Future of Ford

Old November 19th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
72 Mach1

Default Future of Ford

If the administration of Ford were interested in ensuring the future of this
automotive company, wouldn't it make sense for them to voluntarily take a
pay cut in an effort to make Ford sustainable. I realize that going from
$10 million plus or even $20 million plus to perhaps a lowly $1 million
could seriously crimp your food budget, but it would sure send a strong
message to the employees you at present are taking the hit, and perhaps an
even bigger message to the consumer public. I find a hand out ( some call
it a bail out ) hard to justify when the administration is so top heavy and
over paid and refusing to take responsibility for their decisions and the
company they run.
Just my 2 cents worth. If I was a CEO, this could quite possibly be my $10
000.00 worth.
Rick

Old November 20th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:21:05 -0600, "72 Mach1" >
wrote:

>If the administration of Ford were interested in ensuring the future of this
>automotive company, wouldn't it make sense for them to voluntarily take a
>pay cut in an effort to make Ford sustainable. I realize that going from
>$10 million plus or even $20 million plus to perhaps a lowly $1 million
>could seriously crimp your food budget, but it would sure send a strong
>message to the employees you at present are taking the hit, and perhaps an
>even bigger message to the consumer public. I find a hand out ( some call
>it a bail out ) hard to justify when the administration is so top heavy and
>over paid and refusing to take responsibility for their decisions and the
>company they run.
>Just my 2 cents worth. If I was a CEO, this could quite possibly be my $10
>000.00 worth.
>Rick

Congress asked the "delegation" from the top three that same question
today. In fact, one of the "key questions" was: How did you get to
Washington today?" Answers from all the "CEO delegates" ranged from:
"My corprate jet" to: "The company jet" nobody used commerical
transportation to get there... Sort of like the congressional
delegation telling us to save gas/drive smaller cars... have you ever
looked behind the Capitol at the vast array of black
surburbans/yukons,expeditions???? Save money? drive small cars????
The message from all these jerks seems to be: "YOU do it, I'm above
that trivial stuff"

I find it "amazing/amusing" that these "better than the average joe"
executives find it beneath themselves to beg from Congress while
wearing thousand dollar suits, staying in the best hotels and
travelling to the "begging station" in private jets... Sort of like
the beggar on the street corner driving up in his new Mercedes to
rattle a tin cup for quarters.....
Old November 21st 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_42_]

wrote in
:

> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:21:05 -0600, "72 Mach1" >
> wrote:
>
>>If the administration of Ford were interested in ensuring the future
>>of this automotive company, wouldn't it make sense for them to
>>voluntarily take a pay cut in an effort to make Ford sustainable. I
>>realize that going from $10 million plus or even $20 million plus to
>>perhaps a lowly $1 million could seriously crimp your food budget, but
>>it would sure send a strong message to the employees you at present
>>are taking the hit, and perhaps an even bigger message to the consumer
>>public. I find a hand out ( some call it a bail out ) hard to justify
>>when the administration is so top heavy and over paid and refusing to
>>take responsibility for their decisions and the company they run.
>>Just my 2 cents worth. If I was a CEO, this could quite possibly be
>>my $10 000.00 worth.
>>Rick
>>

> Congress asked the "delegation" from the top three that same question
> today. In fact, one of the "key questions" was: How did you get to
> Washington today?" Answers from all the "CEO delegates" ranged from:
> "My corprate jet" to: "The company jet" nobody used commerical
> transportation to get there... Sort of like the congressional
> delegation telling us to save gas/drive smaller cars... have you ever
> looked behind the Capitol at the vast array of black
> surburbans/yukons,expeditions???? Save money? drive small cars????
> The message from all these jerks seems to be: "YOU do it, I'm above
> that trivial stuff"
>
> I find it "amazing/amusing" that these "better than the average joe"
> executives find it beneath themselves to beg from Congress while
> wearing thousand dollar suits, staying in the best hotels and
> travelling to the "begging station" in private jets... Sort of like
> the beggar on the street corner driving up in his new Mercedes to
> rattle a tin cup for quarters.....

