29.8 average mpg on highway doing 75 mph with a/c on. I love myCorvette 'economy' car !

Old September 22nd 08, 06:33 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

Default 29.8 average mpg on highway doing 75 mph with a/c on. I love myCorvette 'economy' car !

That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along the way....
otherwise im sure it would hit 30 mpg (plus) . 6 speed Manual .
Old September 22nd 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

> That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
> 300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along the way....
> otherwise im sure it would hit 30 mpg (plus) . 6 speed Manual .

I think you have math problems.

How many miles did you go and how much gas did you put in when you got home?
Did you top off the tank?

Ed

Old September 22nd 08, 11:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 22, 2:23*pm, "Spud" > wrote:
> > That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
> > 300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along the way....
> > otherwise im sure it would hit 30 mpg (plus) . *6 speed Manual .

> I think you have math problems.
>
> How many miles did you go and how much gas did you put in when you got home?
> Did you top off the tank?
>
> Ed

REPLY: Theres no need to do math ; the DIC gives you the Average MPG
for the gasoline youve consumed in real time . I havent re-filled the
tank since i got home but i filled her up in Effingham, Il and drove
to Lake Villa, Il on 3/4 tank of gas. Dont know exactly now far
that is, but, like i said...the DIC computes the Average MPG as you
are driving. You can see it changing in tenths of MPG as you are
driving along --- when you go up a long steep incline in the road it
will drop a tenth or two and when you are driving on level road it
will gain a tenth or more, over time. Questions ?
Old September 23rd 08, 02:45 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Spud

REPLY: Theres no need to do math ; the DIC gives you the Average MPG
for the gasoline youve consumed in real time . I havent re-filled the
tank since i got home but i filled her up in Effingham, Il and drove
to Lake Villa, Il on 3/4 tank of gas. Dont know exactly now far
that is, but, like i said...the DIC computes the Average MPG as you
are driving. You can see it changing in tenths of MPG as you are
driving along --- when you go up a long steep incline in the road it
will drop a tenth or two and when you are driving on level road it
will gain a tenth or more, over time. Questions ?

I understand average mpg and the DIC. My only question is why would your
car perform better than the EPA estimate, which is high most of the time.
My C5 Z06 actually got the EPA rated 26 mpg on one trip. Doing a constant
75 mph on the interstate, non stop. So if you got 30 mpg, I'm tickled for
you. But why would your car do better than the EPA numbers:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass.htm, which is 24 mpg. I guarantee my
new '08 Z06 ain't gonna get the 24. Have you modified the LS-2 or the
intake and exhaust?

Ed

Old September 23rd 08, 05:41 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Spud" > wrote in message

> REPLY: Theres no need to do math ; the DIC gives you the Average
> MPG
> for the gasoline youve consumed in real time . I havent re-filled
> the
> tank since i got home but i filled her up in Effingham, Il and
> drove
> to Lake Villa, Il on 3/4 tank of gas. Dont know exactly now far
> that is, but, like i said...the DIC computes the Average MPG as you
> are driving. You can see it changing in tenths of MPG as you are
> driving along --- when you go up a long steep incline in the road
> it
> will drop a tenth or two and when you are driving on level road it
> will gain a tenth or more, over time. Questions ?
>

> I understand average mpg and the DIC. My only question is why would
> your car perform better than the EPA estimate, which is high most of
> the time. My C5 Z06 actually got the EPA rated 26 mpg on one trip.
> Doing a constant 75 mph on the interstate, non stop. So if you got
> 30 mpg, I'm tickled for you. But why would your car do better than
> the EPA numbers: http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass.htm, which
> is 24 mpg. I guarantee my new '08 Z06 ain't gonna get the 24. Have
> you modified the LS-2 or the intake and exhaust?
>
> Ed

You may be on to something Ed, it's 261 miles from Effingham to Lake
Villa. The C6 has an 18 gallon take and 3/4 of that is 13.5 gallons
which works out to about 19.33 MPG. I think he missed that one about
10^40,000 th power, just a guess on my part.

Old September 23rd 08, 12:25 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Vern

On Sep 22, 1:33*pm, " > wrote:
> That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
> 300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along the way....
> otherwise im sure it would hit 30 mpg (plus) . *6 speed Manual .

I looked at this and thought it was my post !

I just got back from a round trip from Va to Ohia......and got 29
mpg....with the a/c on !

I had to slow down around DC to about 60 and was gettin 32 mpg
according to the trip computer which I have checked for accuracy, and
it is.

The reason is that with a .70 overdrive it does 1700 RPM at
70mph.....engine loafing !

Vern - 92 LT1 Black C4 Coupe Auto - 140K mi
Old September 23rd 08, 01:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 22, 8:45*pm, "Spud" > wrote:
> REPLY: *Theres no need to do math ; the DIC gives you the Average MPG
> for the gasoline youve consumed in real time . *I havent re-filled the
> tank since i got home but i filled her up in *Effingham, Il and drove
> to Lake Villa, Il * on 3/4 tank of gas. *Dont know exactly now far
> that is, but, like i said...the DIC computes the Average MPG as you
> are driving. You can see it changing in tenths of MPG as you are
> driving along --- *when you go up a long steep incline in the road it
> will drop a tenth or two and when you are driving on level road it
> will gain a tenth or more, over time. *Questions ?
>
> I understand average mpg and the DIC. *My only question is why would your
> car perform better than the EPA estimate, which is high most of the time.
> My C5 Z06 actually got the EPA rated 26 mpg on one trip. * Doing a constant
> 75 mph on the interstate, non stop. *So if you got 30 mpg, I'm tickled for
> you. *But why would your car do better than the EPA numbers:http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass.htm, which is 24 mpg. *I guarantee my
> new '08 Z06 ain't gonna get the 24. *Have you modified the LS-2 or the
> intake and exhaust?
>
> Ed

REPLY: Yes, i have some mods : Headers/'x' crossover/3"pipes/stock
mufflers, different air filter, and Dyno-Tune . It obviously made a
big difference . Ive heard C5'ers report 29 and 30 mpg by the way and
29 mpg for C6 .
Old September 23rd 08, 01:55 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 23, 6:25*am, Vern > wrote:
> On Sep 22, 1:33*pm, " > wrote:
>
> > That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
> > 300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along the way....
> > otherwise im sure it would hit 30 mpg (plus) . *6 speed Manual .

