Antifreeze brown sludge

Old August 29th 17, 01:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Antifreeze brown sludge

Tom Del Rosso > wrote:

>No the brown antifreeze comes in a regular size antifreeze jug. It
>looks like very muddy water right out of the jug.

Are you talking about Dexcool? What exactly does the owner's manual specify?

>I've had it five years and don't remember who said that. Before this I
>had a 1992 that didn't run so hot. Whoever it was said that green
>antifreeze is not for engines that normally run higher than the boiling
>point.

Umm... all engines since the Model A have run higher than the boiling point
of water at atmospheric pressure. It was a big advance over the Model T
system, too. The whole idea of keeping the system under pressure was really
pretty revolutionary.... but these days it's pretty normal.

Look in the owner's manual, what does it tell you to use? If it says to use
dexcool, use dexcool. If it says to use standard green stuff, do that.
--scott

Engine oil and Sludge Dennis[_2_] Technology 59 May 29th 08 03:49 PM
Is OK to combine antifreeze on Toyota with Honda antifreeze? Chris[_6_] Honda 2 February 11th 08 07:27 AM
Sludge and CO Gordon Driving 0 March 4th 06 05:01 AM
Sludge [email protected] Chrysler 51 June 7th 05 04:16 AM
2.7 Sludge Daniel J. Stern Technology 1 June 1st 05 11:37 PM