Accuracy of Impulse torque wrenches

Old January 18th 05, 11:51 PM
Bob

Default Accuracy of Impulse torque wrenches

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> Right as of now, I've broken my long beam impulse wrench by trying to
> take it apart to calibrate it myself, so now it is a very very
> expensive breaker bar ;-\ But I will continue to use it because it
> has a ratcheting head and my real breaker bar does not.

Another one of Glickmans many talents.... lol
Bob

Old January 19th 05, 12:06 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:51:15 -0600, "Bob" > wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Right as of now, I've broken my long beam impulse wrench by trying to
>> take it apart to calibrate it myself, so now it is a very very
>> expensive breaker bar ;-\ But I will continue to use it because it
>> has a ratcheting head and my real breaker bar does not.
>>

>Another one of Glickmans many talents.... lol
> Bob

Just an observation "bob"

I peruse a number of n/g's, and it is ALWAYS the retards that feel
threatened by my intelligence, and like lemmings come at me as if I am
going to put them out of their misery or something in one of their
suicidal panics.

But as always, I leave them at the cliff's edge, where Nature will
decide when a gust of wind comes along to deliver the Coup de Grace.

Your blind hatred of me is noted. You have a lot of hostility bob.
You have some "issues" that need therapeutic intervention.

Lg

Old January 19th 05, 02:05 AM
Bob

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:51:15 -0600, "Bob" > wrote:
>

>>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Right as of now, I've broken my long beam impulse wrench by trying to
>>> take it apart to calibrate it myself, so now it is a very very
>>> expensive breaker bar ;-\ But I will continue to use it because it
>>> has a ratcheting head and my real breaker bar does not.
>>>

>>Another one of Glickmans many talents.... lol
>> Bob
>>

> Just an observation "bob"
>
> I peruse a number of n/g's, and it is ALWAYS the retards that feel
> threatened by my intelligence

Now THAT is the funniest ****ing thing I've read in a long time. Maybe your
true calling is as a comedian.
Bob

Old January 19th 05, 02:07 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:05:02 -0600, "Bob" > wrote:

>"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>Another one of Glickmans many talents.... lol
>>> Bob
>>>

>> Just an observation "bob"
>>
>> I peruse a number of n/g's, and it is ALWAYS the retards that feel
>> threatened by my intelligence

>Now THAT is the funniest ****ing thing I've read in a long time. Maybe your
>true calling is as a comedian.
> Bob

Your true calling is to spend the rest of eternity in my Killfile,
keeping the other maggots there company.

<PLONK>
Old January 19th 05, 02:31 AM
Bob

"Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> Your true calling is to spend the rest of eternity in my Killfile,
> keeping the other maggots there company.
>
> <PLONK>

It'll take a clown like you weeks to figure out how to even use a kill file.

Old January 19th 05, 02:21 PM
Brian

I have a top of the line impulse (why not call it a click type wrench like
everybody else) torque wrench that is now a breaker bar - but I got mine
free from a garbage can at Mosport. Works great - I recently had to undo a
big old nut that had somehow gotten very tight, and needed at least 400
ft/lbs to break loose. a bit of 2" pipe over the handle and Bob's your
uncle....

Brian

Old January 19th 05, 08:52 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:28:26 -0600, Chopface
> wrote:

>Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:19:52 -0500, Alex Rodriguez >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>In article >,
>>>says...

>>>I ONCE tried using a torque wrench as a breaker bar to loosen a nut. I
>>>now use that torque wrench to only tighten nuts. Breaker bars are cheaper
>>>than torque wrenches, so I now have a couple of breaker bars.
>>>-----------------
>>>Alex

>> But they don't have ratcheting heads on breaker bars.
>>
>> Leverage is your friend.
>>
>> Lg
>>

>12 pt. sockets aren't enough for leverage choices? I guess a ratcheting
>breaker bar would be tops.
>
>Mark

OK, I have a confession to make. After covering myself with grease
and oil from my "out of calibration" clicker wrench, I did a web
search for how to DIY recalibrate. Came up with nothing.

So now, it is in the Recycle Bin.

Would I buy a nice 1 incher wratchet wrench today for my wheel lugs!
Used in conjunction with my electronic torque sensor, it is going to
be my "God's Gift to Larry" present if I can get my wife to part with
the money ;-\

We'll be getting back to you on this shortly, if I survive our
*discussion* over scarce dollars. I see that 1 inch ratchet wrench at
Sears and I gloat at it, drooling on my shoes. I must have it, I MUST
HAVE IT !

Lg

Torque Wrench Seraph Honda 12 February 6th 05 10:07 PM
torque wrench calibration [email protected] Technology 7 December 20th 04 05:47 PM
Does the Chrysler Corporation Car Production Broadcast paper show pinion bearing preload and pinion nut torque? JP Dodge 6 September 21st 04 02:16 AM
Why/How do diesels deliver *less* power but *more* torque? [email protected] General 2 September 15th 04 11:39 PM