latest transaxle update

Old March 8th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dragenwagen

Default latest transaxle update

Wanna see something nasty? What shouldn't be in a transaxle?

http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen/pics/66wagen/yuck1.jpg

Well, thats the goopy grey crap that was filling the bottom 1/3 of my old
transaxle. Just goes to show ya what salt water IN the transaxle will do
for you. I scooped out a BIG handfull of it before I snapped the picture...
well I scrubbed up first, didn't want to get my camera all nasty...lol

Pulled the old transaxle today and took off the axle tubes and one of the
side covers... What a mess. Actually the transaxle came out in about an
hour or so, so it wasn't that bad pulling it. Now to get things cleaned up
and get the new transaxle in. Then I will get on the task of re-wiring the
car and cleaned up then finally to put in the new engine.... so many things
to do, so little time. But I'm sure there are those who like to follow
progress... so more pics to come.

http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen/pics/66wagen/yuck2.jpg

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
dragenwagen
1966 Type I
http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen
"Old VW"s don't leak oil, they mark their territory."
vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw

Old March 19th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
dragenwagen

ok i got the clutch issue worked out, now to clean everything up and start
to get the transaxle backing the car. But first I want to get everything
clean. I got some POR-15 and I am going to do the underside of the luggage
tray and some other places while I have everything out. Then I will do the
floor boards. I can't pull the whole car apart right now, but it would be
nice to get it back in to tip top shape. that's going to have to wait. But
atleast the whole engine/drive line will be new.

--
"dragenwagen" > wrote in message
> Wanna see something nasty? What shouldn't be in a transaxle?
>
> http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen/pics/66wagen/yuck1.jpg
>
> Well, thats the goopy grey crap that was filling the bottom 1/3 of my old
> transaxle. Just goes to show ya what salt water IN the transaxle will do
> for you. I scooped out a BIG handfull of it before I snapped the
> picture... well I scrubbed up first, didn't want to get my camera all
> nasty...lol
>
> Pulled the old transaxle today and took off the axle tubes and one of the
> side covers... What a mess. Actually the transaxle came out in about an
> hour or so, so it wasn't that bad pulling it. Now to get things cleaned
> up and get the new transaxle in. Then I will get on the task of
> re-wiring the car and cleaned up then finally to put in the new engine....
> so many things to do, so little time. But I'm sure there are those who
> like to follow progress... so more pics to come.
>
> http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen/pics/66wagen/yuck2.jpg
>

> vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
> dragenwagen
> 1966 Type I
> http://www.ramva.org/dragenwagen
> "Old VW"s don't leak oil, they mark their territory."
> vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw

Latest update on "Miata + Wing" in Austin pws Mazda 17 December 31st 06 02:55 PM
transaxle jdl Technology 9 May 23rd 05 04:31 AM
Latest FAQ update: EFI Main Relay operation TeGGer® Honda 1 March 18th 05 08:54 PM
Latest FAQ update: Main Relay operation TeGGer® Honda 2 March 18th 05 02:51 PM
Latest Update On Arizona Emissions Law Laurie S. Ford Mustang 1 February 17th 05 02:50 AM