lack of power.
>At first everything pointed to the fueldelivery/cloged jets.
>If not that the problem started after warming up the engine. So that was
>probably more likely to be an valve issue. Re-adjusted the valves at 0.15mm
>
>and took her for a spin. Still there was a little hesitation so i changed
>
>the points and adjusted them at 0.4mm (the gap was way bigger with the old
>
>ones) and now it runs fine!
>
>Thanks Jim,
>for your quick and accurate responds, i hope it stays this way because it
>
>sure beats a modern car to drive
>
>Roger (smiling behind the wheel)

Unfortunately it will not stay that way. The new points will wear as the old ones
and it will mess with the timing again. The only way to solve that issue is replace
the points for an electronic ignition.

Joao
Old September 17th 05, 09:29 AM
bug '59

"Joao Eliseu" > schreef in bericht

> "bug '59" > wrote:
>>Hey guys,
>>
>>finally solved my problem with the lack of power.
>>At first everything pointed to the fueldelivery/cloged jets.
>>If not that the problem started after warming up the engine. So that was
>>probably more likely to be an valve issue. Re-adjusted the valves at
>>0.15mm
>>
>>and took her for a spin. Still there was a little hesitation so i changed
>>
>>the points and adjusted them at 0.4mm (the gap was way bigger with the old
>>
>>ones) and now it runs fine!
>>
>>Thanks Jim,
>>for your quick and accurate responds, i hope it stays this way because it
>>
>>sure beats a modern car to drive
>>
>>Roger (smiling behind the wheel)
>>

> Unfortunately it will not stay that way. The new points will wear as the
> old ones
> and it will mess with the timing again. The only way to solve that issue
> is replace
> the points for an electronic ignition.
>
> Joao

As i recall an early stock 1200 is better of with points than with an
electrical dizzy.
Not sure though. I want to keep it stock anyway, and there is an new engine
(stock 30 bhp) waiting to be put in someday, also with a (sva?) dizzy.
John has a nice artikel about this issue on www.ramva.tk

Roger

Old September 21st 05, 12:15 PM
Joao Eliseu

"bug '59" > wrote:

>"Joao Eliseu" > schreef in bericht
>>
>> "bug '59" > wrote:
>>>Hey guys,
>>>
>>>finally solved my problem with the lack of power.
>>>At first everything pointed to the fueldelivery/cloged jets.
>>>If not that the problem started after warming up the engine. So that was
>>>probably more likely to be an valve issue. Re-adjusted the valves at
>>>0.15mm
>>>
>>>and took her for a spin. Still there was a little hesitation so i changed
>>>
>>>the points and adjusted them at 0.4mm (the gap was way bigger with the old
>>>
>>>ones) and now it runs fine!
>>>
>>>Thanks Jim,
>>>for your quick and accurate responds, i hope it stays this way because it
>>>
>>>sure beats a modern car to drive
>>>
>>>Roger (smiling behind the wheel)
>>>

>> Unfortunately it will not stay that way. The new points will wear as the

>> old ones
>> and it will mess with the timing again. The only way to solve that issue

>> is replace
>> the points for an electronic ignition.
>>
>> Joao

>As i recall an early stock 1200 is better of with points than with an
>electrical dizzy.
>Not sure though. I want to keep it stock anyway, and there is an new engine
>
>(stock 30 bhp) waiting to be put in someday, also with a (sva?) dizzy.
>John has a nice artikel about this issue on www.ramva.tk
>
>Roger

I like this system very much. I can drive in winter with heat on the feet and fresh
air on the face. The only car I know that I can do that.
I really don't know any issue with the 1200. I know that to return to stock I only
have to remove the electronic ignition and but the points back. (10 a minutes job)

Joao
Old September 21st 05, 12:17 PM
Joao Eliseu

Forget the first paragraph...it is a different subject

Joao

Hesitation David White Jeep 1 August 4th 05 11:02 PM
1995 ram 3.9L hesitation scott and barb Technology 2 April 27th 05 05:41 PM
engine hesitation - update tom Technology 0 April 26th 05 08:13 PM
engine hesitation tom Technology 7 April 17th 05 04:21 PM
hesitation problem [email protected] Honda 4 December 25th 04 10:36 PM