'La, La, La, I'm not listening'

Old May 8th 06, 09:38 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default 'La, La, La, I'm not listening'

Pete > wrote:

> On Mon, 8 May 2006 21:30:02 +0100, (SteveH),
> wrote:
>
> >I would worry that the GTV is more of the same, though. The Marea is a
> >cracking 'hot hatch' type car, but it's a bit too harsh and manic for my
> >80 miles / day. I spend the whole journey driving like a cnut.

> Maybe you should buy my Transit <LOL>

You haven't seen me drving one.....

Picture this. Fully liveried Iceland Transit, just done the last drop,
switched the fridge off to get a few extra bhp.... anyway coming back
over a nice twisty road outside of Hereford, I was 'in the groove', so
to speak, really hammering along (new shape Transits handle bloody well
for a van - shame this one was FWD, though)....... there's a bend with a
'yump' at the apex - I went out wide, hit the 'yump', got 4 wheels
airbourne, and landed rather crossed up on the wrong side of the road.

The look of horror on the faces of the people in the oncoming car were a
picture to behold.

(I must point out that I wasn't the full time driver of the van, but my
driver went off sick, and I fancied getting away from managing shelf
stackers for the afternoon)
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 8th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:

>> I didn't notice the missing air-con :-(

> I sort of assumed they'd all have it, but no, it appears not.

Lussos only

>> More grown-up? Everyone knows that if you can afford the insurance on
>> a GTV you have to be well old :-)

> Heh. You haven't seen the insurance rates on a Marea 20v. I managed to
> get a cheap deal in the end through the Fiat owners club, but most
> people wanted 3 times what Katie pays on the 156, ffs!
>
> I would worry that the GTV is more of the same, though. The Marea is a
> cracking 'hot hatch' type car, but it's a bit too harsh and manic for my
> 80 miles / day. I spend the whole journey driving like a cnut.

I used mine a few times on a 300 mile round trip for work - same model
(no Lusso - no aircon) and it was quite a relaxed cruiser - the tricky
bit is keeping to near legal speeds it seemed to want to cruise at 90.

Mine did have a sunroof though and I didn't miss the lack of aircon.
Regardless of sunroof they have *much* better ventilation than a 156.

Cheers
Tony

Old May 8th 06, 10:24 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

SteveH wrote:

>> Maybe you should buy my Transit <LOL>

> You haven't seen me drving one.....

Have you got one of those "how is my driving" stickers on the back!
Old May 8th 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Tony Rickard > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
>
> >> Maybe you should buy my Transit <LOL>

> > You haven't seen me drving one.....

> Have you got one of those "how is my driving" stickers on the back!

Fortunately, no.....

(I no longer work for them, hence my honest account of my behaviour in
the company van)
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL
Old May 9th 06, 07:48 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

" cupra" > wrote in message
> SteveH wrote:
>> But, feck me, this is cheap:
>>
>> http://snipurl.com/q71l

> Hmmm... on the way back from the airport on Sat.... tempting....

I normally drive a Smart For Two home and back (70 mile round trip) But this
evening got a Roadster for the first time in a couple of weeks so drove it
like a proper cnut with roof down MP3 player on!

Paddle shifting the 700 cc engine is much better than auto and reminded me
of my crashed Spider (Sniff sniff, still got a little box on wall with bits
in...)

Tra La!!

Alex

Highway Radio Listening teem Saturn 3 November 30th 05 04:11 AM
listening to misterfact-like hearing a baby cry Blah blah Saturn 8 July 9th 04 06:01 PM