You'll love this:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...her-be-flying/

Freakin' idiots. At this point, I wouldn't buy a car from these morons
just on principle.
Old November 21st 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Columbotrek

Joe wrote:
> wrote in
> :
>
>> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:21:05 -0600, "72 Mach1" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> If the administration of Ford were interested in ensuring the future
>>> of this automotive company, wouldn't it make sense for them to
>>> voluntarily take a pay cut in an effort to make Ford sustainable. I
>>> realize that going from $10 million plus or even $20 million plus to
>>> perhaps a lowly $1 million could seriously crimp your food budget, but
>>> it would sure send a strong message to the employees you at present
>>> are taking the hit, and perhaps an even bigger message to the consumer
>>> public. I find a hand out ( some call it a bail out ) hard to justify
>>> when the administration is so top heavy and over paid and refusing to
>>> take responsibility for their decisions and the company they run.
>>> Just my 2 cents worth. If I was a CEO, this could quite possibly be
>>> my $10 000.00 worth.
>>> Rick
>>>

>> Congress asked the "delegation" from the top three that same question
>> today. In fact, one of the "key questions" was: How did you get to
>> Washington today?" Answers from all the "CEO delegates" ranged from:
>> "My corprate jet" to: "The company jet" nobody used commerical
>> transportation to get there... Sort of like the congressional
>> delegation telling us to save gas/drive smaller cars... have you ever
>> looked behind the Capitol at the vast array of black
>> surburbans/yukons,expeditions???? Save money? drive small cars????
>> The message from all these jerks seems to be: "YOU do it, I'm above
>> that trivial stuff"
>>
>> I find it "amazing/amusing" that these "better than the average joe"
>> executives find it beneath themselves to beg from Congress while
>> wearing thousand dollar suits, staying in the best hotels and
>> travelling to the "begging station" in private jets... Sort of like
>> the beggar on the street corner driving up in his new Mercedes to
>> rattle a tin cup for quarters.....

> You'll love this:

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...her-be-flying/

> Freakin' idiots. At this point, I wouldn't buy a car from these morons
> just on principle.

The New York Times is a Marxist's rag. Their bloggers are just useful
dupes. My reply to them would have been more to the tune of. Do you fly
commercial or private when you travel back to your district? Were is
the outrage of Nancy Palosi demanding a bigger jet so she can travel non
stop to California? Are those democrats for real? They are shameless.
Can't the see the irony of demanding one standard for everyone else
and another one for themselves? Does anyone expect to see Barry Obama
(the biggest phony I have ever seen in my 52 years) in a Hybrid
motorcade? Although I am sure he will demand every one else do ride
sharing in what ever jap crap he approves of. He can just bite me if he
thinks I will submit to any of this plans.

Old November 21st 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Frank ess

Columbotrek wrote:
> Joe wrote:
>> wrote in
>> :

>>> Congress asked the "delegation" from the top three that same
>>> question today. In fact, one of the "key questions" was: How
>>> did you get to Washington today?" Answers from all the "CEO
>>> delegates" ranged from: "My corprate jet" to: "The company jet"
>>> nobody used commerical transportation to get there... Sort of
>>> like the congressional delegation telling us to save gas/drive
>>> smaller cars... have you ever looked behind the Capitol at the
>>> vast array of black surburbans/yukons,expeditions???? Save
>>> money? drive small cars???? The message from all these jerks
>>> seems to be: "YOU do it, I'm above that trivial stuff"
>>>
>>> I find it "amazing/amusing" that these "better than the average
>>> joe" executives find it beneath themselves to beg from Congress
>>> while wearing thousand dollar suits, staying in the best hotels
>>> and travelling to the "begging station" in private jets... Sort
>>> of like the beggar on the street corner driving up in his new
>>> Mercedes to rattle a tin cup for quarters.....

>> You'll love this:

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...her-be-flying/

>> Freakin' idiots. At this point, I wouldn't buy a car from these
>> morons just on principle.

