2009 Buick LaCrosse Unlocking With Remote problem ?

Old November 12th 17, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob[_53_]

Default 2009 Buick LaCrosse Unlocking With Remote problem ?

Hi,

Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse sedan.

The Remote won't unlock the doors, or the trunk anymore.
Have a new battery in it.

Before I bring it in, thought I'd ask here first.

What usually goes for this type of problem:
the Remote itself, or a "receiver" module in the car ? Or,...?

If a Remote, how expensive, usually ?
(are third party cheaper ones avail.?)

Thanks,
Bob
Old November 13th 17, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Xeno

On 13/11/2017 1:13 AM, Bob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have a 2009 Buick LaCrosse sedan.
>
> The Remote won't unlock the doors, or the trunk anymore.
> Have a new battery in it.
>
> Before I bring it in, thought I'd ask here first.
>
> What usually goes for this type of problem:
> the Remote itself, or a "receiver" module in the car ?Â* Or,...?

The remote itself is the most likely because of the ruggedised
environment it operates in - your pocket.

> If a Remote, how expensive, usually ?

That depends on the dealer.

https://www.carandtruckremotes.com/2...-remote-1.html

> Thanks,
> Bob

The remote is cheap, the coding in to the car is the catch.
The price for getting that done depends on the dealer/locksmith you get
it done by.

As an aside, I don't know if it applies to your car, oftentimes the
coding process requires another *working* remote in order to program in
a new remote. I get the impression you may not have a second remote.

--

Xeno