2nd copy of car keys and fob?

Old July 24th 17, 09:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On 7/24/2017 2:36 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

> He probably does, he just told me how to do it when I went to his car to
> get something. He calls my Corolla the cheap Lexus.

Lexus is built on the Toyota chassis. The Corolla is not as fancy, but
is a better value.

> The Lexus was a nice car to drive. If my mom had asked my advice I
> would have told her to get one instead of the POS 88 Caddy which
> replaced the POS 78 Caddy. Not as much fun to drive as the S2000,
> though, even if I botched half the shifts.

I drove mostly GM cars for years. Every one turned into a POS. After
GM suggested I buy a new car rather than have them fix it under
warranty, I've not touched another one.
Old July 25th 17, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:09:24 -0400, Mike_Duffy
> wrote:

>On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 02:58:42 -0400, micky wrote:
>
>> So after you stopped the car, I presume you could get the keys out and
>> it was normal again?

>Yes. Normal except my Mom didn't speak to my Dad the rest of the way home.
>I suppose that for her, the safety of the kids was more important than a
>masculine expression of roadway etiquette. Us kids were not worried,
>because that was was the first car we had with seat belts, and we always
>buckled-up, even on twisty low-speed gravel.
>
>A week later, you could still see black patches where the explosions had
>blown away the loose gravel from the hardpacked sections.

Laughing again.

Old July 25th 17, 01:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:28:37 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>I do like having a modern key, though. Although I thought it was kind
>of dumb before I had it, just pushing a button (sometimes exactly the
>wrong one) to open things is nice.

I like having the remote. Before it came with the car, I installed
burglar alarms where the fob controlled the door locks.

What I would like is a front door lock that is controlled by a fob also,
like the car, and if at all possible doesn't use batteries for the door
lock itself.

I looked all over 4 years ago and coldnt' find anything.

In the soon to be sold Toyota, both fobs broke at once, which made me
think it was the receiver. about $300, so I bought one and then another
from ebay. Neither did fixed it.

>Speaking of infinity holes... My husband's wallet fell out of his suit
>pocket and into the memory hole, where we didn't find it for two years.
> We thought it was stolen out of the house and caused major nuisance.

I'll bet!

Old July 25th 17, 02:20 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:28:37 -0700, The Real Bev
> wrote:

>On 07/24/2017 06:54 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
>> On 7/22/17 8:48 PM, micky wrote:
>>> How many of you carry a 2nd copy of your car keys and fob, when
>>> you're in town?
>>>
>>> When you go out of town?
>>>
>>> Before I had a fob, I carried a second car key for 10 or 20 years,
>>> but I stopped a while ago. I have a spare housekey and carkey
>>> buried in my yard somewhere, but I've never trusted magnetic
>>> keyholders for cars. I thought either it would fall off or someone
>>> would find it, since there are so few good places to put it. So I
>>> carried the dupe in my pocket.

>> My recent model upscale ride has keyless ignition and proximity
>> sensors. With the fob in my pocket, locked front doors open when I
>> grab either handle and the trunk opens when I touch its hidden
>> sensor.

>Having keyless ignition without proximity sensors seems annoyingly
>useless. You have the key in your hand to open the door, but where do
>you put it then if not in the handy storage slot? Drop it on the floor?
> Put it in a nonexistent pocket? On the seat where it can drop down
>into the memory hole between the seats? In my purse where I have to
>spend time finding it when I have to lock the car when I leave?
>
>Friend's Lexus has the prox sensors, but you have to push a button on
>the key to lock it when you leave. The side mirrors obligingly fold
>down when it's locked so you know that it's locked.
>
>One more useless thing that will probably immobilize the car when
>Something Goes Wrong.
>
>I do like having a modern key, though. Although I thought it was kind
>of dumb before I had it, just pushing a button (sometimes exactly the
>wrong one) to open things is nice.
>
>Speaking of infinity holes... My husband's wallet fell out of his suit
>pocket and into the memory hole, where we didn't find it for two years.
> We thought it was stolen out of the house and caused major nuisance.

I dropped my hearing aid down into the "black hole" under the center
of the 60/40 seet in my Ranger. Didn't realise I had lost it untill
much later - so where did I lose it? I had stripped the shed roof,
loaded all the scrop on the trailer, and taken it to the dump. Good
thing IO had (unsuccsessfully) paired them to my Blackberry cell phone
(only actually works with an i-phone) - I narrowed it down by where I
could catch a signal - I drove the truck 2 blocks to verify it was in
the truck, then started digging and tearing thinga apart.
Old July 25th 17, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 16:27:48 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 7/24/2017 2:36 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
>
>> He probably does, he just told me how to do it when I went to his car to
>> get something. He calls my Corolla the cheap Lexus.

