First production HondaJet nearly completed

Old May 21st 14, 09:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
MummyChunk

Default First production HondaJet nearly completed

Soon enough , Honda will be knows for their jet planes as well.

From AB

FIRST PRODUCTION HONDAJET AIRCRAFT NEARS COMPLETION

- Certification and flight testing continue
- First production aircraft in final assembly
- New paint choice added to the line-up
- Continued growth with workforce exceeding 1,000

Honda Aircraft Company held a press conference today at the European
Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva,
Switzerland to annouce several achievements and milestones in the
development of the HondaJet.

"Honda Aircraft Company's most important goalsare achieving
Federal Aviation Administration Type Certification and delivering the
first customer aircraft," said Honda Aircraft Company President
and CEO Michimasa Fujino. "Our total effort is focused on
reaching thesemuch anticipated milestonesin the first quarter of
2015."

As certification and flight testing continues, the first production
HondaJet is in final assembly with the first set of production GE
Honda HF120 engines installed. Following engine installation, Honda
Aircraft will conduct ground tests on the aircraft with its first
flight anticipated this summer.

Production moves forward with nine aircrafts already on the assembly
line. This steady build up supports Honda Aircraft Company's objective
to have aircraft ready for delivery immediately after type
certification is achieved next year.

The first production aircraft to come off the assembly line will debut
a new exterior paint scheme of deep pearl green with a gold stripe.
The new color will be offered in addition to silver, red, yellow and
blue exterior finishes.

In addition to preparing the aircraft themselves, Honda Aircraft is
putting significant effort and investment into flight and maintenance
training for customers. Working with FlightSafety International, Honda
Aircraft is currently developing pilot and maintenance training
curriculums with classes scheduled to begin later this year in the
U.S.

"Honda Aircraft Company, along with our worldwide network of
dealers and suppliers, are working together to support the seamless
transition to customers," said Fujino. "Our goal is to have
everything ready before the first delivery. We are committed through
our network to deliver the best ownership experience from day
one."

Moreover, Honda Aircraft's 1,000th member of the workforce team member
joined the company this year. The company's growing workforce
represent more than 43 countries and represents the aviation
industry's top talent.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...0531#287330531

HELP....SAVE MY 74 ROADRUNNER from a fate worse than death - COMPLETED PIC 45.jpg (0/1) RonBailey Chrysler 5 January 21st 11 12:55 AM
PhD Student needs survey completed to finish my research schmed12 Technology 1 February 28th 10 05:26 AM
Decking completed Shag VW air cooled 8 November 23rd 08 07:22 PM
L@@K ! ! ! 25th Anniversary MUSTANG GT 5.0 CONV. Nearly-completed Restoration Car MPN Ford Mustang 0 September 19th 07 09:44 PM
CA-262/I-880 flyover completed, open to traffic Carl ROGÉRS Driving 4 June 26th 07 06:35 PM