upcoming Laguna Seca - Miata event

Old February 22nd 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default upcoming Laguna Seca - Miata event

Anybody here planning to be there? I'm scheming real hard to figure out a
way to do it. It's ~1800 miles each way for me! Looks like too much fun to
pass up though.

Chris
99BBB

Old February 22nd 09, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:01:03 -0600, "Chris D'Agnolo"
> wrote:

>Anybody here planning to be there? I'm scheming real hard to figure out a
>way to do it. It's ~1800 miles each way for me! Looks like too much fun to
>pass up though.
>
>Chris
>99BBB

I've raced at Laguna Seca.....and if the opportunity arose to run an
MX5 around there I'd grab it!!!!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old February 22nd 09, 01:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> Anybody here planning to be there? I'm scheming real hard to figure out
> a way to do it. It's ~1800 miles each way for me! Looks like too much
> fun to pass up though.
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

I guess that would make it about 175 miles or so less each way for me,
but it doesn't look good. I will try to make California this year, but I
will be far south of Monterey and probably several months too late for
the event.

Pat
Old February 24th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

I'm try to finagle something involving my little brother in Phoenix. Gotta
decide quick though, spots are dwindling for the track days!

Chris
99BBB

Old February 24th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Anybody here planning to be there? I'm scheming real hard to
> figure out a way to do it. It's ~1800 miles each way for me! Looks
> like too much fun to pass up though.

Hmmmm, I'll be in San Marcos around St. Patrick's day... That's about
as far away as leaving from Phoenix and I'll be Miataless as I need the
van with the backpacker if I'm going to do anything while I'm there...

What's a backpacker?
http://www.pridemobility.com/silvers...packerplus.asp

So it looks like it's impossible for me.

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old February 25th 09, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Too bad you're going to be in San Marcos in a van! There's some of TX's best
roads very close by there.

Chris
99BBB

. ..

Old February 25th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Too bad you're going to be in San Marcos in a van! There's some of
> TX's best roads very close by there.

Why are some of TX's best roads in Californicate?

http://www.ci.san-marcos.ca.us/

I notice there's also a San Marcos in some other country somewhere in
northern Mexico, the place the Mexicans call "Texas?" <GD&R>

You can't find roads much better than the route I take to San Marcos,
state 371 from Palm Desert to Aguanga and state 79 into Temecula are
great Miata roads, I'll probably be screeching tires and sliding at
25mph... <sigh>

But I'll be doing the tourist thing and I have to have the scooter to
get around... I'll be taking in the zoo and/or Wild Animal park and I
can rent scooters there but I can't walk from the parking lot to the
gate at the zoo, the WAP is a maybe...

Old February 25th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Oops, there goes that ass-u-me-ing thing, eh? I thunked you were going to be
here;
http://www.ci.san-marcos.tx.us/tourism/

cd
99bbb

. ..

Old February 26th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Oops, there goes that ass-u-me-ing thing, eh? I thunked you were
> going to be here;
> http://www.ci.san-marcos.tx.us/tourism/

No, gonna stay in the US so I don't have to get a passport and all
those shots.

Of course some may argue that Californicate is not only a different
country but also a different planet. <G>

Is there anyone I haven't offended yet? I have a couple more minutes
before I have to go.... ;-)

Old February 26th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> No, gonna stay in the US so I don't have to get a passport and all
> those shots.
>
> Of course some may argue that Californicate is not only a different
> country but also a different planet. <G>

The ground shakes, the mud slides and the forests burn, plus the
Governor is The Terminator.

There is also high-grade medicinal marijuana available from vending
machines in parts of California, or so I have heard anyway..............
Sure sounds like a different planet to me.

> Is there anyone I haven't offended yet? I have a couple more minutes
> before I have to go.... ;-)

You have left the east coast and the midwest untouched, and that is just
for the US. I have faith in you. :-)

Pat

Upcoming show - So Cal Padraig Auto Photos 0 July 10th 07 06:19 PM
1994 Laguna Blue Miata For Sale! glenf Mazda 1 June 27th 06 05:23 AM
Anyone demoing GTL at the Monterrey Historics @ Laguna Seca? [email protected] Simulators 0 June 2nd 06 02:23 AM
Upcoming Cars The Office Jet Driving 10 April 5th 05 02:41 PM
RT: Upcoming Events Spike Ford Mustang 0 March 22nd 05 01:07 AM