How high is UP?

Old August 25th 05, 12:17 AM
Me

Default How high is UP?

When '65 Shelby's were 15K, I thought that was a lot. When they went to 25K,
I was surprised. I toyed with selling mine (026) when the price went to 50K,
but didn't. Recently, one sold for 150K. I thought that had to be the very
top. Now, I see an R-Model sold for $473K, and a street car (018) sold for
324K.

http://www.russoandsteele.com/index....nt&contentID=1

Where or will they top out?

Old August 25th 05, 05:35 PM
SVTKate

"Me" > wrote in message ...
: When '65 Shelby's were 15K, I thought that was a lot. When they went to
25K,
: I was surprised. I toyed with selling mine (026) when the price went to
50K,
: but didn't. Recently, one sold for 150K. I thought that had to be the very
: top. Now, I see an R-Model sold for $473K, and a street car (018) sold for
: 324K.
:
:
: http://www.russoandsteele.com/index....nt&contentID=1
:
: Where or will they top out?

Seems like if you coulg get nearly $500k for it, and you are wanting to part
with it, it ight not be a bad time.
The dollar is going down, we are headed for an economic stall... why not?

Old August 26th 05, 05:52 AM
Mark C.

What shape is your's in?

--
Mark

Old August 26th 05, 09:47 PM
Me

Complete, running. Never been crashed. All of the really hard to find pieces
are there. Original block needs to be sleeved, but it's sitting under the
bench. It was in Car Craft in 1985. Can be seen at

http://spaces.msn.com/members/GT350Shelby/

Bill

Old August 26th 05, 11:30 PM

Me wrote:
> When '65 Shelby's were 15K, I thought that was a lot. When they went to 25K,
> I was surprised. I toyed with selling mine (026) when the price went to 50K,
> but didn't. Recently, one sold for 150K. I thought that had to be the very
> top. Now, I see an R-Model sold for $473K, and a street car (018) sold for
> 324K.

> http://www.russoandsteele.com/index....nt&contentID=1

Geeze...over $300Gs for a Mustang? Need to retitle the thread to "how
up is high".

> Where or will they top out?

IMO, anything over $40K is nuts, because there are a whole BUNCH of
cars I could buy, *and drive*, for that kind of money.

Patrick
'93 Cobra