29.8 average mpg on highway doing 75 mph with a/c on. I love myCorvette 'economy' car !

Old September 24th 08, 05:40 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
sandi

Default 29.8 average mpg on highway doing 75 mph with a/c on. I love myCorvette 'economy' car !

On Sep 22, 10:33*am, " >
wrote:
> That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
> 300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along the way....
> otherwise im sure it would hit 30 mpg (plus) . *6 speed Manual .

So U went with the new boyfriend, eh?
SS
Old September 24th 08, 07:39 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected][_2_]

On Sep 24, 9:05*am, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote:
> Kind of late getting into this thread...
>
> To be honest I do not think the instand or overall milage that the
> cars computer is any more accurate then trying to level brickwork with
> your eyeballs as you are laying the bricks...
>
> BUT I will guareentee you that my C5 6 speed ragtop will get at least
> 30 mpg over a 400 mile trip (only stopping at a few rest areas) down
> Rt 81 ..done that more then a few times and I normally set the crusie
> control at 82 mph *and still pry that I do *not get runover ... *
>
> This is actually filling the tank...then entering directly onto 81
> driving 400 or so miles then actuallly filling the tank again...Then
> doing the math with a pencil and a piece of paper...
>
> Bob G
>

> On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:00:39 -0400, "Dad" > wrote:
>
> > wrote in message

> >> My own experience on a recently completed trip in my 2004 A4 Coupe
> >> from
> >> Seattle to Reno to Las Vegas to Salt Lake City then back to Seattle
> >> netted
> >> an average of 28.2 MPG. This is based upon the info provided from
> >> the the
> >> onboard computer, not "real-life" measures. At the beginning of each
> >> day I
> >> reset the Averge MPG back to 00.0. The first day of my trip from
> >> Seattle to
> >> Yrekata, California netted me my highest daily averge of 29.4 MPG.
> >> Whenever
> >> possible I used cruise control set to posted speed limits (give or
> >> take 1-5
> >> MPH).

> >> Although not scientific, I was extremely surprised and pleased with
> >> the
> >> economical performance of my car.

> >> Did I mention the stretches between Reno and Las Vegas where I would
> >> punch
> >> it up to 110-120 MPH for short bursts of fun? :-)

> >> REPLY: *PJ and Mike, *Thanks for those corroborating factual
> >> testimonys ! * *Indeed, its possible to get more than what the
> >> factory states is typical when it comes to MPG on the highway for a
> >> C5/6 Corvette. *Even around town, im averaging 18.5 *consistently.

> >And 19.3 on trips.- Hide quoted text -

REPLY: Thank you Bob for that testimony to 30 mpg.
Old September 24th 08, 08:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Sarah Czepiel

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:05:17 -0400, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net>
wrote:

Yep, we get great mileage on our C6. Just got back from a trip to RI - 468
miles one way and did that on a tank of gas.

:>Kind of late getting into this thread...
:>
[...]
:>>
:>>On Sep 23, 2:02 pm, "MikeSo" > wrote:
:>>> The Reverend Natural Light wrote:
:>>>
:>>> > On Sep 22, 1:33 pm, " >

Old September 24th 08, 09:09 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> > wrote in message

Snip

>> REPLY: PJ and Mike, Thanks for those corroborating factual
>> testimonys ! Indeed, its possible to get more than what the
>> factory states is typical when it comes to MPG on the highway for a
>> C5/6 Corvette. Even around town, im averaging 18.5 consistently.

> And 19.3 on trips.

I have to add that it is pretty low to drag others real time
experience into your fairy tale, lets go over your fabrications.

First you Said, "I havent re-filled the tank since i got home but i
filled her up in Effingham, Il and drove to Lake Villa, Il on 3/4
tank of gas. Dont know exactly now far that is, but, like i
said...the DIC computes the Average MPG as you
are driving."

Then when you were caught in one of your fabulous fabrications you
changed your story to.. "REPLY: Did you take into account that I
drove from Effingham to Tower Hill to Shelbyville to Tower Hill to
Shelbyville before heading home to Lake Villa, Il ? Unless you can
prove the Average MPG real-time bogus on my car as well as the other
Posters confirmation on his 29 average MPG, its best to remain quiet
Dad for youre looking frustrated." On top of that you need to use
others to back up your misinformation and with new data you fabricate;
plus you have to throw in your God as a backup, how weak.

Tower Hill and Shelbyville are 3 miles apart so we'll add 9 miles to
the calculations. That means you got 20.0 MPG, still a far cry from
the reported 29.8. I have no disbelief of what the others report as
their mileage, just yours. I've had trips that show about the same
thing and I calculated some close to that but the best way to get the
best gas mileage is to lie about it like you do. It's best to do that
without knowing how far you went and how much fuel you used and don't
tell the whole story so you can change it to fit your fabulous
fabrications.

By the way you're confusing frustration with disbelief or pity, not
sure yet which you actually deserve, most likely both.

