how do i disengage navigation

Old April 30th 07, 12:44 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Derwood

Default how do i disengage navigation

on a 525 e60 when i have selected an address and the car is travelling
to the address how do i quickly disengage to stop the guidance.. at
present i stop the car and when i restart i am prompted to either
continue guidance or not. surely there has got to be an easier way
than this.

Old April 30th 07, 04:05 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Hakvinius

Derwood skrev:
> on a 525 e60 when i have selected an address and the car is
> travelling to the address how do i quickly disengage to stop the
> guidance.. at present i stop the car and when i restart i am prompted
> to either continue guidance or not. surely there has got to be an
> easier way than this.

Yes! You go back to the navigation main screen. Turn the knob until the
address you put in at the start of the journey is highlighted. Press the
knob. Now a menu appears. In that menu, you can deselect the destination.

(This is valid if you have a car with the "professional" nav system)
Old April 30th 07, 10:20 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:05:50 GMT, Hakvinius > wrote:

>Derwood skrev:
>> on a 525 e60 when i have selected an address and the car is
>> travelling to the address how do i quickly disengage to stop the
>> guidance.. at present i stop the car and when i restart i am prompted
>> to either continue guidance or not. surely there has got to be an
>> easier way than this.
>>

>Yes! You go back to the navigation main screen. Turn the knob until the
>address you put in at the start of the journey is highlighted. Press the
>knob. Now a menu appears. In that menu, you can deselect the destination.
>
>(This is valid if you have a car with the "professional" nav system)

On the other hand - READ THE BLOODY MANUAL
Old May 1st 07, 01:55 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Derwood

On May 1, 9:32 am, Hakvinius > wrote:
> skrev:
>

> > On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:05:50 GMT, Hakvinius >
> > wrote:

> >> Yes! You go back to the navigation main screen. Turn the knob until
> >> the address you put in at the start of the journey is highlighted.
> >> Press the knob. Now a menu appears. In that menu, you can deselect
> >> the destination.

> >> (This is valid if you have a car with the "professional" nav
> >> system)

> > On the other hand - READ THE BLOODY MANUAL

> It's not that obvious in the manual. In fact, when it comes to
> navigation, the manual is quite lousy.

there does not appear to be any refernce in tbemanual
mine is not the professional system
any thoughts

Old May 2nd 07, 02:42 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
BMW Guy[_2_]

On my E39, I just 'Delete the Destination' and no more prompts... Do you
have an option like this? It only deletes the destination from the current
trip (not the history or address book).

Hope it helps...

Mike

Old May 2nd 07, 04:43 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

On 30 Apr 2007 17:55:01 -0700, Derwood > wrote:

>On May 1, 9:32 am, Hakvinius > wrote:
>> skrev:

>> > On the other hand - READ THE BLOODY MANUAL

>> It's not that obvious in the manual. In fact, when it comes to
>> navigation, the manual is quite lousy.

>there does not appear to be any refernce in tbemanual
>mine is not the professional system
>any thoughts

Using the iDrive knob - push down and where it says "route directions" at the
top is there a tick (check) there if so then twist the knob until the text is
highlighted and push down on the iDrive knob to switch off the route direction.