> The New York Times is a Marxist's rag. Their bloggers are just
> useful dupes. My reply to them would have been more to the tune of.
> Do you fly commercial or private when you travel back to your
> district? Were is the outrage of Nancy Palosi demanding a bigger
> jet so she can travel non stop to California? Are those democrats
> for real? They are shameless. Can't the see the irony of
> demanding one standard for everyone else
> and another one for themselves? Does anyone expect to see Barry
> Obama (the biggest phony I have ever seen in my 52 years) in a
> Hybrid motorcade? Although I am sure he will demand every one else
> do ride sharing in what ever jap crap he approves of. He can just
> bite me if he thinks I will submit to any of this plans.

Try not to hold back; burying your feelings can damage your health

--
Frank ess
Old November 22nd 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:22:23 -0800, "Frank ess" >
wrote:

>Columbotrek wrote:
>> Joe wrote:
>>> wrote in
>>> :

>>> You'll love this:

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...her-be-flying/

>>> Freakin' idiots. At this point, I wouldn't buy a car from these
>>> morons just on principle.

>> The New York Times is a Marxist's rag. Their bloggers are just
>> useful dupes. My reply to them would have been more to the tune of.
>> Do you fly commercial or private when you travel back to your
>> district? Were is the outrage of Nancy Palosi demanding a bigger
>> jet so she can travel non stop to California? Are those democrats
>> for real? They are shameless. Can't the see the irony of
>> demanding one standard for everyone else
>> and another one for themselves? Does anyone expect to see Barry
>> Obama (the biggest phony I have ever seen in my 52 years) in a
>> Hybrid motorcade? Although I am sure he will demand every one else
>> do ride sharing in what ever jap crap he approves of. He can just
>> bite me if he thinks I will submit to any of this plans.

>Try not to hold back; burying your feelings can damage your health

HEHE yup, said with the conviction to enforce true feelings.

As I said in the original post, just look behind Congress at what they
drive, look at how the top 3 got to Washington, Obvious to me none
of them have to work for a living. Would be terrible to think the
only callouses I got on my hands were from watering my prize orchids
or bringing in some firewood after the maid/butler left for the
evening. <sigh> What a terrible life
Old November 22nd 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_123_]

wrote in news:rpmei4turdgrescof89u0133g5hl13rc7p@
4ax.com:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 12:22:23 -0800, "Frank ess" >
> wrote:
>

>>Columbotrek wrote:
>>> Joe wrote:

wrote in

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...her-be-flying/

>>> The New York Times is a Marxist's rag. Their bloggers are just
>>> useful dupes. My reply to them would have been more to the tune of.
>>> Do you fly commercial or private when you travel back to your
>>> district? Were is the outrage of Nancy Palosi demanding a bigger
>>> jet so she can travel non stop to California? Are those democrats
>>> for real? They are shameless. Can't the see the irony of
>>> demanding one standard for everyone else
>>> and another one for themselves? Does anyone expect to see Barry
>>> Obama (the biggest phony I have ever seen in my 52 years) in a
>>> Hybrid motorcade? Although I am sure he will demand every one else
>>> do ride sharing in what ever jap crap he approves of. He can just
>>> bite me if he thinks I will submit to any of this plans.

>>Try not to hold back; burying your feelings can damage your health

> HEHE yup, said with the conviction to enforce true feelings.
>
> As I said in the original post, just look behind Congress at what they
> drive, look at how the top 3 got to Washington, Obvious to me none
> of them have to work for a living. Would be terrible to think the
> only callouses I got on my hands were from watering my prize orchids
> or bringing in some firewood after the maid/butler left for the
> evening. <sigh> What a terrible life

So let's call a spade a spade. Those three goons should burn in hell
right next to Paulson, who should be sitting right next to Bush. None
of the aforementioned give a rat's ass about any of us.

Please - prove me wrong.

