tour de alps

Old March 11th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Manfred Braun

Default tour de alps

some pics of our last tour de alpes
http://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/bilder/...006/alpenfahrt

Manfred
--
www.superbeetle.de
Old March 11th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Manfred Braun

Manfred Braun schrieb:

> some pics of our last tour de alpes
> http://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/bilder/...006/alpenfahrt
>

> Manfred

Traveling in Aircooled VWs from Germany to Austria, Italy and back in 5
Days, about 1000 miles great landscape and best weather in the
mountains. Climbing up with bug, bus, ghia, thing to the 3798 meter high
grossglockner high alpine road. Drive in the Dolomiten over
Stallersattel, Antholzer Tal, Pustertal, Passo di Falzarego, Passo
Pordoj, Sellajoch, Grödnerjoch, Gardatal and back over the Antholzer Tal
and Stallersattel. We also visit the Porsche Constructon Office, the
Porsche Museum Pfeifhofer and the Porsche-Park in Gmünd, the Schüttgut
with Porsches Burial Place in Zell am See, stop on some "Autoschrauber"
on the way and we had much fun.

http://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/bilder/...006/alpenfahrt
Old March 12th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis[_4_]

On Mar 11, 4:11 pm, Manfred Braun > wrote:
> some pics of our last tour de alpeshttp://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/bilder/index.php?folder=/bilder/fahrten/...
>
> Manfred
> --www.superbeetle.de

Great pictures. I went to the album "wolfsburg" and wow what a nice
tour of the factory. I, of course, enjoyed seeing the 79 Puma. I
have a question for some of you though. On page 5, pict 2266 through
2269 show an engine which seems to have a mechanical dist, bypass
filtration, dual carbs and custom exhaust. Pict 2267 shows a close up
of a plaque on the engine. Would those who can read it, translate it
for me? Thank you. Dennis

Old March 12th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bug '59

"Dennis" > schreef in bericht
ps.com...
> On Mar 11, 4:11 pm, Manfred Braun > wrote:
>> some pics of our last tour de
>> alpeshttp://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/bilder/index.php?folder=/bilder/fahrten/...
>>
>> Manfred
>> --www.superbeetle.de

> Great pictures. I went to the album "wolfsburg" and wow what a nice
> tour of the factory. I, of course, enjoyed seeing the 79 Puma. I
> have a question for some of you though. On page 5, pict 2266 through
> 2269 show an engine which seems to have a mechanical dist, bypass
> filtration, dual carbs and custom exhaust. Pict 2267 shows a close up
> of a plaque on the engine. Would those who can read it, translate it
> for me? Thank you. Dennis

I hope this translation will be suficient:

TDE Motorumbau
-> TDE engine modification

1700-Meteor S
-> I'm not sure but i believe it is an 1700cc engine "type meteor"

VW 1302s/1303s
-> probably a no brainer; superbeetle with stock 1600cc

75 Ps / 4600 U/min
-> 75 Hp at 4600 Rpm

Leihgabe
Theo Dekker Essen
-> Issued by Theo Dekker in Essen (TDE)

Roger

Old March 12th 07, 08:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Manfred Braun

Dennis schrieb:
> On Mar 11, 4:11 pm, Manfred Braun > wrote:
>> some pics of our last tour de alpeshttp://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/bilder/index.php?folder=/bilder/fahrten/...
>>
>> Manfred
>> --www.superbeetle.de

> Great pictures. I went to the album "wolfsburg" and wow what a nice
> tour of the factory. I, of course, enjoyed seeing the 79 Puma.

if you like Pumas, the Puma COI Europe was on our 2005 Stone Grandstand
Meeting (http://www.steintribuene.de)
http://www.pumadobrasil.de/pumadobra..._6treffen.html

> I have a question for some of you though. On page 5, pict 2266 through
> 2269 show an engine which seems to have a mechanical dist, bypass
> filtration, dual carbs and custom exhaust. Pict 2267 shows a close up
> of a plaque on the engine. Would those who can read it, translate it
> for me? Thank you.

Hi Dennis,

this is a engine from (Theo Decker Essen),

the history of TDE Tuning (in german)
http://www.tde-tuning.de/page/geschichte.html

TDE tuning was foundet in 1958 in Essen-Borbeck, the end was in 1980.
about 2001? the reopened for some special parts.
2003 Memminger rebuilt a old DTE Car
http://www.memminger.info/cms/front_...=&mylinkid=149

The Deckers also operate the ACB-Verlag (ACB publishing).
http://www.kdf-wagen.de/books/b/em.jpg see also the shop on
http://www.tde-tuning.de

Manfred

Old March 14th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dennis[_4_]

On Mar 12, 3:53 pm, Manfred Braun > wrote:
> Dennis schrieb:
>
> > On Mar 11, 4:11 pm, Manfred Braun > wrote:
> >> some pics of our last tour de alpeshttp://superbeetle.ktn-ev.de/bilder/index.php?folder=/bilder/fahrten/...

> >> Manfred
> >> --www.superbeetle.de

> > Great pictures. I went to the album "wolfsburg" and wow what a nice
> > tour of the factory. I, of course, enjoyed seeing the 79 Puma.

> if you like Pumas, the Puma COI Europe was on our 2005 Stone Grandstand
> Meeting (http://www.steintribuene.de)http://w..._6treffen.html
>

> > I have a question for some of you though. On page 5, pict 2266 through
> > 2269 show an engine which seems to have a mechanical dist, bypass
> > filtration, dual carbs and custom exhaust. Pict 2267 shows a close up
> > of a plaque on the engine. Would those who can read it, translate it
> > for me? Thank you.

> Hi Dennis,
>
> this is a engine from (Theo Decker Essen),
>
> the history of TDE Tuning (in german)http://www.tde-tuning.de/page/geschichte.html
>
> TDE tuning was foundet in 1958 in Essen-Borbeck, the end was in 1980.
> about 2001? the reopened for some special parts.
> 2003 Memminger rebuilt a old DTE Carhttp://www.memminger.info/cms/front_content.php?client=1&lang=1&idcat...
>
> The Deckers also operate the ACB-Verlag (ACB publishing).http://www.kdf-wagen.de/books/b/em.jpgsee also the shop onhttp://www.tde-tuning.de
>
> Manfred

Thank you for all the information. I enjoyed the Puma club site and
all the great cars in their gallery. Thank you for the engine info as
I agree with most of the modifications. Dennis

Factory tour joe_tide BMW 0 December 5th 06 12:20 PM
Fix for Toca RD3 World Tour Tier 32 Jeff Reid Simulators 2 March 10th 06 12:51 PM
Jeep Plant Tour Kenny Jeep 1 June 16th 05 01:25 AM