Old September 24th 08, 09:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

> wrote in message
On Sep 24, 9:05 am, Bob G. <rg327_remove_comcast.net> wrote:
> Kind of late getting into this thread...
>
> To be honest I do not think the instand or overall milage that the
> cars computer is any more accurate then trying to level brickwork
> with
> your eyeballs as you are laying the bricks...
>
> BUT I will guareentee you that my C5 6 speed ragtop will get at
> least
> 30 mpg over a 400 mile trip (only stopping at a few rest areas) down
> Rt 81 ..done that more then a few times and I normally set the
> crusie
> control at 82 mph and still pry that I do not get runover ...
>
> This is actually filling the tank...then entering directly onto 81
> driving 400 or so miles then actuallly filling the tank again...Then
> doing the math with a pencil and a piece of paper...
>
> Bob G
>

> On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 19:00:39 -0400, "Dad" >
> wrote:
>
> > wrote in message

> >> My own experience on a recently completed trip in my 2004 A4
> >> Coupe
> >> from
> >> Seattle to Reno to Las Vegas to Salt Lake City then back to
> >> Seattle
> >> netted
> >> an average of 28.2 MPG. This is based upon the info provided from
> >> the the
> >> onboard computer, not "real-life" measures. At the beginning of
> >> each
> >> day I
> >> reset the Averge MPG back to 00.0. The first day of my trip from
> >> Seattle to
> >> Yrekata, California netted me my highest daily averge of 29.4
> >> MPG.
> >> Whenever
> >> possible I used cruise control set to posted speed limits (give
> >> or
> >> take 1-5
> >> MPH).

> >> Although not scientific, I was extremely surprised and pleased
> >> with
> >> the
> >> economical performance of my car.

> >> Did I mention the stretches between Reno and Las Vegas where I
> >> would
> >> punch
> >> it up to 110-120 MPH for short bursts of fun? :-)

> >> REPLY: PJ and Mike, Thanks for those corroborating factual
> >> testimonys ! Indeed, its possible to get more than what the
> >> factory states is typical when it comes to MPG on the highway for
> >> C5/6 Corvette. Even around town, im averaging 18.5 consistently.

> >And 19.3 on trips.- Hide quoted text -

*REPLY: Thank you Bob for that testimony to 30 mpg.

Or your 20 MPG by your new story which I can bet will change again or
take a new direction to hide your dishonesty.

Old September 25th 08, 05:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
The Reverend Natural Light

On Sep 23, 12:20 pm, The Reverend Natural Light
> wrote:
> They're floored when I tell them
> that I average 28MPG and could do better if I wanted.

FYI, that's miles driven divided by gallons used at the pump. Same
gas station each time.

The DIC average is usually quite close.

Old September 29th 08, 04:37 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
CardsFan

"Dad" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> > wrote in message

> Snip
>>>
>>> REPLY: PJ and Mike, Thanks for those corroborating factual testimonys
>>> ! Indeed, its possible to get more than what the factory states is
>>> typical when it comes to MPG on the highway for a C5/6 Corvette. Even
>>> around town, im averaging 18.5 consistently.

>> And 19.3 on trips.

> I have to add that it is pretty low to drag others real time experience
> into your fairy tale, lets go over your fabrications.
>
> First you Said, "I havent re-filled the tank since i got home but i filled
> her up in Effingham, Il and drove to Lake Villa, Il on 3/4 tank of gas.
> Dont know exactly now far that is, but, like i said...the DIC computes the
> Average MPG as you
> are driving."
>
> Then when you were caught in one of your fabulous fabrications you changed
> your story to.. "REPLY: Did you take into account that I drove from
> Effingham to Tower Hill to Shelbyville to Tower Hill to Shelbyville before
> heading home to Lake Villa, Il ? Unless you can prove the Average MPG
> real-time bogus on my car as well as the other Posters confirmation on his
> 29 average MPG, its best to remain quiet Dad for youre looking
> frustrated." On top of that you need to use others to back up your
> misinformation and with new data you fabricate; plus you have to throw in
> your God as a backup, how weak.
>
> Tower Hill and Shelbyville are 3 miles apart so we'll add 9 miles to the
> calculations. That means you got 20.0 MPG, still a far cry from the
> reported 29.8. I have no disbelief of what the others report as their
> mileage, just yours. I've had trips that show about the same thing and I
> calculated some close to that but the best way to get the best gas mileage
> is to lie about it like you do. It's best to do that without knowing how
> far you went and how much fuel you used and don't tell the whole story so
> you can change it to fit your fabulous fabrications.
>
> By the way you're confusing frustration with disbelief or pity, not sure
> yet which you actually deserve, most likely both.

I would like to submit a vote for "scorn."

AJM
'93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Old September 30th 08, 04:19 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
V Eight

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:33:12 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>That was in my 2006 LS2 Coupe yesterday , 2 people, 75 lbs. of cargo,
>300 mile trip., with a tad bit of city driving along the way....
>otherwise im sure it would hit 30 mpg (plus) . 6 speed Manual .

BS unless you had a tail wind and / or downhill.