Tire Chains

Old December 26th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John C.

Default Tire Chains

I've been looking at tire chains for the Cobra.

I really can't be bothered with snow tires, what with swapping on and off
and storage. It's very rare that I even get caught in a storm so I just want
something that will let me _move_ over snow, if need be.

The impetus for this purchase was a storm last friday that left me
completely immobile on about a 1% grade less than a mile from home. DOH!
These tires just float on the white stuff.

If anybody could recommend a good set of chains to fit on a 275/35/18 tire,
I'm all ears. The ones I'm looking at are Z-chains.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!
--
John C.
'03 Cobra Convt.

Old December 26th 08, 04:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_9_]

John C. wrote:
> I've been looking at tire chains for the Cobra.
>
> I really can't be bothered with snow tires, what with swapping on and
> off and storage. It's very rare that I even get caught in a storm so I
> just want something that will let me _move_ over snow, if need be.
>
> The impetus for this purchase was a storm last friday that left me
> completely immobile on about a 1% grade less than a mile from home. DOH!
> These tires just float on the white stuff.
>
> If anybody could recommend a good set of chains to fit on a 275/35/18
> tire, I'm all ears. The ones I'm looking at are Z-chains.
>
> Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Cable chains are nice and light. I have a set of Cobra's for my Ranger
and they role up neatly into a little plastic box. Got me home from ten
miles away.
Old December 26th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John Verdi[_2_]

I've "toyed" with the idea of putting chains on the Shelby myself, but I
decided against it when I thought about what happens if a piece breaks
loose. I carry a spray can of instant traction in the trunk in case I ever
get stuck by a surprise storm. Don't know if it will work, but I hope I
never find out.

John C. V.
Delaware
'08 Shelby GT500

Old December 27th 08, 10:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Les Benn[_2_]

"John C." > wrote in message
> I've been looking at tire chains for the Cobra.
>
> I really can't be bothered with snow tires, what with swapping on and off
> and storage. It's very rare that I even get caught in a storm so I just
> want something that will let me _move_ over snow, if need be.
>
> The impetus for this purchase was a storm last friday that left me
> completely immobile on about a 1% grade less than a mile from home. DOH!
> These tires just float on the white stuff.
>
> If anybody could recommend a good set of chains to fit on a 275/35/18
> tire, I'm all ears. The ones I'm looking at are Z-chains.
>
> Thanks and Happy Holidays!!
> --
> John C.
> '03 Cobra Convt.
> '00 Cobra R

tire chains are far better than snow tires, but the cost is if they break,
with the new plastic cars you might lose a fender. as it will beat your car
to death in a few seconds probably before you can stop

Come along, jerk strap, and tire chains [email protected] Jeep 43 January 26th 07 01:51 AM
Emergency Tire Chains [email protected] VW water cooled 1 December 6th 05 01:58 PM
Audi B6 S4 cam chains marcus Audi 2 August 13th 05 09:06 PM
Belt or Chains Paul Aspinall Audi 2 June 15th 05 04:00 PM
Chains Matt Saturn 4 January 21st 05 04:27 PM