93 Cobra R...wow

Old December 3rd 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_5_]

Default 93 Cobra R...wow

AFTER you goto the local drag strip and rawhide the **** out of it!!

--
"Boy, I've spent my adult life dealing with people like you.
There are few things that intimidate me; and a
Old December 3rd 08, 09:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brad and Karen

"John C." > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
> On Nov 28, 4:06 am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:
>
>> Check out this Auto Trader Classic online ad for a 1993 Cobra R... the
>> price is, well....insane???

>> 1993 FORD MUSTANG , Cobra R, #51 of 107 built, 458 original miles, has
>> factory plastic on seats/carpet/steering wheel, kept in climate contolled
>> storage, 100% perfect/stock, has grease pen markings from assembly line,
>> comes with lots of documentation, including svt certificate, original
>> window sticker, $100,000 OBO

> I have to ask. After you spend a 100 grand on this thing, what do you
> do with it?
>

> Anything you want,...............except drive it. : ( That's just sad.
> --
> John C.
> '03 Cobra Convt.
> '00 Cobra R

Exactly my point to begin with. It's a life sized model. I have a 93 Cobra
with 48,000 hard miles on it. It sits in the garage all winter and I can't
wait to get it out every summer. A collector would buy this car but a
Mustang lover wouldn't (to just let it sit).

Brad

Old December 3rd 08, 12:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Repairman54

When ya got that much change for a collector car you've got money for a
"driver" , for that matter probably several modded driver cars to beat the
snot out of. That's how collectors keep the collector cars pristine, they
have other toys to get the need for speed out on. And they sell / swap them
out for new ones too.......

Old December 6th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Dec 3, 6:33*am, "Repairman54" >
wrote:
> When ya got that much change for a collector car you've got money for a
> "driver" , for that matter probably several modded driver cars to beat the
> snot out of. That's how collectors keep the collector cars pristine, they
> have other toys to get the need for speed out on. And they sell / swap them
> out for new ones too.......

Final judgment. Leave this R for the ones who have more dollars than
sense. Give me the R that's maybe been raced a few times, has some
bugs in the radiator, a few stone chips on the front of the hood and
has racked up about 60,000-80,000 miles on the odometer. I'd take
good care of it, but I'd drive it every chance I had.

Patrick

Old December 6th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Dec 6, 11:22*am, "WindsorFox<[SS]>" >
> > On Dec 3, 6:33 am, "Repairman54" >

> > Final judgment. *Leave this R for the ones who have more dollars than
> > sense. *Give me the R that's maybe been raced a few times, has some
> > bugs in the radiator, a few stone chips on the front of the hood and
> > has racked up about 60,000-80,000 miles on the odometer. *I'd take
> > good care of it, but I'd drive it every chance I had.

> * * Why choose an R code at all unless you actually do have investment
> in your mind somewhere?

To drive something unique that has a great philosophy behind it.

Patrick

Old December 8th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Dec 7, 3:52*am, "Brad and Karen" > wrote:
> "WindsorFox<[SS]>" > wrote in message

> > wrote:

> >> To drive something unique that has a great philosophy behind it.

> > * *Pfffff. I'd rather have a radio....

> No way. If I had this car, it'd have 20,000 miles on it by Xmas - most of
> them above 4,000rpm.

That's what I talking about!

Now I can see protecting a car from the elements (salt, snow and some
rain) and maybe not use it as an "everyday car" but to store it away
as some sort of artwork is a joke, IMO. Life's too short, enjoy the/
your ride.

Patrick