WTF?

Old November 18th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default WTF?

I post one message for help, I get a few valid replies and about 6
messages about Mario. What the hell? Is this how it's going to be from
now on? Is it not possible to let this thing about Joan and Mario go?
It's bad enough trying to wade through the spam, and now this problem
arises......

How do I reach Joan, anyway? If she isn't going to fix her car I would
like to buy some of the parts she has if they are good so I can fix
mine.

Chris
Old November 18th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 18, 10:00 am, " > wrote:
> I post one message for help, I get a few valid replies and about 6
> messages about Mario. What the hell? Is this how it's going to be from
> now on? Is it not possible to let this thing about Joan and Mario go?
> It's bad enough trying to wade through the spam, and now this problem
> arises......
>
> How do I reach Joan, anyway? If she isn't going to fix her car I would
> like to buy some of the parts she has if they are good so I can fix
> mine.
>
> Chris

Could be that nobody has those parts to spare ?
I would try some salvage yards.

Randy
Old November 18th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

On Nov 18, 11:00 am, " > wrote:
> I post one message for help, I get a few valid replies and about 6
> messages about Mario. What the hell? Is this how it's going to be from
> now on? Is it not possible to let this thing about Joan and Mario go?
> It's bad enough trying to wade through the spam, and now this problem
> arises......
>
> How do I reach Joan, anyway? If she isn't going to fix her car I would
> like to buy some of the parts she has if they are good so I can fix
> mine.
>
> Chris

Go on theSamba and PM her - she's "Joan Julia". I have her email
address but am not sure if she wants that shared.
Wiz did mention he'd like to hold on to the bug for now to show that
workmanshipwreck around at shows - that's equally a good cause.

Old November 18th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis[_4_]

On Nov 18, 10:00 am, " > wrote:
> I post one message for help, I get a few valid replies and about 6
> messages about Mario. What the hell? Is this how it's going to be from
> now on? Is it not possible to let this thing about Joan and Mario go?
> It's bad enough trying to wade through the spam, and now this problem
> arises......
>
> How do I reach Joan, anyway? If she isn't going to fix her car I would
> like to buy some of the parts she has if they are good so I can fix
> mine.
>
> Chris

Hang in there Chris. If the Mario virus infects your post just re-
post so the sane ones can help. Do not say the "M" word three times
in a row or you may fall into the Zombi like conditions that has
consumed so many of our former members.
Old November 19th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan

Remco wrote:
> On Nov 18, 11:00 am, " > wrote:
>
>>I post one message for help, I get a few valid replies and about 6
>>messages about Mario. What the hell? Is this how it's going to be from
>>now on? Is it not possible to let this thing about Joan and Mario go?
>>It's bad enough trying to wade through the spam, and now this problem
>>arises......
>>
>>How do I reach Joan, anyway? If she isn't going to fix her car I would
>>like to buy some of the parts she has if they are good so I can fix
>>mine.
>>
>>Chris

> Go on theSamba and PM her - she's "Joan Julia". I have her email
> address but am not sure if she wants that shared.
> Wiz did mention he'd like to hold on to the bug for now to show that
> workmanshipwreck around at shows - that's equally a good cause.

I wish he'd spend his time on FIXING the damn bug

Jan
Old November 19th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Remco[_1_]

On Nov 19, 8:25 am, Jan > wrote:
> Remco wrote:
> > On Nov 18, 11:00 am, " > wrote:

> >>I post one message for help, I get a few valid replies and about 6
> >>messages about Mario. What the hell? Is this how it's going to be from
> >>now on? Is it not possible to let this thing about Joan and Mario go?
> >>It's bad enough trying to wade through the spam, and now this problem
> >>arises......

> >>How do I reach Joan, anyway? If she isn't going to fix her car I would
> >>like to buy some of the parts she has if they are good so I can fix
> >>mine.

> >>Chris

> > Go on theSamba and PM her - she's "Joan Julia". I have her email
> > address but am not sure if she wants that shared.
> > Wiz did mention he'd like to hold on to the bug for now to show that
> > workmanshipwreck around at shows - that's equally a good cause.

> I wish he'd spend his time on FIXING the damn bug
>
> Jan- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I agree that I'd love to see that bug fixed myself but, looking
at the pictures, not sure how economically viable that option is with
it having to be done by someone that does this for a living. One of
the pictures shows a rot hole in one of the channels so you know those
need to be replaced. The framehead is toast so she'll likely need a
new framehead or pan - all major work.
Mine was (well, "is" when it comes to certain parts) in an equally bad
shape but I work on it as a hobby, where one can allow for virtually
unlimited time to work on things. Whomever will do the work for her
needs to pay bills and make money.

Not sure what Joan's plans are.
Regardless, hope Joan can find some closure to all this and end up
rolling around in an ACVW one day (this one or a new one).
Old November 19th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On Nov 19, 5:23 am, Jan > wrote:
> wrote:
> > I post one message for help, I get a few valid replies and about 6
> > messages about Mario. What the hell? Is this how it's going to be from
> > now on? Is it not possible to let this thing about Joan and Mario go?
> > It's bad enough trying to wade through the spam, and now this problem
> > arises......

> > How do I reach Joan, anyway? If she isn't going to fix her car I would
> > like to buy some of the parts she has if they are good so I can fix
> > mine.

> > Chris

> I know.
>
> People, STOP posting your links as standard reply to Mario.
> It has now become the worst SPAM in this group. You are not helping anyone.
>
> Jan

I disagree. The more people that know about that piece of ****, the
better.
Old November 19th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

> I will REPEAT, once AGAIN: The damn spam you keep posting, does not
> DISAPPEAR. It stays on the news serves for all new readers to see. In
> fact, it cannot be missed. You have reached your goal, now you are
> starting to **** people off more than Mario himself.
> Grow up, people, sheesh.
> You are no longer doing anyone a favor.
>
> Jan