NSR - A few questions...

Old February 18th 05, 09:36 AM
Larry

Default NSR - A few questions...

1. Anyone heard a peep out of their Spotter? Not me. None. Sound is all
the way up. It's like he's not there. I can hear the Crew Chief but not a
single word out of the spotter. I ran a few online races and everyone else
said the same. No spotter!

2. VOIP doesn't seem to work.

3. Can you turn off the "Eject on Crash" nonsense?

4. Any way to adjust the Gamma? I just installed a new GeForce 6800GT and
it works great, but it's darker than my old 9800 Pro. I'm sure I can adjust
the overall in the GeForce drivers, but I prefer to adjust this in-game.

That'll do for now

-Larry

Old February 18th 05, 11:14 AM

Larry wrote:

> 1. Anyone heard a peep out of their Spotter? Not me. None. Sound

is all
> the way up. It's like he's not there. I can hear the Crew Chief

but not a
> single word out of the spotter. I ran a few online races and

everyone else
> said the same. No spotter!

No spotter here either (with demo).

Old February 18th 05, 03:56 PM
Bob V

"Larry" > wrote in message
: 1. Anyone heard a peep out of their Spotter? Not me. None. Sound is
all
: the way up. It's like he's not there. I can hear the Crew Chief but not
: single word out of the spotter. I ran a few online races and everyone
else
: said the same. No spotter!

I can hear the spotter, at least I think I do. I hear two different voices
on lap times. If the last lap was my best, then I believe it's the crew
chief that comes on and says something about it being the best lap yet. If
it's slower, then a different voice simply reports the time.

: 2. VOIP doesn't seem to work.

player.ini file, under [sound options] change VOIP Enabled = "1"
:
: 3. Can you turn off the "Eject on Crash" nonsense?

player.ini file, under [Drivng Aids] change No AI Control = "1"

:
: 4. Any way to adjust the Gamma? I just installed a new GeForce 6800GT
and
: it works great, but it's darker than my old 9800 Pro. I'm sure I can
adjust
: the overall in the GeForce drivers, but I prefer to adjust this in-game.

Don't know about this one

Sure am disappointed in EA for not providing detailed documentation, either
as a readme.txt or .pdf file. Sure looks like they rushed this to get it
out before real Daytona race. Hopefully it's something they're working on
as part of the patch.

Bob

Old February 18th 05, 03:56 PM
Plowboy

Larry, somewhere in your Player_name.plr file, it is just like the papy
files we adjusted, your looking for the line that says something about AI
control... do a text search...
Im betting it is the same as the demo that is...

Larry enlightened us with:

Old February 18th 05, 05:23 PM
Larry

Never worked in the Demo. We fully expected it to work in the release
version though

-Larry

oups.com...

Old February 18th 05, 05:24 PM
Larry

Yeah, got the crash thing and VOIP (I think - have to test) taken care of.

There is no spotter though. What you are hearing is your Crew Chief and
maybe an announcer.

No car low, high, etc... Not a peep.

-Larry

Old February 18th 05, 08:58 PM
Tanstaafl

I hear the spotter saying "low", "high", etc. He's not as verbose with it
as NR2003.

Old February 18th 05, 08:58 PM
David G Fisher

I hear my spotter. He tells me that a car is low, outside, still there, etc.
Needs to be louder though. What do you have the spotter voice set to in
sound options?

--
David G Fisher

Old February 18th 05, 08:59 PM
Larry

High.

I just did an offline race and heard the spotter too (though the volume is
way too low).

I think the spotter only works during RACE and no other sessions. That was
the first actual race session I had run.

-Larry

news

Old February 18th 05, 10:01 PM
Larry

I just did another race and there was no spotter. I don't get it.

-Larry