> I looked at this and thought it was my post !
>
> I just got back from a round trip from Va to Ohia......and got 29
> mpg....with the a/c on !
>
> I had to slow down around DC to about 60 and was gettin 32 mpg
> according to the trip computer which I have checked for accuracy, and
> it is.
>
> The reason is that with a .70 overdrive it does 1700 RPM at
> 70mph.....engine loafing !
>
> Vern - 92 LT1 Black C4 Coupe Auto - 140K mi

REPLY: Thank you Vern for that confirmation . On my C6 LS2 MN 6, Im at
1600 rpm at 75 mph.
Old September 23rd 08, 02:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 22, 11:41*pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "Spud" > wrote in message

> > REPLY: *Theres no need to do math ; the DIC gives you the Average
> > MPG
> > for the gasoline youve consumed in real time . *I havent re-filled
> > the
> > tank since i got home but i filled her up in *Effingham, Il and
> > drove
> > to Lake Villa, Il * on 3/4 tank of gas. *Dont know exactly now far
> > that is, but, like i said...the DIC computes the Average MPG as you
> > are driving. You can see it changing in tenths of MPG as you are
> > driving along --- *when you go up a long steep incline in the road
> > it
> > will drop a tenth or two and when you are driving on level road it
> > will gain a tenth or more, over time. *Questions ?

> > I understand average mpg and the DIC. *My only question is why would
> > your car perform better than the EPA estimate, which is high most of
> > the time. My C5 Z06 actually got the EPA rated 26 mpg on one trip.
> > Doing a constant 75 mph on the interstate, non stop. *So if you got
> > 30 mpg, I'm tickled for you. *But why would your car do better than
> > the EPA numbers:http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass.htm, which
> > is 24 mpg. *I guarantee my new '08 Z06 ain't gonna get the 24. *Have
> > you modified the LS-2 or the intake and exhaust?

> > Ed

> You may be on to something Ed, it's 261 miles from Effingham to Lake
> Villa. The C6 has an 18 gallon take and 3/4 of that is 13.5 gallons
> which works out to about 19.33 MPG. I think he missed that one about
> 10^40,000 th power, just a guess on my part.- Hide quoted text -

REPLY: No, i didnt miss that one about 10^40,000 th power probability
for life arising like atheists pretend Dad ; Sir Fred Hoyle
calculated it and world reknown atheist Dr. Francis Crick (co
discoverer of the DNA structure) affirmed it in his own book. How
come you dont want a personal Creator to exist / want your earliest
Ancestor to be slimey Pond Scum graduating to a 206 bone Corvette
Driver having 60 independent anatomical systems yet all working
collaboratively so you can go fast in your car ?! ..lol....
Old September 23rd 08, 02:18 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

On Sep 22, 11:41 pm, "Dad" > wrote:
> "Spud" > wrote in message

> > REPLY: Theres no need to do math ; the DIC gives you the Average
> > MPG
> > for the gasoline youve consumed in real time . I havent re-filled
> > the
> > tank since i got home but i filled her up in Effingham, Il and
> > drove
> > to Lake Villa, Il on 3/4 tank of gas. Dont know exactly now far
> > that is, but, like i said...the DIC computes the Average MPG as
> > you
> > are driving. You can see it changing in tenths of MPG as you are
> > driving along --- when you go up a long steep incline in the road
> > it
> > will drop a tenth or two and when you are driving on level road it
> > will gain a tenth or more, over time. Questions ?

> > I understand average mpg and the DIC. My only question is why
> > would
> > your car perform better than the EPA estimate, which is high most
> > of
> > the time. My C5 Z06 actually got the EPA rated 26 mpg on one trip.
> > Doing a constant 75 mph on the interstate, non stop. So if you got
> > 30 mpg, I'm tickled for you. But why would your car do better than
> > the EPA numbers:http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/byclass.htm, which
> > is 24 mpg. I guarantee my new '08 Z06 ain't gonna get the 24. Have
> > you modified the LS-2 or the intake and exhaust?

> > Ed

> You may be on to something Ed, it's 261 miles from Effingham to Lake
> Villa. The C6 has an 18 gallon take and 3/4 of that is 13.5 gallons
> which works out to about 19.33 MPG. I think he missed that one about
> 10^40,000 th power, just a guess on my part.- Hide quoted text -

>REPLY: No, i didnt miss that one about 10^40,000 th power
>probability
>for life arising like atheists pretend Dad ; Sir Fred Hoyle
>calculated it and world reknown atheist Dr. Francis Crick (co
>discoverer of the DNA structure) affirmed it in his own book. How
>ome you dont want a personal Creator to exist / want your earliest
>Ancestor to be slimey Pond Scum graduating to a 206 bone Corvette
>Driver having 60 independent anatomical systems yet all working
>collaboratively so you can go fast in your car ?! ..lol....

Missed it again didn't you, or is the math lying like you do? See
above and answer that, it is taken from what you said and comes out to
19.3 MPG. But then your other quotes are wrong also and you've been
corrected countless times and won't acknowledge that. You're a fake
and don't have the integrity to back up what you say..