Finally got my 71 Autostick home

Old March 18th 07, 07:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

Default Finally got my 71 Autostick home

I turned the key when I got home from church and the oil light came
on. I drove it in the back yard twice and then out it under the
carport and let it idle for 30 minutes. No problems but when I turned
it off no Oil light. I look the wire loose and touched it to so metal
and still nothing. Reconnected it and still nothing.

This car has a mind of it's own.

Old March 18th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

I turned my connector around that the wire is attached to and the
light came on. I'm going to let it run for a while and then turn it
off to see if it is still working.

Old March 18th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

Most of the time when I run the engine from a while and turn it off
the oil light will not come on when I turn the key on. But jiggling
the wire it comes on. When I turn it off even if it does come back on
with out jiggling the wire Only the generator wire shows when I turn
it off is this normal?

Thanks Steven

Old March 19th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Speedy Jim

Noice87 wrote:

> Most of the time when I run the engine from a while and turn it off
> the oil light will not come on when I turn the key on. But jiggling
> the wire it comes on. When I turn it off even if it does come back on
> with out jiggling the wire Only the generator wire shows when I turn
> it off is this normal?
>
> Thanks Steven

The GEN light will come on for a few seconds with the key off,
since the generator is still producing voltage until the engine spins
down.

The OIL light isn't powered by the gen, so it won't light with key off.

Jim
Old March 19th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Noice87

Thanks for the Info :-) Drove it to a local restraunt and then to
church and back. No problems.

Thanks Steven

autostick info Flea VW air cooled 5 December 23rd 06 04:57 AM
71 Autostick More Problems Noice87 VW air cooled 4 November 7th 06 12:05 PM
What is this for? 68 Autostick Noice87 VW air cooled 3 April 8th 06 05:01 PM
71 SB Autostick Anyone Know This Sound [email protected] VW air cooled 3 October 19th 05 09:45 PM
autostick rtchad VW air cooled 7 December 15th 04 10:36 PM