Patrick, dwight, Michael (if y'all are still here) - comments?
Old November 22nd 08, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
dwight[_1_]

"Joe" > wrote in message

> So let's call a spade a spade. Those three goons should burn in hell
> right next to Paulson, who should be sitting right next to Bush. None
> of the aforementioned give a rat's ass about any of us.
>
> Please - prove me wrong.
>
> Patrick, dwight, Michael (if y'all are still here) - comments?

The whole problem with Detroit is that they keep giving us the vehicles we
want, not the vehicles we should have or that would make sense in a changing
world.

The American buying public is a fickle beast, and Detroit has always been a
beat behind in the dance. We wanted SUVs and horsepower, they set about
giving us that. A small minority decided to be environmentally aware, so
they started to develop green vehicles as a small minority of their
offerings.

I don't blame Detroit for building cars to suit the market.

Problem is, the market did an about-face, and we all know that Detroit
doesn't (can't) react that fast. What do they do with all of the leftover
SUVs, while they scramble to remake the product line? We all get to feel
self-righteous, while Detroit is left holding the bag that used to be our
wish list.

I say, give 'em the damn loan, make sure that they survive, and give them
time to develop the vehicles of the future. GM is already gambling
everything on the Volt, even while Ford has just unveiled the 2010 Mustang.
You can bet that next year's auto show will feature a somewhat different
focus from Detroit.

dwight

Old November 22nd 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
GILL[_9_]

dwight wrote:
> "Joe" > wrote in message
>> So let's call a spade a spade. Those three goons should burn in hell
>> right next to Paulson, who should be sitting right next to Bush. None
>> of the aforementioned give a rat's ass about any of us.
>>
>> Please - prove me wrong.
>>
>> Patrick, dwight, Michael (if y'all are still here) - comments?

> The whole problem with Detroit is that they keep giving us the vehicles we
> want, not the vehicles we should have or that would make sense in a changing
> world.
>
> The American buying public is a fickle beast, and Detroit has always been a
> beat behind in the dance. We wanted SUVs and horsepower, they set about
> giving us that. A small minority decided to be environmentally aware, so
> they started to develop green vehicles as a small minority of their
> offerings.
>
> I don't blame Detroit for building cars to suit the market.
>
> Problem is, the market did an about-face, and we all know that Detroit
> doesn't (can't) react that fast. What do they do with all of the leftover
> SUVs, while they scramble to remake the product line? We all get to feel
> self-righteous, while Detroit is left holding the bag that used to be our
> wish list.
>
> I say, give 'em the damn loan, make sure that they survive, and give them
> time to develop the vehicles of the future. GM is already gambling
> everything on the Volt, even while Ford has just unveiled the 2010 Mustang.
> You can bet that next year's auto show will feature a somewhat different
> focus from Detroit.
>
> dwight

Sounds about what Pelosi wants. I'm tired of hearing how the sky is
falling and our taxes are needed for MORE government programs!
Let them go into chapter 11, get rid of all the FAT (we know it floats
to the top) and that includes the UAW too.
I swear the Dims are going to push a LITTLE too much.

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old November 22nd 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 22:18:23 -0500, "dwight" >
wrote:

>"Joe" > wrote in message
. ..

>> So let's call a spade a spade. Those three goons should burn in hell
>> right next to Paulson, who should be sitting right next to Bush. None
>> of the aforementioned give a rat's ass about any of us.
>>
>> Please - prove me wrong.
>>
>> Patrick, dwight, Michael (if y'all are still here) - comments?

