On the road again after 22yrs

Old March 14th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Default On the road again after 22yrs

The inspection sticker on the windsheild of my wife's 72 westy expired
this month 22 years ago in 1985.
I pulled this bus out of the junkyard about 6 months back and as soon
as my wife saw it she had to have it.
Well now with a rebuilt 1800, 4 new tires,It will be getting a new one
this week after I install the replacement windshield and rubber.

Over all the westy is in good shape, there has been body work on the
rear right corner (crack shows !/4"thick bondo) and the rt rocker has
rust thru, But I plan on doing the bare repair work and showing it at
some of the full moon bus camp outs before painting it.

I'm just happy that I have been able to drive it after its been
sitting for the last 22 years.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto

Old March 15th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

Do you have any pictures?

oups.com...

Old March 17th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Neil

Only 1/4" of bondo? I bet you can fix that real quick. Better not treat
anyone or call the sherff though.

> wrote in message
> Over all the westy is in good shape, there has been body work on the
> rear right corner (crack shows !/4"thick bondo) and the rt rocker has
> rust thru, But I plan on doing the bare repair work and showing it at
> some of the full moon bus camp outs before painting it.

Repost for new a.b.p.a. members: 1969 Plymouth Road Runner Hardtop Door Decal & Styled Steel Road Wheel Blue Fire Poly (2005 WW@WD DCTC)DSCN7190.jpg 259794 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Auto Photos 0 February 26th 07 11:36 AM
drive with kindness (road peace instead of road rage) dash2 Driving 42 January 6th 05 08:32 PM
CJ7 FS off-road Jeff 4x4 0 December 30th 04 01:23 AM
ALL OVER the road [email protected] Jeep 1 December 27th 04 03:59 PM
Best on-road and off-road tires? Andy R 4x4 3 September 23rd 04 09:45 AM