OK, what does 'lusso' actually mean....

Old May 9th 06, 07:45 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default OK, what does 'lusso' actually mean....

On a 1998 / 1999 156 2lt TSpark?

I know you get leather, but are there any other extras on top of that?

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 9th 06, 11:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

"SteveH" > wrote in message
. ..
> On a 1998 / 1999 156 2lt TSpark?
>
> I know you get leather, but are there any other extras on top of that?
>
> --
> Steve H 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
> http://www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - MZ ETZ300 - Alfa 75 TSpark
> Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
> BoTAFOT #87 - BoTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #

Possibly a middle headrest in the back, thats what mine has over a friends
Veloce. Unless it's an option...

Old May 10th 06, 05:37 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

In message >, SteveH
> writes
>On a 1998 / 1999 156 2lt TSpark?
>
>I know you get leather, but are there any other extras on top of that?

I think you get the alloys too but could be wrong.
--
Tom Harvey____________________________________________ _______________
http://www.harveyzone.com/ Home: tom(a)harveyzone.com
Old May 10th 06, 09:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Tom Harvey wrote:
> In message >, SteveH
> > writes
>
>> On a 1998 / 1999 156 2lt TSpark?
>>
>> I know you get leather, but are there any other extras on top of that?
>>

> I think you get the alloys too but could be wrong.

The (admittedly later - date 05/2000) brochure I've got says 15" alloys
on 2.0 T/Spark. Also titanium console, leather steering wheel. It's
actually a bit of a bugger to work out who gets what...

--
Halmyre

ceci, n'est pas un signature
Old May 11th 06, 09:58 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

On Wed, 10 May 2006 20:41:04 GMT, Halmyre > wrote:

> It's actually a bit of a bugger to work out who gets what...

No..it's worse than that. Around that time my local garage had about
20 156s which were a company order. Every colour and type possible.
The odd thing was that they were all (quote) "mis-builds". Every one
had something weird in the spec. From simple things like wrong spec
radios to really weird things like Lussos with Veloce black dials,
Veloce lowered suspension but lusso wheels and no side skirts.

The other thing that made specs a random thing was the torrent of
imports that were mixes of Euro and GB spec.

I'm reminded of a time many years ago when all "L" spec Cavaliers
magically became "GL" spec when appearing on the secondhand market.
I'd treat old 156 descriptions with similar disbelief (mostly for the
reasons outlined previously).

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old May 11th 06, 10:09 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Zathras > wrote:

> On Wed, 10 May 2006 20:41:04 GMT, Halmyre > wrote:
>
> > It's actually a bit of a bugger to work out who gets what...

> No..it's worse than that. Around that time my local garage had about
> 20 156s which were a company order. Every colour and type possible.
> The odd thing was that they were all (quote) "mis-builds". Every one
> had something weird in the spec. From simple things like wrong spec
> radios to really weird things like Lussos with Veloce black dials,
> Veloce lowered suspension but lusso wheels and no side skirts.
>
> The other thing that made specs a random thing was the torrent of
> imports that were mixes of Euro and GB spec.
>
> I'm reminded of a time many years ago when all "L" spec Cavaliers
> magically became "GL" spec when appearing on the secondhand market.
> I'd treat old 156 descriptions with similar disbelief (mostly for the
> reasons outlined previously).

A friend in the trade (he no longer works for an Alfa dealer) says that
you could effectively have anything you wanted when ordering a 156 -
they were built to order with the trim / spec combinations of the
customer's choice.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 11th 06, 10:47 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Zathras wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006 20:41:04 GMT, Halmyre > wrote:
>
>> It's actually a bit of a bugger to work out who gets what...

To add to the complication a post 2002 Veloce with leather has white
(silver) dials whereas cloth or sports leather have black...

> No..it's worse than that. Around that time my local garage had about
> 20 156s which were a company order. Every colour and type possible.
> The odd thing was that they were all (quote) "mis-builds". Every one
> had something weird in the spec. From simple things like wrong spec
> radios to really weird things like Lussos with Veloce black dials,
> Veloce lowered suspension but lusso wheels and no side skirts.

My 2003 Veloce was missing the rear middle headrest and 3 point seat
belt. The specification showed that it should be there so Alfa got it
sorted. At the time I thought how could the car be produced not to the
correct spec. So probably in the mis-build category!

Cheers
Tony