>The whole problem with Detroit is that they keep giving us the vehicles we
>want, not the vehicles we should have or that would make sense in a changing
>world.
>
>The American buying public is a fickle beast, and Detroit has always been a
>beat behind in the dance. We wanted SUVs and horsepower, they set about
>giving us that. A small minority decided to be environmentally aware, so
>they started to develop green vehicles as a small minority of their
>offerings.
>
>I don't blame Detroit for building cars to suit the market.
>
>Problem is, the market did an about-face, and we all know that Detroit
>doesn't (can't) react that fast. What do they do with all of the leftover
>SUVs, while they scramble to remake the product line? We all get to feel
>self-righteous, while Detroit is left holding the bag that used to be our
>wish list.
>
>I say, give 'em the damn loan, make sure that they survive, and give them
>time to develop the vehicles of the future. GM is already gambling
>everything on the Volt, even while Ford has just unveiled the 2010 Mustang.
>You can bet that next year's auto show will feature a somewhat different
>focus from Detroit.
>
>dwight

I agree in part. Detroit gives us what they "THINK" we want. I
really wanted that Escape Hybrid. Truthfully, I wanted one about 5
years ago, but the only thing available then was a prototype Toyota
Prius. We held off and continued to drive our 1999 Mountaineer hoping
for something from Detroit. Finally, last year, the Escape was
available in numbers that allowed me to deal on buying one. We
balked, at the last minute when we heard the 2009 would have upgraded
engine/transmission. We waited and I'm glad we did. Problem with
Detroit is that they have just now started working to give us the
choice. At the same time, Toyota is on the 3rd generation Prius while
they are still giving us the big gas hungry 4x4's and big SUV's.
Toyota offered velhicles for BOTH sides of the market. The big three
failed to do that in any serious attempt. To add insult to injury,
some of the best econcomy cars in Europe are Fords and they meet damn
near every requirement for sale here and could be a "SMASH HIT" if
only Ford would have marketed them here last year. But no... they
elected to build more SUV's, rebadge the 500 as a Taurus, crawl in bed
with Carrol Shelby and keep marketing the high profit "BIG" vehicles.
Ford marketed to the Soccer Mom that she needed a Ford F150 6 pack 4x4
to take her kids to the game on Saturday morning !!!! Chrysler, the
birth parent of the K-car with its small 4 banger has become a maker
of some of the biggest rear wheel drive dinosaurs on the planet. GM
follows suit. yeah, they give many what we want, but they do so while
ignoring the rest of us with our desire for smaller, fuel efficient
cars that are more than noisy tin boxes with a 3 cylinder 4 speed
gearbox. I think the profit margin in the Escalade is much higher
than in the Fiesta, so why would GM, Ford and Chrysler continue to
market the big one? GREED !!!!!!!!!!!! many of us wanted them, but
a big majority of us wanted smaller vehicles and the big 3 didn't
respond. That's why so many of us went to Kia, Hyundai, Nissan,
Toyota. No I haven't bought one yet, but my brother in law who
retired from GM about 5 years ago just bought a Kia Sportage. Loyalty?
Not a chance, He's caught in the grip of damn near bankrupcy and saw
that as his only option. I can't say I blame him, he has to feed his
family as well as get to work at his second career. He could have
bought a Blazer or a Jimmy for almos the same money, but operating it
at $4.50 a gallon would have made it sit while he walked to work.
That's the best GM could do for him at the time. He had to walk away
from the company that gave him his future ????

I really believe the technology is there to build quality small cars
that get damn near double the current mileage standards, but that will
take investment, lower the profit margin that greed mandates the top 3
maintain and it's not in their economic future to give us what we
currently need. Now they want the taxpayer to not only buy their
product, they want us to subsidize their production of what they
offer.

We do need the top 3. Remember we are still at war, there's a really
good chance that we'll wind up facing hostility for a number of years,
we need tanks, jeeps, military vehicles to support those demands. The
top three produce those vehicles for the military, if they go belly
up, so does the "war making machine" in our industrial base. We need
Detroit, but not in their current form and certaninly not wiht the
assholes who flew to Washington in luxury with their tin cups. They
need to get a grip on reality, cinch their belts and get hungry like
the rest of us. Then, and only then will Detroit start being
competetive again. We've got the ability, but the leadership in
Detroit is not as interested in America' well being as they are in
their own profit margin. No, not GM's, Ford's and Chrysler's profit
margin, in THEIR profit margin. there are 3 men raping America
right now and they need to get a grip, get hungry and realize what
their assembly line workers face every day.