>Lexus is built on the Toyota chassis. The Corolla is not as fancy, but
>is a better value.

No lexus is built on a corolla chassis, and in fact no lexus sold in
North Anerica is built on the same chassis as any Toyota sold in North
America (ublike Honda and Acyra)

Old July 25th 17, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 20:24:38 -0400, micky >
wrote:

>In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 09:09:24 -0400, Mike_Duffy
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 02:58:42 -0400, micky wrote:
>>
>>> So after you stopped the car, I presume you could get the keys out and
>>> it was normal again?

>>Yes. Normal except my Mom didn't speak to my Dad the rest of the way home.
>>I suppose that for her, the safety of the kids was more important than a
>>masculine expression of roadway etiquette. Us kids were not worried,
>>because that was was the first car we had with seat belts, and we always
>>buckled-up, even on twisty low-speed gravel.
>>
>>A week later, you could still see black patches where the explosions had
>>blown away the loose gravel from the hardpacked sections.

>Laughing again.

I'll bet the Muffler looked a lot different afterwards too!!!
We has a 1969 GMC pickup with a 292 inline 6 - had a "cherry bomb"
muffler on it as a replacement for the original after ONE good
backfire. One day comming down a good long grade with a big
Cockschutt 1955 tractor on the tri-axle towards a narrow bridge where
some guys were working, I shut off rhew ignition for a second, then
back on - never seen guys clear a bridge so quickly in my life.
Old July 25th 17, 03:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 07:56:42 -0400, Wade Garrett >
wrote:

>On 7/24/17 9:37 PM, wrote:

>>> Lexus is built on the Toyota chassis. The Corolla is not as fancy, but
>>> is a better value.
>>>

>> No lexus is built on a corolla chassis, and in fact no lexus sold in
>> North Anerica is built on the same chassis as any Toyota sold in North
>> America (ublike Honda and Acyra)
>>>

>Lexus ES350, Toyota Avalon. Same engine, same chassis, same
>transmission, same suspension, same body sheet metal.
>
>In the top Avalon trim line, the only real difference is the "L" on the
>Lexie's trunk and grill vs. the Toyota scarab.
>
>Oh, and the Lexie steering wheel does have power tilt/retract and swings
>out of the way a little when you shut off the engine. An extra year's
>warranty too.

OK - so they are selling the decontented Lexus as the Avalon now
instead of rhe strretched upgraded Camry - Was not aware of that, as
they sell SO few Avalons.
Old July 25th 17, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett

wrote:

>>> No lexus is built on a corolla chassis, and in fact no lexus sold in
>>> North Anerica is built on the same chassis as any Toyota sold in North
>>> America (ublike Honda and Acyra)
>>>>

>> Lexus ES350, Toyota Avalon. Same engine, same chassis, same
>> transmission, same suspension, same body sheet metal.
>>
>> In the top Avalon trim line, the only real difference is the "L" on the
>> Lexie's trunk and grill vs. the Toyota scarab.
>>
>> Oh, and the Lexie steering wheel does have power tilt/retract and swings
>> out of the way a little when you shut off the engine. An extra year's
>> warranty too.

> OK - so they are selling the decontented Lexus as the Avalon now
> instead of rhe strretched upgraded Camry - Was not aware of that, as
> they sell SO few Avalons.

Surprising that they don't sell more. The Avalon is a very nice car at a
decent price.

I guess Lexus owners have no problem forking over all that extra dough
for the "prestige" of driving a "carjack me/follow me home for a home
invasion" bait-mobile. They probably also like the rub-up they got from
the faux-snooty Lexus sales droids in the showroom;-)

Bring a heavy wallet for Lexus post-warranty repairs or service...

--
For each gallon of gas purchased in California, you pay 75 cents tax to
the government and eight cents for oil company profits. Those greedy oil

Where to get T Top Keys?? 84_mustang_5.0 Ford Mustang 0 April 27th 07 08:37 AM
keys Wagoneer Loyalist Jeep 18 April 14th 07 11:34 PM
Does anyone here actually prefer remote keys versus the old-fashioned keys? Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 67 November 3rd 06 03:06 PM
Keys Pete Audi 13 August 9th 05 11:05 AM
gtr hot keys Brendan Hoefs Simulators 0 July 24th 05 01:26 AM